“Wedding Anniversary”
Review of Couples Negril

Couples Negril
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We just returned from Couples Negril last night. It was our 2nd time there in the last 3 years..It was absolutely everything we remember from the first trip...and even more!!!! The staff is absolutely amazing....The food is out of this world...the rooms are clean, well kept, and just the right size!!
The activities are endless through the day...you can stay as busy as you want, or sit and do nothing on the best beach in the world!!! The floats and Red Flags on the beach are the greatest!!! The bartenders, servers, wait staff, etc cannot be beat.... They know your name and what you drink by the second day!
My wife and I have been to many resorts in 19 years....nothing beats this one for a beach resort vacation....yes there are many places in the world we want to go, but for a romantic couples only resort with top notch accomodations, food, drinks, service....you will never beat this one!!!!
We will go back again, and again, and again...that is not even a question. While you are there, it is hard to find someone who is not a repeat visitor. I met a couple this week who were visiting for the 36th time since the resort opened!!! What's that tell you!!!
Don't hesitate....just book....don't look anywhere else for this type of vacation.
Best beach ever!!! Best everything!!!!
J. Martin --- Indiana ----

Room Tip: Building 1,2,6,7 are great choices.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeremy M

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and myself went to CN over New Years along w 2 other couples. 4 of us had been before back in 2010.
Check in is always easy at this resort...welcoming and quick. 2 of our rooms were ready, 1 was not. So we all just had our luggage delivered to one room and headed to the beach while we waited for the 3rd room to be ready.
We stayed in a Garden Suite room, lovely updates....walk in shower, fresh coats of paint etc...everything looked tweaked, and clean. Minor details, like lamp shades that need replacing, and the usual, never enough hangers in the closet. (My girlfriend brought extra w her, and I am definitely going to start doing that on our next trip.)
I love the boutique style of CN, and I also appreciate that this isn't a huge resort, one of the many reasons we decided to return.
We were there over New Years and the celebrations were over the top beautiful. New Years Eve was nothing short of spectacular, quite a feet of organization and celebration put on incredibly well by all the staff. Everyone had such a great time, staff and management made it a memorable night for all their guests.
The food was the wonderful once again. I am a vegetarian and never found it difficult to enjoy well prepared tasty food. Most staff members are truly awesome and helpful, and like anywhere else, there's your usual grump or two on board too.
I treated myself to a facial at the spa, and it was a truly top notch and relaxing experience. The price was well worth it. The estitician's name was Karen and she was wonderful, such a sweet and talented woman. Truly money well spent. Thank you Karen!
We were invited by management to a dinner for those guests who were returning. We didn't go, but only because we didn't want to leave our friends, (who had never been before), out in the cold so to speak. I meant to let management know of our decline to the invite and why, but I didn't get around to it....my apologies, it was a lovely gesture on their part.
Overall, we found CN pretty much exactly the same as when we left it 4 years ago....tranquil, peaceful, and warm.
If you are trying to decide where to go, you probably won't be disappointed w CN. The beach is spectacular, food and drinks plentiful, service is for the most part excellent, super inclusive activities (catamaran, snorkelling, etc...) are easy to book and well organized. Bar service to your room is prompt and efficient. No one ever expects a tip at the resort, and there is never any pressure by staff to receive one either.
This time around, and this is no reflection on the resort, I just didn't like the vibe of the guests as much as I did the last time. It seemed to me like there were too many guests at the resort who didn't know how to handle themselves with manners and social skills. This is purely a personal notation, and not a reflection on CN, the resort is still truly warm and welcoming, however to me, some people treated this level of 'welcome home' vacation a little too literal.
All this being said...the big question...would we go back?...yes, we would, 3rd time lucky, right?!

Room Tip: Garden suites are located very centrally to the main areas of the resort, and to the beach. Most of...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PipCheedwell
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon in September. This place is so nice!! I loved having the flag service on the beach. The drinks were good and if you wanted them a little stronger they always were willing to do that. The food was good. I loved the breakfast in the AM. Lots of fresh fruits, smoothies, fresh coconuts with straws that would help you with your hangovers ;), chocolate croissants were amazing!!! I had pancakes every morning freshly made and loved them! I gained like 5 pounds on this vacation!

I highly suggest walking down the beach to the right to The Office of Nature. We had fresh lobster there that was grilled right in front of us. SOOOO GOOOD!!!!!!! Talked with the locals and had a couple of red stripes. Yummy!

We went to Rick's Cafe....had a great time there. We also went to YS Falls. We enjoyed that as well. It was a long day so by the time we got home from that excursion we were exhausted!

The room service was great. I loved the animals that they did for our beds.

It would be great if they had a few more flavored vodkas and beers. The pool bar was my favorite bar. In the afternoons it was like a party down there doing shots and drinking. Super Fun!

I def. would go back. We are hoping to make it back in 2015!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kari K
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I visited this resort to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary. The resort was not to big yet not to small. The service was excellent, great food and nice clean accomodations. I would highly recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BloomsdaleMO
Reviewed 7 March 2014

After reading some reviews on here before we went we did wonder if we would see a change from our last visit in 2013. We certainly did. It was even better. In my opinion the service in every bar and restaurant was quicker and staff were even happier. The only negative we encountered was a bit of a brawl one day at the pool bar. Sorry to say two US travellers had a disagreement and wanted everyone to know about it .... but let's blame it on the alcohol. It happens the world over. Yet again we have booked our return trip for 2015. Long live the Couples brand, wonderful staff and the amazing people who stay there. We never leave without making many new friends. Bring on Feb 2015 :)

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank MrsBFrank
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We celebrated our 20th anniversary in Jamaica for our first visit to the island. We have usually traveled to Mexico and would highly recommend Couples Negril and Jamaica all inclusives over Mexico's. The quality of service, food, drinks and staff are far superior. The genuine concern for us each and every day was remarkable by the staff. The beach is far better, in our opinion, to 7 mile beach if you want a calm, quiet and relaxed atmosphere. I would agree with others, if you are looking for an upscale property with lots of action and noise, this is not the resort for you, however they have excellent entertainment and activities if you want to partake in them, but it is a very relaxed atmosphere with not a lot of glitz and glamour. My highlight were the floaties provided with our beach/pool chairs, so you could cool off in the water anytime and relax away. The water/beach quality is superb. I would note that the rooms need updating, but that was not our priority as we spent most of our time outdoors. We look forward to a return some day soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to beach to avoid noise from road/traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed 4 March 2014

just got back from 10 days at couples Negril . had not been in 13 years but had walked the beach from lido next door last year
the place is still beautiful to walk in to
the staff was great in every way from the girl who did our room to the front desk and everyone in between
the food was very good at all of the resturants and what I would expect from a couples property
we have stayed at san souci 5 or 6 times tower isle a couple but this does have the best beach and pool area
the nude beach is another story .I know the people who use it only represent about 10 % of your clients but a small pool would be great the sand fleas from the beach always get my wife so we ended up spending most of our time by the regular pool which was fine but just not what we like to do.
the rooms are fine nothing special and nothing bad may need some updating but everything worked so what else do you need
all in all a very nice time

Room Tip: most off the rooms do not have a view of the ocean so if that is a problem I would look at san souci...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple