US$325
US$194
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$240
US$233
Hotels.com
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$69
US$60
  • Pool
Westender Inn(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$64
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$161
US$150
  • Breakfast included
US$210
US$193
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$413
4,566 results
All reviewscassava terracethe red flag servicecatamaran cruisepiano barotaheite restaurantheliconia grilllychee restaurantcouple negrilour honeymoonnude beachother resortsthe fine dining restaurantwater sportsswim up barbloody baylobster nightscuba diving
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just came back after a fantastic week here. This was my 1st time here, 2nd time at a Couples resort. (We stayed in Sans Souci in December 2012). So my thoughts, pros and cons, comparisons to Sans Souci:

Pros:
First and foremost the staff----they are warm, welcoming, friendly and take a genuine interest in your visit. The food is really good. I was there for a full week and didn't get sick of it like I have in other all inclusives. The drinks are strong and they have name brands too, not just bar brands. I had some of the best and strongest Tanqueray and tonics at the pool bar. The beach is really nice, sandy, clean; the water was warm and blue. They offer a lot of water sports for free. Usually the motorized sports are extra at these resorts, but here they're included. We did the snorkeling trip (it was OK, not that much to see though we did spot a moray eel and a stingray) and the sunset catamaran to the caves which was a lot of fun. A fellow guest was marvelling that he'd gone scuba diving 8 times already, all included. They do a fantastic job of having different activities each day. One night the entire buffet was brought to the beach and it was a beautiful way to dine with a live raggae band. Another night they had a singer and a bonfire on the beach. We watched the whole thing from a hammock and it was a wonderful experience. Sunset champagne on the beach was very nice too and a wonderful way to end the day. Everyone was out there taking pictures of themselves and each other with a champagne flute in hand.

Cons:
Not many but a few worth mentioning. I really miss the water bottles. The resort is earth friendly and I understand the conservation, but I like having a water bottle in the room at night just in case I wake up thirsty. I ended up buying an insulated cup and always had that filled from the water from all the fountains throughout the property. The water fountain in the gym doesn't work and they have a nasty neon yellow sports drink in the dispenser. The nude beach is way too exposed. The main beach is public so you do have locals selling their wares or offering to sing for you, but they were never aggressive or nasty if you said no.

Comparison between Negril and Sans Souci:
SS is more unique of a property and is tucked away. There are a lot of little hideways throughout the resort and their beach isn't accessible by anyone else. Negril is on a nicer beach, but it's open to people walking by from other resorts or anyone looking to sell you something. The nude beach at SS was really out of the way and much more of a fun scene. There was virtually no one at Negril's, possibly because of total lack of privacy. The adjacent resort's guard was standing there the whole time along with cigarette vendors and the parasailing guy walking by. SS's room terraces were more private due to the hillside setting and all the foliage. If you wanted to have breakfast in your nightgown on the terrace in Negril, everyone could see you.

Overall, I really liked Negril and would recommend it to anyone. But I loved Sans Souci and would go back there again.

Room Tip: It's a small resort so you're never far from the beach. Our rooms were in the 4 block, closer to the water sports and tennis courts. There was also a small never used pool and hot tub right by our room.
8  Thank BacchusBoo
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just got back. Nice property. Visually appealing, like a tropical paradise. Lots of greenery. Easily the best part of this resort is the beach. Among the nicest beaches I've been to. Room is nice, AC strong & reliable, staff is nice, and price is reasonable...some smaller things need attention that I won't mention here because I might be nitpicking.

BUT...I've stayed at Iberostar in Montego Bay the previous 3 consecutive years, and Couples just doesn't compare.

The biggest gripe I had, easily, was that there is NO bottled water on this resort. Anywhere. Don't even think about it. Not in your room minibar, or the restaurant, or any of the bars...anywhere. I drink a LOT of water, workout a bit, and this was a real issue for me. Did I mention, of course it's hot down there? There are 2 water dispensers by one of the bars, but beyond that, no. The lounge at the airport, curiously, has water, but not the actual resort. The first time I asked for water and told me there was none, I thought they were joking.

Iberostar is just more luxurious...and has bottled water. The beach is tolerable, but not on the level of the beaches in Negril. That still won't lure me back.

