“Great for Couples but need a singles resort!!!!”
Review of Couples Negril

Couples Negril
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I must say the reviews I read had me very afraid to stay at this resort! My experience was amazing 1. The staff was beyond friendly 2. I was a little reserved because it was a coulees resort n a group of 10 came single for out friend wedding and we still enjoyed ourselves! 3. The water sport that where included was awesome never in a million years would I thought I would go diving, snorkeling wind sailing and kayaking in 3 days and it was Eveything!!! The caterman cruise was ok but the excursion in to the cave n see bats and the locals cliff dive was nice. 4 food was very good! The Asia restaurant was my least favorite but the food was still good! 5. I encourage everyone to experience the nude beach hey you on vacation. True story a nudist photo bomb my friend wedding pic lol!!! Heads up the resort do not have bottle water but the gift shop sells them for $2 for 1 liter. Bring a coffee mug because your bartender will fill it up and you can also fill it up w they fruit infused water. Have $100 set aside as your room deposit vs credit card cause the put a $300 hold on it. Bring money for pictures because any activity you do they will photograph you. Some of the staff went above n beyond great service and as topping is not allowed I would bring envelops to place money in and hand it to them. I had an great time and coming back even if I'm single!

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank danny121482
There are newer reviews for Couples Negril

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The positives about Couples Negril: It's about 1.5 hours from MBJ, nestled between a lovely beach and lush, well-manicured gardens. The staff were genuine, helpful and friendly, but not overly so, which I appreciated. They were welcoming and professional--just what I would expect from a resort for adults only. The resort was just the right size for our five-day stay. It isn't so large that you have to walk forever to have a meal or play at the beach and not so small that it ever felt crowded. There are tons of included activities like snorkeling, glass bottom boat tour (not a must, but it is included), wind surfing, paddle boarding, catamaran cruises, lots of fitness classes, and a fitness center, etc. You can do as much or a little as you want. The food was good and their were tons of choices at the main restaurant--there's something for everyone (that means you too my vegan & vegetarian friends). Don't miss the entertainment; real signers and musicians making real music--no cheesy MJ impersonator moonwalking across the stage while you're trying to enjoy a romantic dinner. Now the areas where Couples Negril needs to put in the extra work: Our room was clean but dated. It lacked the modern caribbean feel that we were anticipating based on pictures and reviews. In general, the buildings on the property looked better in photos than in person. Appears to need some TLC. The other area is "attention to detail" which (for me) is what makes the difference between a "very good" stay and an "excellent" stay. The turn-down, room cleaning, and mini bar restocking services were slow and at times we had to call to get some things taken care of. The pros outweigh the cons and I'd consider going back.

Room Tip: An ocean view room is definitely a treat that you'll pay extra for, but you'll get spectacul...
4  Thank ade318
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I just returned from Couples Negril and it was an amazing trip. We stayed 6 days and wish we could have stayed longer. Everything was above our expectations from the clean rooms to the friendly staff. This was our 5th stay at an All-Inclusive resort but our first at Couples and it was by far the best. The watersports team was awesome always having the equipment clean and ready to use, the food was amazing at every restaurant, and the bars were first class! Thank you Couples for an amazing vacation!!!!!

5  Thank bigash77
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this resort for our honeymoon. It was our first time in Jamacia. It was amazing!!!!! The rooms were so clean and beautiful, the views were unreal. The staff to so great we were treated like royalty and waited on hand and foot. There were great activities and entertainment. We will definitely be back!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are amazing
1  Thank Robyn K
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Was here June 2014 and couples negril needs upgrading. Rooms are run down with wear everywhere, bed was like sleeping on boards. Wife didn't like the food they offered where I was ok with that part. Their liquor was VERY low grade, you could drink all day with no effect. Beach was nice and pool was nice. Staff was not as friendly as they say, we even seen one walked off for being rude. We kept losing electricity almost every nite. And far as shopping nearby forget it. Would not go here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary L
Abraham I, Owner at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Gary L,

Thank you for choosing Couples Negril. Sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. A full room renovation is in progress. All of your other comments are being reviewed by management.

