“Great Wedding and Honeymoon”
Review of Couples Negril

Couples Negril
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We got married her and honeymooned here and we loved it. Have stayed other places since then and nothing compares. The rooms are not that fancy but we werent in our room that much anyway. We loves the food, the watersports, the pool, the beach, but what made out trip truely special was the staff. They were so nice. The included activites were awsome, you would pay so much for diving, catamaran, snorkeling, and glass bottom boat, at other places. We really loved couples negril and cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
chitownshandi, Director of Sales and Marketing at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2010

Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Negril. We are thrilled and honored that you chose CNG for your wedding and honeymoon and repeat stays. Now from what I can tell your last stay was Dec 2008. We miss you! Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again SOON!
Andi Conway, Director of Sales and Marketing, Couples Resorts.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

We loved Couples Negril. We stayed there Jan18-15. Part of the trip the resort was 60% occupancy and the rest of the time they said it was 95% occupancy. There was not much difference in the service or the feel of the resort with the change in occupancy. We have stayed at many adult all inclusives over the years. Overall we felt it was a great resort and would return. There were more pros than cons to us.
The cons: The ride from the airport. They are doing construction and this makes for a longer ride than 5 years ago. Also they arrange for transportation back to the airport 5-6 hours before your flight. We did very little off this resort during our stay since we had been to Jamaica 7 times, so we decided to take the Tim Air flight back for an adventure. The flight is only 20 min long and so we left 2.5 hours before our flight. This way we had more time on the beach. I would do this again. Other cons: The pool area needs painting and several areas of the resort could use a good powerwashing. I know they talk about the acid wash painting but if you look around the paint is cracked, mildewed and generally the public areas could use an update. The buildings with the rooms are in good shape.
Pros: There are many great things about the resort. The food was superior to other all inclusives. The variety and quality was great. I especially enjoyed the deserts. Even the steak in the Otaheite was good(I'm from K.C). There was no getting up early to make reservations. We were there 1 week and were able to get reservations to Otaheite twice(we did make them 2 days in advance). They really have the restaurant situation figured out. We had no problem getting seated at the other restaurants at 7-7:30 every night. The Lychee restaurant was very good also. They have a self-serve soft icecream machine and I had icecream every day at the grill for desert(I am working off the calories now). We ended each day at the swimup bar. There was always a fun crowd there. It was nice that they had service there til 7:00pm. Be sure to try a Bob Marley.
Some of the staff were especially nice and others were just doing their job. We found this with other trips to Jamaica. Actually the staff overall was much better than other trips to Jamaica.
I loved the setup of the resort. There was never a long walk to anything. The resort also had a lot of lush vegetation and mature trees. It felt tropical. We felt the rooms were fine. The beds were large and comfortable. I did have trouble with the bathtub stopper and I called and it was never fixed(maybe unfixable).
The beach is the best!! We came back to the area because of the beach. It is wide, soft and has plenty of chairs. The water of Bloody Bay was typical with calm days(like a lake) and also had small wave days. The water is beautiful blue and no seaweed. Also saw some pretty sunsets although this time of year they are over a small strip of land rather than the ocean like other times of the year. Also we like to walk the beach every morning. It was a nice 45 min walk to the Riu and back.
The extra trips were a nice added touch. My husband did the scuba and said the equipment was good and the staff professional. I enjoyed the fun commentary on the glass bottom boat. The men made it more than just a glass bottom boat ride. We went by the 7 mile beach and felt like we had been on an excursion. We also did the Catamaran trip but it rained so it was cold and wet(not much fun). Of course it would have been a whole other experience if the weather had cooperated.
Overall we loved the resort and the pros outweighed the small issues. Besides, how can you not have fun in 84 degree, sunny weather in January.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LindaofKC
chitownshandi, Director of Sales and Marketing at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2010

Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Negril. We are thrilled you enjoyed your vacation. It reads that you took advantage of all the amazing inclusions that make Couples Resorts different from other all inclusives. I have also been to the types of all inclusives that you get up early to wait in a line to make dinner reservations for the same night - argh. Not the way I want to spend my free time either. Thanks for pointing that out and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