I also went to Jamaica to see my annual Sumfest.
Unfortunately, Negril is about 1.25 hours from the Sumfest venue...though admittedly I knew that. Also, probably most excursions are far from Negril, closer to MoBay or Ocho Rios.

We had a really good time, but if I could go back in time, I'd go back to Iberostar (Suites or Grand- having stayed at both Suites is the better value. Unless you can't tolerate kids- then go for Grand. Other than that they're identical).

The only draw to this place is the beach. If you like to have water readily available in your room and insist on Negril, simply choose another resort along the same beach. There are many.

8  Thank Ackright
Abraham I, Owner at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Ackright,

Thank you for staying at Couples Negril. We were happy to learn you enjoyed our beach and thought the resort was nice. As you mentioned, we offer a very different experience to a hotel like the Ibero Star. This is intentional.

Couples Resorts is in the process of switching to a fully “green” water system where plastic waste will be reduced. However, we are still empathetic towards those who prefer bottled water. Water stations will be installed on all floors eventually which will improve accessibility.

Thank you for your feedback and our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience during your stay.

Regards,
Abraham Issa

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is the only all-inclusive resort we've ever been to so we have nothing to compare it to, but we loooove this resort. The staff is amazing (polite, attentive, happy, and they mix delicious drinks), the grounds are gorgeous, the extra-curricular activities are easy to take advantage of (tennis, kayaking, snorkling, paddle boarding, sunset cruise, etc.), and the entertainment is incredible. Live music at breakfast, the INCREDIBLE voice of Shyam Moses at the Monday night bonfire, piano bar sing-a-longs...it's all wonderful. Our first year we stayed in the building just behind the main stage/dining area--too loud. This time we requested a quieter room and were put in building 5...SUPER QUIET, although a bit of a hike to the pool, etc. The guests are also great. My husband is 30 (on the young side for this resort) and I am 43 (right in the mix). There are always a few party folks who are (in my opinion) a little loud, a little "overgrown frat boy," or "too-old-to-be-acting-like-a-girl-on-spring-break," but most everyone is pretty chill. I only have a few "complaints" (and these are minor). The bathrooms could be updated a bit (exhaust fans would be great to cut down on steamed up mirrors, shampoo AND conditioner--versus "conditioning shampoo"), and the air-conditioner...which worked great...was a little loud AND is mounted on the wall in such a way that the digital display lights up the room at night...esp if you're sleeping on that side of the bed. We taped something over it, but it's just a weird place for something like that (versus closer to the floor). Do not miss the sunset cruise--we didn't go last year but were so glad we did it this time...swimming in the caves was fun and it was just a beautiful ride. We will be back again and again!

Room Tip: Avoid building 4...traffic noise. The building behind the Cassava Terrace is fine if you don't mind music until 10 p.m.--if you want something quieter request a building on the other side (building 3 or 5) or one closer to the beach.
3  Thank AllisonEB2013
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We are writing to express our appreciation for the quality of service we received at Couples Negril as we celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We truly enjoyed the peace and quiet as we truly enjoyed each other. We want to express our appreciation for the superior service we received during our stay at Couples Negril while dinning in the Cassava Terrace dinning room in particular Annique, Vanden and Donrae the trainee and other staff members who were always very helpful. Our room was a very nice garden view and room service was good. After not knowing what to expect after we made our decision to stay at Couples Negril we are happy to say that what we were looking for were met and exceeded, We will definitely recommend Couples Negril to family and friends and we are sure we will be back on vacation. Our desire is to get the same quality of service when we return. Thanks Again, see you soon.

Room Tip: Room 1306 was perfect however, we would love to try 1301.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked this trip back in June for mid July as a last minute getaway. The reviews were solid and the price point seemed reasonable for an all inclusive 5 day vacation. Overall this wasn't a bad trip, but we were definitely left unsatisfied in certain realms of the overall experience.

Pros:
-Arrival was pleasant, we showed up about an hour before scheduled check-in and were promptly greeted with refreshing cold towels and champagne. Our room was ready and we were escorted there right away.

-The beach was by far the best part of the trip. It was steps from our beach front room, very clean and lots of space so you could have your privacy from other guests if you desired.

-The water sports activities were nice to have available to break up the monotony of lounging on the beach and floating in the water. We did the glass bottom boat and snorkeling which were enjoyable, and the staff was pleasant.