Regards,
Abraham Issa

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We booked our vacation through Apple Vacations and spent the week at Couples, Negril from May 3rd through May 10th. It was our first trip to Jamaica and it was paradise. We have traveled to DR 4 times and didn't think we ever could find another place we enjoyed as much as DR. Now our hearts are in Jamaica for many reasons. We really enjoyed the staff which include: Mr. No Problem (Andone), Kerry-Ann, Melisa, Kenton (which is a fantastic artist), Theodore (our personal photographer and we loved our chats) Our spa ladies--Cher, Dorene and Lacian--amazing, make sure you have spa treatments, Bubblicious, Aaron (who raked the sand daily) and so many more...they truely made our trip! We met many couples over the week and really connected with Ricci and Marilyn (from Scotland, which we hope one day to visit their country), Dave and Kelly from Kansas City (which we have not connected since we are home and hope one day to re-connect) and Dave and Lori from NY....We hope to return to Couples in 2016..counting the days! Thank you Couples for having clean rooms, awesome food (miss the jerk chicken daily), perfect beach, delightful staff (made all couples feel like family), delightful drinks and amazing new friendships.
The beach is beautiful and no having to be there by 7:00 am to reserve chairs, which we greatly appreciated. Entertainment was good (esp. the SilverBirds..don't miss their show).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PaEyetech
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just came back after a fantastic week here. This was my 1st time here, 2nd time at a Couples resort. (We stayed in Sans Souci in December 2012). So my thoughts, pros and cons, comparisons to Sans Souci:

Pros:
First and foremost the staff----they are warm, welcoming, friendly and take a genuine interest in your visit. The food is really good. I was there for a full week and didn't get sick of it like I have in other all inclusives. The drinks are strong and they have name brands too, not just bar brands. I had some of the best and strongest Tanqueray and tonics at the pool bar. The beach is really nice, sandy, clean; the water was warm and blue. They offer a lot of water sports for free. Usually the motorized sports are extra at these resorts, but here they're included. We did the snorkeling trip (it was OK, not that much to see though we did spot a moray eel and a stingray) and the sunset catamaran to the caves which was a lot of fun. A fellow guest was marvelling that he'd gone scuba diving 8 times already, all included. They do a fantastic job of having different activities each day. One night the entire buffet was brought to the beach and it was a beautiful way to dine with a live raggae band. Another night they had a singer and a bonfire on the beach. We watched the whole thing from a hammock and it was a wonderful experience. Sunset champagne on the beach was very nice too and a wonderful way to end the day. Everyone was out there taking pictures of themselves and each other with a champagne flute in hand.

Cons:
Not many but a few worth mentioning. I really miss the water bottles. The resort is earth friendly and I understand the conservation, but I like having a water bottle in the room at night just in case I wake up thirsty. I ended up buying an insulated cup and always had that filled from the water from all the fountains throughout the property. The water fountain in the gym doesn't work and they have a nasty neon yellow sports drink in the dispenser. The nude beach is way too exposed. The main beach is public so you do have locals selling their wares or offering to sing for you, but they were never aggressive or nasty if you said no.

Comparison between Negril and Sans Souci:
SS is more unique of a property and is tucked away. There are a lot of little hideways throughout the resort and their beach isn't accessible by anyone else. Negril is on a nicer beach, but it's open to people walking by from other resorts or anyone looking to sell you something. The nude beach at SS was really out of the way and much more of a fun scene. There was virtually no one at Negril's, possibly because of total lack of privacy. The adjacent resort's guard was standing there the whole time along with cigarette vendors and the parasailing guy walking by. SS's room terraces were more private due to the hillside setting and all the foliage. If you wanted to have breakfast in your nightgown on the terrace in Negril, everyone could see you.

Overall, I really liked Negril and would recommend it to anyone. But I loved Sans Souci and would go back there again.

Room Tip: It's a small resort so you're never far from the beach. Our rooms were in the 4 block, close...
8  Thank BacchusBoo