We took the plunge on my sister-in-law's recommendation. Our brief stay was early February 2010 over Valentine's Day and what a great time we had. Hope this review will be helpful to those looking for an all-inclusive like we were doing several months ago.
THEME OF THE WEEK: "No Worries Mon" (NWM)
AIRPORT: Smooth-running, but be prepared to walk a bit upon arrival. Complete all sections (A,B, and C) of your immigration/duty card given to you on the flight - if not, you will get hung up. Hint: if you have prescription narcotics - don't need to "claim" that you have them. You will stop at three "stations" before getting luggage - about 20 minutes depending on the crowd. Staff in "red caps" will bring your luggage to the Couples lounge - tip them. Your luggage will be tagged and taken care of as you wait in the Couples Lounge for other guests to gather and to catch the shuttle. There is a restroom in the Lounge to change if needed. Start your NWM attitude in the lounge and catch a soda, water, or Red Stripe while you wait. We only waited about 15 minutes at most before heading to the resort.
THE DRIVE: There was road construction in the beginning, but he drivers are skilled. Admittedly the drive is a little "crazy" compared to the orderly, proper, speed-limiting driving in the US. Just buckle up and hang on! The drive is through several small cities/villages so you will get to see the Jamaican life-style on multiple levels. The length of time ranges from 1:15-1:30 depending on traffic. Our driver added commentary on sites along the way - that was an added bonus. We tipped him!
ENTERING THE RESORT: We were immediately greeted by the friendly staff. Being a "newby" you will get looks of envy from those already there winding-down their stay or those waiting for their shuttle back to the airport. You will become one of them - trust me! And yes, you are offered a cool towel and a glass of champagne to enhance the NWM attitude you started earlier! We had a brief orientation (15 min max) then our luggage was brought to our room. They know you are anxious to get settled. There are 2 orientations offered every day if you are interested.
THE ROOM: We upgraded to the "ocean-view" which we feel was worth it! We were on the second level, in building #7 over-looking a beautiful garden/pond/Gazebo with the beach/ocean in the background. It was really great! I think the 3rd level would be even better. Each unit has a veranda with a table and two comfortable chairs - we were out there every morning and evening before retiring to bed. The room was adorable, decorated in a very "Island theme". The chest of drawers are woven basket-like - I think there were 5 - plenty for us. The rooms have a stocked refrigerator/small freezer with ice cube tray (make ice right away with the bottled water in the fridge), ironing board, iron, television, clock/radio/iPod Deck, cork screw, glasses, remote to control air conditioning, and a safe. Yes, I agree the rooms a bit "dated" but were clean. We really only slept there - we just were not in it that much.
THE RESORT: Incredible! Beautiful! The pool is great - two hot tubs on each end. Lots of chairs in sun and shade. Surrounded by palms so you can get shade when needed. Multiple areas to get drinks - swim up bar is awesome. The pool is clean and refreshing. The fitness room is great, 4 treadmills, elipticals, bikes, weight machines, free-weights, stability balls, and staffed. We used it every day - sorry to say not many users ,but good for us - we didn't wait for any machines! Shot a game of pool which we haven't done since college! Some played ping pong. Shops sell clothing, t shirts, CDs, flip flops, hats, and of course the best coffee in the world! Also a shop that sells sunscreen, and other ammenities you may have forgetten. Lots of activities, but they dont push it - we did Casino Night - that was a blast - met some fun people. The live music is great- good talent and good variety.
FOOD: We could not get over how good the food was. The variety and quality at the main buffet was above and beyond. You could eat burgers and fries all week if you wanted to or sample dishes you never had before (we did this). The restaurants offered great food as well. This being our first all-inclusive we were grateful for never having to waste time thinking about were to eat, getting ready to go out to eat and spending money on food and drinks. This for sure the way to go! The wait staff is excellent, attentive, conscientious, friendly.
THE BEACH: The best! Plenty of chairs - we really never had a problem getting a chair in a good location. Couples' beach is probably about 1/4 mile long - it's clean, the water is clear and refreshing. No pebbles - all sand! The nude beach is discreet, but be aware ladies do sun topless on the beach, pretty much everywhere. Lather up plenty with sunscreen - we were very conscientious and still got burned! Be sure to use lipbalm with suncreen - I thought mine had sunscreen and it didn't - I have blisters - arrrgghhh! Use the chair cushions to float in the water - it is so relaxing! On a windy day we used the boogie boards and had a blast in the big waves! You can walk forever down the beach. Be prepared to be offered weed - you don't feel too pressuredto buy from vendors - say "no thanks" and they leave you alone. If you do buy - be prepared to bargain - I bought two bandanas - the seller first stated $25 for two - Outrageous! I told him - he then asked what i wanted to pay - so as you look - think about what you are willing to pay. We did not buy coffee - I wasn't sure it was the quality I was looking for. I bought my coffee in the resort shop. Some days they have 15% off on coffee and tshirts.
EXCURSIONS: We only went to Ricks Cafe. Time is 4-7pm. It cost $15 per person to shuttle over there - about 15-20 minutes - the beer is about $4-5 and we had a $7 appetizer. The cliff divers are daring for sure and it is fun to watch people jump off the cliff. 2 hours is PLENTY of time - we think one hour would be enough. Staff on site are available to inform you and set up other excursions. We are just beach bums - not so much excursion people.
FINAL PEARLS:
- We ordered breakfast room service and had coffee and a variety bakery (croissant, sweet roll, banana bread) every morning and sat on the veranda - this was THE BEST!
- Bring a lot of sunscreen and use it! We sunned from 10-noon - then shade from 1-4 and still got burned - be aware and re-apply, re-apply!
- Order wine and spirits for your room the first day - we had a cocktail in our room on the veranda watching the sun set every evening before dinner - very special time for us as we go into the evening. Both red and white wines were good.
- The beach at night is great. Review the constellations - the stars are so brilliant from the beach.
- If you want to dine in the "fine" restaurant, there is a dress code. Men - slacks and collared shirt, ladies dress, or slacks. We did not bring this attire so we didn't dine there. We ate at all other restaurants and they were fabulous
- This is a great time to give your marriage, relationship, whatever a boost. If this is what you are looking for - it can happen! We spent all our time together - a rarity in our busy work-lives. We discovered how much we need to nuture our marriage and do more together like we did during our time at Couples!
- We are already talking about our return. We think Valentine's Day Week is perfect for us!

