Couples Negril
US$193
US$120
US$64
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$148
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$80
TripAdvisor
US$484
US$380
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
TripAdvisor
4,522 results
All reviewscassava terracethe red flag servicecatamaran cruisepiano barotaheite restaurantheliconia grilllychee restaurantcouple negrilour honeymoonnude beachother resortsthe fine dining restaurantwater sportsswim up barbloody baylobster nightscuba diving
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at couples in December 2012 and cannot wait for our next trip there!

The down and dirty: They do not allow tipping but if there is an employee you really like you can give them presents. The beach is fantastic, calm waves and clear, warm water. The pool could use a little more shading around it for seating but you can always get a seat. We did the snorkel trip out to the cavern and had a blast. The rum punch is to die for. We also paid the extra fee and took the night snorkel trip. I saw a lot of sea creatures but couldn't get over the soapy taste in my snorkel. Bring your own. Food is excellent, no complaints. Alcohol...well lets just say stop after 1 Bob Marley. Don't attempt 2 or you may not remember your vacation. We met some awesome people and went dancing in the disco and had a blast. We stopped at that the grill for a snack after and had a great night. Don't be afraid to make friends there!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kristen C
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for a week April 12-19/2014 and enjoyed the resort, the staff, activities, drinks and the food. The tennis program was excellent and was well attended every day. The scuba diving is very good. The reef is in reasonable shape and the manta ray and shark sightings were a treat. The scuba staff are very professional and fun to dive with. The trip was worth every dollar.

I do have one suggestion for management. I can understand why there is a no tipping policy but Couples should have a program like the resorts in Fiji. There is a "Christmas Fund" that is voluntary for guests to contrbute. The money in distributed once per year with every employee getting the same amount for each month worked during the year. Everyone wins! Guests are happy, all employees are rewarded for there outstanding service and it does not cost Couples anything

Room Tip: Stayed in Bldg 5. Close to tennis, diving and is quiet.
4  Thank humptus
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was our 4th trip to Couples Negril and it is still a wonderful place to visit. You just can't beat it for a number of reasons: gorgeous beach, spectacular pool right on the beach, amazing food, and the staff are all so friendly and really take good care of you. On the morning we checked out our housekeeper came to see us to make sure she had taken good care of us and even gave me a hug. How often does that happen? But that's just the kind of place it is. It is a small, casual resort and only one of the restaurants require that you dress up a little. As repeaters, we are invited to a special dinner and one member of the staff sits at each table. We also are given a gift certificate to use as we please in the gift shop, spa, etc. Very nice touches! ALL beach activities are included (snorkeling, glass bottom boat, scuba diving, catamaran ride up the coast, etc.) which is so nice. If you are looking for a wild crazy noisy place, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a beautiful, quiet resort with great food, super beach and pool, and outstanding staff - you'll love it, too!

Room Tip: We upgraded this trip to Ocean View and loved it. We were in building 9 which we like a lot.
8  Thank Kathy F
Reviewed 17 April 2014

There are many positive reviews for this resort but there is one reason in particular we felt the need to write our own review and that is for the staff. The staff are among some of the most amazing, friendly and accommodating people we have met in our travels and they all deserve to be recognized.

My husband and I have traveled many places together, however, this was our first Caribbean and first all-inclusive resort type trip. We usually like to travel around our destination and explore the scenic and historical aspects of our trip so this was something out of our comfort zone.

As soon as we arrived at the airport we knew this was going to be a great time. Couples has their own spot in the airport (as many of the resorts did), but we were welcomed with the friendliest of smiles and told to come in for a quick check-in, leave our bags, drink some red stripe and relax after our plane ride. Our transport to the resort was a little long but beautiful scenery to take in. Once arriving to the resort we were greeted with a glass of champagne and the warmest welcome. We were then taken to our room which was clean and comfortable. This is where I will break down our trip into categories.

Accommodations:
The rooms are clean and comfortable in size and layout. The housekeeping staff is just incredible and change the towels twice a day because nothing ever dries in the humidity. There are plenty of hooks to hang wet things and this was very much needed throughout our stay. We had a balcony overlooking the ocean which was lovely in the morning. My only small complaint was the beds seemed very hard to me and the first morning I felt pretty sore, but I seemed to adjust quickly and it was the least of my worries after a long wonderful day in the warm sun.

