“Awesome vacation that I will never forget”
Review of Couples Negril

Couples Negril
Ranked #8 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Montreal, Canada
“Awesome vacation that I will never forget”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We vacationed at Couples Negril from July 1-. 2012. I still dream about this place!
We were greeted with a cold towel and champagne when we were checked in and then we were quickly escorted to our room. It was a Garden View room on the 2nd floor with a view of the spa. It was clean and spacious with a fully stocked minibar. We loved the small size of the resort and that everything was in close proximity.

The choices for dining were plentiful with a vast amount of choices in the Cassava Buffet Restaurant. The a la carte restaurants were excellent. We tried them all and even ate twice at Lychee. The food at this resort was the best of any resort or cruise I have been to.

Couples Negril is a beautiful resort. There were local vendors selling their crafts. On the beach there was a guy who sang and played guitar. He was very good and I looked forward to seeing him. The beach was spectacular. It was warm, clean and calm. We enjoyed floating on the floats and we spent all of our time on the beach. We rarely used the pool. We never found it hard to find loungers. I was also able to get wifi at the beach which was great. We did encounter rain showers in the afternoons but they didn't last long. One afternoon I took advantage of the spa when it rained. We stayed on the beach until sunset every day which was awesome. Everyday we walked the beach in both directions and must say that the CN beach area seemed to be the best of all the surrounding hotels.We used the red flag system for drinks a few times and loved this service.

We also took advantage of the catamaran cruise, the glass bottom boat cruise, snorkeling and the in town shuttle for shopping.

The hotel offered great service, friendly staff, and awesome food! It was a vacation to remember!

Room Tip: All rooms are in good proximity of amenities since the resort is small.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank ellieb66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,039)
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have just returned from Couples Negril, and what can I say ........ This was our first time at couples and it will not be our last!! From the people to the service the overall experience was amazing!! We had a great time meeting new friends as well!! Ty !!!! Will never forget you "mon" looking forward to meeting up with you guys again on a future vacation!! Remember your Bob Marley Box!!!! The overall resort was beautiful, and although some of the rooms are a little dated ares was great and very clean. They have recognized this and they have already refurbished a number of the buildings and are working on updating the rest. This was very encouraging to us!! The beach was beautiful and water was amazing!!! Every day was just another day in paradise!! Hoping to meet up with the rest of the people we met in the future!!! Will be back in January!!!

2 Thank Cowboy C
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Arriving at Couples, Negril, after a 9.5 hour flight and a transfer from Montego Bay through a rain storm, initially does not fill you with a sense that you have arrived in Paradise. How wrong you are. From the time that your suitcases are off-loaded in Main Reception and you are drinking your first glass of champagne, through to your departure at the same Main Reception, Couples, Negril, caters for all your needs, especially if your intention is to chill, but to chill with great facilities.

My wife and myself work full-time and booked our annual break especially at Couples, to get away from the usual Kiddies Disco and the usual kids entertainments that are associated with holidays these days. The accommodation was good (block 2, garden view) and had everything within, that you would need for a holiday, as well as being extremely comfortable and clean.

Facilities at hand along with things you could do, varied from an excellent gymnasium through to a very professional water-sports amenity that is PADDI accredited and well stocked with good equipment.

However, whilst we found the Hotel to be excellent along with the Facilities, no queues or long waiting at bars and Restaurants, these were not the main points of praise that made our holiday memorable. This accolade must be levied to the Couples STAFF. My wife and I are seasoned travellers and from all our visits and time living outside of the UK, we were really impressed with all STAFF, irrespective if they were Main Reception, Catering, Bar, Water-sports, Cleaners or even Operations Management.

Nothing was of to much trouble, everyone was pleasant, you are treated with respect and all STAFF are extremely well presented (considering the high humidity and ambient temperatures, this is quite an achievement).

We completed our holiday and know, that we will return to Couples, Negril. At the time we were at the Hotel, the Operations Manager was acting as General Manager (GM was on vacation). My wife and myself must compliment David on doing a fantastic job.