9  Thank shwanee

Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Negril. In one word - YES! I wish I had a poster for your review, I would show it to everyone that asks me - what are Couples Resorts like? I am so impressed that you were not afraid to say it to the million of tripadvisor reviews. This is exactly what we hope for all our guests. It can be so much more than a room with food and beverage. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

The bad news? We had to leave.

This was our second trip to Couples Negril after visiting last year at the same time. This was the first time we ever returned to the same resort and extended our trip to 10 days from 7 days on the prior trip.

It was great - this time we became the mentor's to other "first time" visitors. Knowing what activities to do, restaurants to book on what nights, etc.

Here is what we told them.

Book Otaheiti as soon as you can - you will love it. Make sure you have appropriate attire.

Snorkle - its great - book the 9:30AM trip the day before.

Try the learn to Scuba - its fun and free!

Try sailing - we learned in 10 minutes.

Walk to beach - yes its safe - and the local vendors to the left are fun to talk to!

Save Thursday for the beach party with real Jamaican food!

Eat Jerk Chicken at the beach grill - we did every day!

Try all the other options for food - they are all great.

Say hello to other couples - we met a lot of great people from around the world. Everyone is friendly.

Say hello to the staff at Couples - they will become your friends before you leave.

Try not to cry when they tell you its time to leave.

By the way - they are running a really great special - you get discounted rooms, upgrades and $500 resort credit if you book before April 15th for 7 days or more. The spa is excellent and my wife had several massages.

If you have any other questions feel free to email me.

2  Thank sandpspry
Reviewed 15 February 2010

We visited Couples Negril from January 30th and returned way to soon on Feb.6th, 2010. There were eight in our group ranging in ages from 45-55 ish. We decided on Couples Negril because the majority of the group wanted unlimited Golf. Hubby and I were not so much Golf nuts but beach people and wanted to try the scuba diving and the other activities that Couples included .
BEACH AND ACTIVITIES, Couples Negril has the best beach that we have been to so far. I always thought Varadero had a great beach, but now my vote is for Bloody Bay. The beach sand is power soft and the water is crystal clear. The water has a nice gradual slope to about chest height. There are no rocks or coral just soft sand bottom so no need for water shoes. We never had a problem getting loungers at the beach or at the pool. At the beach there is lots of mature Shade trees. The pool not so much shade until in the late afternoon. The best thing about the chairs is the seat cushions also doubles as floats for the water. My Husband did the introduction to Scuba Diving. He is now hooked! We have been at other resorts which give you an intro lesson in the pool then charge you if you want to go out in the deep water. Not here, they had in-class lesson, pool lessons then all who "Passed" went out for a 1/2 hour dive in about 30"- 40" feet of water. He said it was just like you see on TV floating through the coral and seeing tons of little fish of all colors. A few of us tried the Hobey cat's, that was a blast. There was no problem to get sea kayaks, paddle boats or the Hobey Cats. My husband also did the watersking. There are tons of stuff to do....If you want to, if not, do what I did, mostly lay out and read a book. Our group went out on the Catamaran sunset cruise, it was a ton of fun. We sailed to some caves, I can not believe I actually jumped in and swam in and around two of the caves. The best part was the sunset, I have never seen so many beautiful sunsets every night. We did not go out on the glass bottom boat. The GOLF according to our friends was HOT and as they said "just OK" If you are not use to the heat, you definitely need a cart. They said it was adequate and satisfied their golfing requirements. They did say they would have liked another choice, they played there 3 times.
FOOD, We all agree that the quality of food here is top notch, there is a wide variety of fresh fruits and veggies and had some of the best tasting beef prepared perfectly to your request. If you like bread then you will think you are in heaven here. My favorite restaurant was the fine dining. We ate there 2 nights including Lobster night. The lobster was very good,as was the service. We were seated at the big round table in the centre of the restaurant under the domed roof. You have to ask to sit there. There is an unusual effect that makes the person setting directly across from you sound like they are talking inside your head. Quite the neat sound affect. All the wait staff were attentive and polite.
ROOMS, Yes they are dated in the decor and had limited style. The rooms in my opinion is the only thing that needs improvement. The rooms were cleaned everyday, the linens were fresh and felt like new. We had ample towels, hot water and air conditioning. We did not spend much time in our rooms so no big deal. According to the management staff we were at 95% capacity however at times, we felt like we were the only ones there. This is a nice quiet resort and you never feel crowded.