Resort Grounds:
The grounds are impeccable, every morning when we would come down for coffee and the grounds were being attended to. There was never any trash. All empty glasses or dishes were quickly swept away by the staff and the pools were sparkly clean. This takes a lot of hard work and it really did show. The main pool is a perfect size, we loved the swim up bar when we were in the pool and not the ocean and our favorite was playing pool volleyball.

Beach:
Other then the staff, this was my favorite part of the resort. We took a few excursions off the resort (which were amazing by the way) and had some comparison of other beaches in the area and it seemed hard to beat this one. The water was so warm, calm and clear with white sands as far as you could walk out. Beach was important to me because I love to swim in the ocean water and this is exactly what I did. Other then one curious stingray and a few small starfish the marine life stayed further out in the reefs so we did not have any problems with jelly fish stings or sharp rocks/sea urchins etc. There is a lot of shade on this beach which was important being so fair skinned and although it was probably due to the time of year (we went 2nd week of April) we never once had to fight for a spot on the beach or by the pool. The beach lounge chairs have cushions that double as floats to take in the water. The beach is freshly raked every morning and there are always fresh towels to exchange for wet ones during the majority of the day. Red flag service was wonderful for drink refills, however there is never a bar too far away if you want to stretch your legs and get one yourself. There are a few vendors that walk along the beach, they are never pushy and often fun to talk to.

Food/Drinks:
The drinks are great, always available when you want. Order off their drink menu which is huge, or order any of your favorite drinks from home. Our bartenders always had a smile on their face and loved to chat if you like to strike up a conversation. The food was overall very good. The buffets always had TONS of choices, you would have to be an impossibly picky eater to not find at least one thing you would like. We made reservations at the fancier restaurant a couple times because the food here was excellent and we did not have a problem making the reservations but this again may be due to the time of year we went. As always, excellent staff.

Weather/water sports:
As stated earlier we went second week of April because I researched online and saw that early in this month is not typically rainy. Many couples we met who have been coming to the island in early April for several years say it hardly rains and then only lightly for a short time. We did seem to have more rain then usual and it did prevent water activities one day of the week but the next day the green flag was back up. The weather where we are from in New England has been very unseasonably cold and snowy so I can imagine this has something to do with Jamaica having unseasonably early rain. I would say the weather this trip is the exception not the rule and this was confirmed by some of the staff. The water sports were so fun, we tried to take advantage of everything and even got a sailing lesson for no extra charge. We loved the snorkeling and glass bottom kayak. We did do the sunset cruise one evening and although it was a very fun trip and the caves they take us to are very pretty, my only other complaint for the whole trip was here. We are non-smokers and the smell of smoke is very bothersome to me. They allow smoking on the beach which was not my favorite thing but we usually could find a place away from any smoke. However, smoking was also allowed on the catamaran and a large group of smokers sat at the front of the boat so all of us in the back had a constant smell of cigarettes coming our way. I had a pretty severe headache the rest of the trip and into most of the evening after we got back. This really ruined our time on the boat so I would encourage management to please please please consider banning smoking on a boat with such close quarters.

Staff:
Our favorite part of the trip. They are all locals and are the friendliest and most easy going culture we have met in a long time. We were never met without a smile, they are always there to joke and laugh with you and always accommodating. Tipping is not allowed on the resort but there were a few instances where we were able to be discrete and not jeopardize their job because we really felt it was deserved and US dollars go a long way in Jamaica.

In summary, we loved Jamaica and we loved Couples Negril. We will have a difficult decision when we plan our next trip to Jamaica to come back to Couples Negril or try another Couples resort in order to explore different parts of the island. I would recommend this resort to any of my friends and family and we hope to be back very soon someday!

9  Thank eprimian
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband I recently returned from our first stay at Couples Negril. We had a great time. The resort is relatively small, and has a very laid back, intimate vibe. The service was excellent, efficient, and friendly. You could do lots, or just lie on the beach. The beach was nice, with lots of shade options. The grounds were well-kept. Had a couples massage in the " treehouse" -- super massage with the sound of the waves on the beach and birds in the trees, way better than the usual new wave CD! There are four restaurants with good food, including V
Caribbean options and influences. We will definitely be back. We have only stayed at one other all-inclusive, on the Mayan Riviera, which was bigger and higher end, but it also costs more. As otHer reviewers note, it is not as glossy as other places, but it is very comfortable and pretty. We also felt safe at all times.

Room Tip: I paid extra for ocean view, but it wouldn't bother again as you only saw a corner of it, and only from a certain vantage point. We were in building 5, right near the water sports, which was handy, but could also be noisy during the day for short times. All the buildings looked fine to me.
6  Thank OttawaSheila