“Once Again!!!”
Review of Couples Negril

Couples Negril
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Our 10th stay at CN was just as great as our 1st. One thing that can be said for CN is that you know what you are going to get when you stay - quality friendly service, wonderful food, lots of relaxation time, the chance to see friends from trips before and the chance to make new friends.
And CN did not disappoint from Dec. 29 - Jan. 5, 2014 (our 8th New Year's in a row!). The tree massage was great (thanks Diane and Nadene). The recreation and entertainment crew was fun (thanks Kiev, Carlos, and Okeno). The food, as usual fantastic (Ingid, Jaredo, and Adrian went out of their way to welcome us back to CN). The room service and front desk and bellhops, and guest relations were, of course friendly, helpful and courteous. Abraham even tried to fix an ongoing issue with the WiFi (which is being upgraded - just about the only problem we had although others were not having problems -- with Technology who knows whether it is with the local server or one's own device???). We are already booked to return in August and we will be getting ready to go back for our 9th New Year's. CN is, as they say when we arrive, HOME!
msohio2010

2  Thank msohio2010
Abraham I, Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear msohio2010,

Thank you for visiting Couples Negril for a 10th time and giving us 7 five-star reviews. We are glad you enjoy this property so much and see the consistency in our service. Couples Resorts genuinely appreciates loyal customers considering how many vacation choices are available.

We look forward to having you back in August and continuing to serve you in the future.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Couples Negril

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I spent the Christmas holiday at Couples Negril for our honeymoon, and we couldn't have been happier with our stay! I have only stayed in one all-inclusive resort before CN, and CN blew it out of the water. During our stay, we were in building 5, which worked out great for us because of its proximity to the water sports, which was one of the things we used the most during our stay. We also really enjoyed the activities planned by Kiev and other staff members, like Casino Night. They were fun and laid-back and allowed us to meet a lot of other interesting people at the resort.

The food was, of course, fantastic. I've noticed some complaints on here about the birds bothering diners at Cassava Terrace, but this was never much of an issue for us. The birds would only come up to the table at breakfast, and so long as you shooed them away, they weren't a problem.

The beach was beautiful and very well kept and the people trying to sell things on the beach were not as pushy or irritating as some reviews have suggested. As I've said, the water sports were one aspect of the result that we really enjoyed, and we would frequently take the Hobie Cats out. The glass bottom boat tour and snorkeling tour was also enjoyable, and Bubbalicious was a funny tour guide who we really enjoyed getting to know. The only thing that was disappointing was the catamaran tour... basically a three hour boat ride with half an hour to explore a cafe that leads up to the street where a pack of dogs was waiting... I'd pass on this if I went to CN again.

All in all, we really enjoyed our time at CN and are hoping to go back sometime in the near future. I also enjoyed what the resort did for those of us spending Christmas there and really appreciated the rum and hot sauce. :)

4  Thank Brittany B
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My fiancé and I just returned from our second trip to Couples Resort in Negril.
Our first experience, two years ago, at this resort well exceeded our expectations. In all fairness, prior to that trip, we really didn't know what to expect. All we wanted was to enjoy quality time together in a tropical setting with good food, good beach and exotic drinks. At that time, we didn't expect to enjoy our stay as much as we did. Could our next trip be nearly as good and memorable?? Would the weather be as perfect?? Would the service me as attentive?? Would the food be as good?? Would my clothes still fit me???? We began counting down the days many months ahead of this, our next trip, on the promise of the high bar that we set based on our first experience will be met.

Despite our lofty expectations, we are pleased to say that this most recent trip was even better. There is something about this place!!