Pete and Lucy

7 Thank LucyT144
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We just returned from Couples a week ago! This place is amazing! We loved the beach,pool there was always lounge chairs at both places. I loved all the evening activities except the beach party was rained out. Our room was very nice we were in building 9. The staff was amazing! We are already planning our return for next year!! Although I really liked our room I would love to stay in building 8 next year.

4 Thank Nelisa H
Albany, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Our second trip to Couples Negril was as great as the first. The all inclusive resort at Bloody Bay, has spacious rooms that are cool and very clean. Towel swans/fresh flowers decorating our room set the romantic mood. Mini fridges are filled daily w any beverage request including full bottles of top shelf liquor. Activities/sports/classes are abundant and can be signed up for 24 hrs in advance although most can be done as available. Gorgeous beach, pool/2 hot tubs. Local golf is free, Ping and lower clubs can be rented w caddie or cart. Wear sneakers but bring tees/balls. 4 places to eat. 1 very fancy/romantic and reservations required. The others you can go to anytime for any meal/grill 24 hrs. Menus posted. Food is abundant, lots if variety and delicious! Spa facilities tranquil and extra. Returning club members earn free spa services. Free transport to and from airport, shops, golf. So much more but the best part is the relaxing atmosphere This isn't one of those places with lots if rules, except you come as a couple. Will return for another vacation here soon.

Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Mary Pat R
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I must say the reviews I read had me very afraid to stay at this resort! My experience was amazing 1. The staff was beyond friendly 2. I was a little reserved because it was a coulees resort n a group of 10 came single for out friend wedding and we still enjoyed ourselves! 3. The water sport that where included was awesome never in a million years would I thought I would go diving, snorkeling wind sailing and kayaking in 3 days and it was Eveything!!! The caterman cruise was ok but the excursion in to the cave n see bats and the locals cliff dive was nice. 4 food was very good! The Asia restaurant was my least favorite but the food was still good! 5. I encourage everyone to experience the nude beach hey you on vacation. True story a nudist photo bomb my friend wedding pic lol!!! Heads up the resort do not have bottle water but the gift shop sells them for $2 for 1 liter. Bring a coffee mug because your bartender will fill it up and you can also fill it up w they fruit infused water. Have $100 set aside as your room deposit vs credit card cause the put a $300 hold on it. Bring money for pictures because any activity you do they will photograph you. Some of the staff went above n beyond great service and as topping is not allowed I would bring envelops to place money in and hand it to them. I had an great time and coming back even if I'm single!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank danny121482
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The positives about Couples Negril: It's about 1.5 hours from MBJ, nestled between a lovely beach and lush, well-manicured gardens. The staff were genuine, helpful and friendly, but not overly so, which I appreciated. They were welcoming and professional--just what I would expect from a resort for adults only. The resort was just the right size for our five-day stay. It isn't so large that you have to walk forever to have a meal or play at the beach and not so small that it ever felt crowded. There are tons of included activities like snorkeling, glass bottom boat tour (not a must, but it is included), wind surfing, paddle boarding, catamaran cruises, lots of fitness classes, and a fitness center, etc. You can do as much or a little as you want. The food was good and their were tons of choices at the main restaurant--there's something for everyone (that means you too my vegan & vegetarian friends). Don't miss the entertainment; real signers and musicians making real music--no cheesy MJ impersonator moonwalking across the stage while you're trying to enjoy a romantic dinner. Now the areas where Couples Negril needs to put in the extra work: Our room was clean but dated. It lacked the modern caribbean feel that we were anticipating based on pictures and reviews. In general, the buildings on the property looked better in photos than in person. Appears to need some TLC. The other area is "attention to detail" which (for me) is what makes the difference between a "very good" stay and an "excellent" stay. The turn-down, room cleaning, and mini bar restocking services were slow and at times we had to call to get some things taken care of. The pros outweigh the cons and I'd consider going back.

Room Tip: An ocean view room is definitely a treat that you'll pay extra for, but you'll get spectacul...
4 Thank ade318