-If you're a guest that still needs to cater to some business while relaxing the WiFi we experienced was great. We had no issues in our room near the beach and the signal even carried out to the water on our float running Spotify.

50/50:
-The food and drinks were average, nothing mind blowing but good enough to be expected for the caliber of the resort. We had an odd moment when asking for a gin gimlet and the bartender looking at us with a blank stare. We had also requested a Tanqueray and tonic at the beach and twenty minutes later received a glass of tonic and a separate glass of some non-alcoholic fruity concoction. When we questioned the server he was defensive and blamed the bartender. He didn't offer to correct it and just walked away. More on this is addressed below with the service aspect. With this being said, we had to remind ourselves that we were mainly there for the location and to enjoy the beach and not there for the food and drink. We viewed the dining more as something that was in the background to be seamless and convenient to supplement the stay. If we were looking to go somewhere for the food and drinks and fine dining it wouldn't be here.

Cons:

-First to address here was the overall service and poor attitude of the staff. We were initially greeted on arrival with such a positive tone that we felt was surely setting the vibe for the remainder of the stay but this was not the case. There were very few smiles amongst the staff and the attitude they carried was as if they are doing you a favor. Much of their service was performed at the bare minimum and nobody ever anticipated any needs. We weren't expecting five-star pampering at this level, but also weren't expecting that little enthusiasm from the staff at an all-inclusive. I'm sure part of this behavior is due to lack of tips and therefore lack of motivation to go above and beyond. It's also seems to be a cultural thing and the slow moving of the island, either way it's not a good look for tourists who are coming from areas where this is unacceptable.

-The room view was great, I believe we were in building 6. Be aware that if you are near the beach in building 6 it will be noisy near the main dining and pool activities all day. That didn't bother us, but I could see some people being annoyed by it. The overall rooms were okay, a bit dated and could use some better cleaning. We had grime on the tiles in the bathroom and a few hairs still in the tub upon arrival. There were little ants mainly in the sink and around the bathroom counter every night we had to spray. This comes with the territory, but just makes you wonder how much the resort goes out of their way to curb insects besides throwing a can of bug spray in the room.

-Some of the clientele was rather unsavory. We witnessed a group of six during a pleasant dinner at Lychee taking swigs out of their wine bottle. Also had the pleasure of watching many 50+ reliving their spring break doing headstand beer shots and log-rolls into the pool. Lots of rowdy immature behavior during the day at the pool. Only saving grace was no night swimming allowed, the resort clearly knows that would be a disaster with all the drinks some of the guests are putting down. To each their own and we're up to party too, but it gets excessive when you don't know where to draw the line and act civilized when it's appropriate. We'd rather pay a premium next time around at a higher level all inclusive that weeds out this time of behavior.

-Don't forget to question the random 20% charge on anything purchased on the property. I happened to purchase a cigar and a couple items in the gift shop only to realize the heavy tax was applied upon checkout. You have no choice but to charge to your room and absorb this surcharge. I even paid cash on checkout so no card transaction took place where I could see at least justifying a transaction fee. This was clean 20% on top for reasons unknown, keep that in mind.

Overall this place is a tad overpriced for what you get. The beach and water are amazing, the rest is very average at best. We kept in mind we were there for the beach and water, the rest as far as food and dining were just a supplement to the stay. If we were traveling for five star dining, this place wouldn't even be on the radar, but that is okay, it's not claiming to be. I would suggest the owners put their staff through some training on how to be more accommodating and seem less miserable while on the job. Getting that up to speed and refreshing the grounds a bit and this place would be on it's way to a very great resort.

Room Tip: Building 6 is noisy near main dining, best is probably beachfront buildings on the northern side away from main dining.
9  Thank KarMatPHX
Abraham I, Owner at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear KarMatPHX,

Thank you for staying at Couples Negril and sharing your feedback. It was disappointing to hear that you had a mixed experience at this resort. Your comments have prompted us to revisit and improve certain areas. Couples Resorts apologizes for any inconvenience during your stay and will use this insight in our continuous goal of exceeding guests’ expectations.

In regards to an additional 20% fee on retail items, there is none for the guest, all taxes and fees have been incorporated into displayed prices.

Couples Resorts is glad you enjoyed some aspects of your vacation. We hope to see you again in the future.

Regards,