Frankly, we are somewhat confused about negative comments that we have read in these TripAdvisor postings about Couples. This is a very laid back and casual resort in the Caribbean. While the rooms are currently being renovated, we did not expect (nor did we want) the rooms to be of a particularly five-star, Ritz Carlton quality. Our intent was to leave the pretentiousness and over-the-top accommodations to a more cosmopolitan setting where we did not want to be. These rooms were perfect for what it is and where it is. The buildings are supposed to look faded. They are supposed to have a pastel color. Nothing faded out about them!
We stayed at the resort for 7 glorious days.
- The food was consistently good, regardless of which of the restaurants we dined. I should note that it is the dinners that are really the focus of the on-premises meals.
Breakfasts are exactly what you would expect them to be: eggs, fruit, bacon, French toast/pancakes, etc. and other types of breads and cereals. Lunch, also, was nothing overdone -- burgers, chicken, salads, various desserts, etc. - all of which in plentiful supply.
- The service and spirit of the staff was excellent (more on this later). It seemed as though everyone had a smile and genuinely concerned about the guest's good time.
- The grounds are beautiful. Lush, meticulously maintained landscaping and vegetation throughout the grounds.
- The beach is perfect. Not much more to say about that. Soft white powdery sand - that is always cool on your feet. We walked the length of the beach every morning - about 3 miles, to start our day.
I can go on about he many amenities about the resort. Suffice to say, Couples makes an effort to ensure that their guests enjoy themselves, whether they want to relax at the beach or pool with a drink (or many) and read a book, or if they want to occupy their days with various watersports and activities.

Of special note, however, were the added bonuses that created an even more memorable experience.

Fellas...... Now, I'm talking to you!!! Be sure to make arrangements for the private dinner on the beach! This was worth every penny of the additional cost! Your wife/girlfriend will love this. It will surely be among the most memorable moments of the trip (and that is saying a lot). In essence, what you get is a table for two - away from everything - right on the beach. Torch lights around your private dining area, and a menu created specifically for the two of you. Background music, wine & champagne. If you're lucky, you will eat under a star filled sky. There is nothing contrived or forced about this, and I challenge any couple not to be moved by the Moment.

Also, of extra special note............. As we have all grown accustomed to New Years Eve being somewhat anticlimactic, Couples put together a New Years Eve that neither my fiancé nor I will soon forget. We danced all night to an incredible band (and a DJ). The atmosphere was so festive that even the staff working the event were encouraged to enjoy themselves, during those instances that they weren't waiting tables or performing their assigned duties. After midnight, guests were invited to the beach to set aloft memory/wish lanterns.

As I indicated in our post after our first visit two years ago, we will definitely be back and are already counting down the days!

9  Thank Ira K
Abraham I, Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Ira K,

Congratulations on your engagement! Couples Negril enjoyed having you for your second visit. Your comments are genuinely appreciated.

The fact that you rated every aspect of this resort highly is extremely gratifying. It was also reassuring to see that you related well with our rustic design concept. Green conditioned walls, local wood work, and dim cove lighting help create our unique ambience. No Greek statues or marble here!

All four of our resorts are authentic and provide a soothingly elegant environment. Don’t be shy to view our other properties on our new website, Couples.com.

Thank you for choosing Couples Resorts. We are also counting the days till your next arrival.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We recently stayed at Couples Negril for our anniversary celebration, and we could not be happier with our choice. The beach, the staff, the atmosphere, everything is absolutely wonderful. Never a fight for beach chairs, pristine sand and the water is perfect. It is big enough to meet people but not the same people every day, and small enough to claim a boutique-type charm where the staff know you by name. The clientele are also wonderful, everyone seems to be on the same level here, and we find we have many things in common with those who visited with us.

The only thing I would like to see change: the rooms could use a little facelift/update, however, our room was wonderful--beachfront suite 1301 with ocean view. STUNNING! And the in-room bar service and turndown service was perfect as well. In fact, from the Couples lounge in the airport, to the final goodbye our experience was wonderful.

I was sad to leave, and hope to be back as soon as we can, this truly is our new home away from home. Next time, I will stay longer than just 7 days!

Room Tip: We had the best you could get, so I can't speak to the other rooms, but the splurge for a suite...
3  Thank foodieinthefort
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We just returned from a wonderful stay at Couples Negril. Neither my wife nor I had ever been to an All-Inclusive, and I was concerned I'd get bored, as most of our travel is an adventure (e.g. Asia) that requires a break before returning to work.

But the combination of perfect weather, great food and service, warm water and a lovely hotel gave us a great 4-night trip that felt like a true vacation. There were activities offered, but sitting on the beach and alternating between reading and swimming was actually what we spent most of our time doing.

We did take the HobyCat out sailing twice, I did wake-boarding, and we snorkels twice, once at night. We had plans to take a tennis lesson with the on-site pro and doing a sunset catamaran cruise, but when the time came we decided to continue sitting on the beach.

By the end of the trip, we started ordering room service breakfast, another amenity that would be very easy to get used to. Then we'd take a morning walk and swim, then get some fresh-squeezed orange juice or a fruit smoothie. Quite lovely.

Since I believe the managers at CN monitor this, I'll repeat the recommendations I made in the final customer survey. One of the hot tubs was sometimes closed, and even when it was open, it was never above 100 degrees. Actually, only one of the hot tubs we tried was actually "hot", the rest were warm. And evidently smoking is permitted in the hot tubs, which is pretty gross. They need a "No Smoking" sign in the hot tub areas. Given the high price of the hotel, I would have expected a lower smoking rate, since I tend to think people who can afford a $500 / night hotel aren't people that smoke, but there were also a lot of Europeans there, perhaps that contributed to the perception of how much people smoked. Regardless, smoking in the pool and hot tub shouldn't be allowed.

The night snorkeling was the only thing that wasn't included in the all-inclusive price, and for the extra $35pp, I wish that there had been another guide along. The group was simply too big to be clustered together, and when the guide pointing out a lobster or whatever, we'd all bump into each other trying to see it before it scampered away. Still, night snorkeling was definitely cool and memorable.

All in all, and excellent, first-class trip. First thing I did when I got home was sign up for a flight fare alert, the non-stop flight from BWI makes it a really easy trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2200 block, and it was perfect. View of a pond, close to everything yet very quiet...
4  Thank Tacman1123
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have been traveling extensively for the past 30 years..We have hit almost every Caribbean Island and we fell in love with Turks and Caicos.We spent a week at CN in November and were amazed at the service, the employees, the beach and the food and we are not the AI type of people.
We were scheduled to return to Turks and Caicos in June which would have been out 11th trip. We even had the air fare booked and the deposit at the hotel was paid. This morning we decided that we had such a great time and CN and that we wanted to return there in June. We cancelled our air fare to T&C and booked CN this morning..I think we are both in shock, but it is a happy shock. For the price of T&C we can go to CN stay in a beachfront deluxe room for 9 nights 2x's a year..We are so excited and cannot wait until 6/6.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
16  Thank JerseyGirl205
Abraham I, Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear JerseyGirl205,

Thank you for staying at Couples Negril and sharing your vacation experience. I am pleased to learn that extensive travellers like yourselves see excellent value in what we offer. Couples Resorts is unique within the all-inclusive market. Authentic service, distinctive ambience, and exquisite beaches are just a few of the features that set us apart. Being all-inclusive, our food tends to surprise guests. We are extremely innovative when it comes to our menus.

It is great that you have decided to return to Couples Negril. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Cannot begin to explain the amazing party CN put together for New Year's Eve! Wow!!!!! More food & drinks imaginable, great music, live bands, party favors, photos galore, the balloon drop at midnight fell right over heads as we cheered and counted down to 2014! Aside from that, our stay at CN was fantastic. We were in a renovated room in building 1 on the 3rd floor- beachfront deluxe. They did a great job on the renovations!!! We will be back!!!! At the repeaters dinner we sat with the food & beverage manager who was extremely personable and a wealth of information! He sent us a special cake for our 10th anniversary and we were lucky enough to meet his wife at the New Year's Eve party. We had an amazing trip!!!!

4  Thank clkbjk06
Abraham I, Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear clkbjk06,

Thank you for your review. Couples Negril is glad you enjoyed celebrating New Year’s Eve with us. We try to outdo ourselves every year with elaborate displays and sensational entertainment. I also noticed that you liked the newly renovated room you stayed in. Great to know our guests are seeing these improvements taking place.

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary! Your comments on this mean a lot, especially to our Food and Beverage manager who acknowledged this occasion.

We look forward to seeing you again.