I hope this review helps you to decide if Couples Negril is right for your vacation. It sure was for us, next year we are planning on taking two weeks. We have no doubt in our minds where we will be, we are now officially hooked on Couples Negril.

8  Thank sunseeker1963
chitownshandi, Director of Sales and Marketing at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2010

Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Negril. We are thrilled you and your group choose CNG. Sounds like everyone had a great time with the amazing inclusions we offer. Your pictures are fabulous, especially the sunsets, wow. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
Andi Conway
Director of Sales and Marketing, Couples Resorts

Reviewed 15 February 2010

We honeymooned here and went back for our five year anniversary. The entire experience was 5 Star, A+. We will always give the highest of ratings to Couples Resort.

Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Honeymooner714

Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Negril. We are thrilled and honored that you came back to celebrate your first 5 years together. I can't think of a better way to reconnect. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2010

We had the pleasure of spending Jan 31 to Feb 7, 2010 at Couples Negril and had a lovely time. There is truly nothing unpleasant or negative to report about our stay there. We have a few observations about our stay on the following topics:

Cost
Resort Nightlife
Staff
Guests

Cost
The price of staying at Couples Negril seemed to be more than what was charged for other resorts in the same class. Because many people can now easily compare resorts & prices, make selections, and finally book & pay for holidays in advance over the internet, price is often an issue. People feel 'the pain' of comparative cost long before they feel the pleasure of the holiday. So when booking, they may illogically base their ultimate choice on only a few dollars difference. The Couples chain needs to bear that in mind and be cautious about being positioned too high on the price scale. That being said, the value of a Couples holiday is quite good for the price they currently charge.

Cuisine
We have had only a small amount of experience with all-inclusive resorts in the past. The negative thing that seems to frequently stand out in our minds is the food. Understandably, food is probably the single biggest expense that an all-inclusive resort has to contend with. The price of food, combined with the fact that guests can consume as much as they wish, often compels resort administrations to do what they can to minimize this expense thereby maximizing profits. The outcome of these efforts often leads to menu choices that are inferior and have little real variety. One resort we stayed at in Mexico a while back featured buffet-style cuisine that all seemed to taste like it had been deep-fried in the same frier. There was a certain common blandness to everything we had. The dairy didn't taste 100% right, and the fresh fruit and vegetables were decent but worrisome because of concerns about the origin of the water used to wash them.

At Couples Negril, we had none of these concerns. The food was fantastic. No short-cuts seem to have been taken with cuisine. They even offered tours of the kitchen on the one of the days. I was surprised to have some of the best Thai food I've ever had at this all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. The other restaurants, of which there are 4 or 5, were also very good. The main dining area, Cassava Terrace, frequently had buffet-style cuisine. But it was in no way inferior to the other 'high-end' restaurants on the property. My wife is rather picky about breakfast, especially egg dishes such as omelets. All breakfast foods were excellent and fresh-tasting. Many nutritious choices along with more decadent ones. We missed the lobster night, which is reportedly a big highlight. But because the alternates were also so good, we did not feel like we had missed anything.

I would encourage Couples to continue to focus on maintaining this level of quality in the future. Guests are very influenced by food quality, and a large part of their opinion of any resort will be based on the food experience.

Rooms
The resort is not lavish or ostentatious in its structure and layout by any means. I am often cynical when looking at resorts with fantastically appointed lobbies. Unless the guests will actually be sleeping and spending their entire stay in the lobby, it seems somewhat pointless to feature the lobby as a representation of the entire resort. Couples Negril seems to agree with my view, and have not funneled their budget exclusively to appearance at the expense of guest experience.

The room we had on the second floor of building #6 was adequate and comfortable. There was a small balcony with chairs. A small fridge was stocked daily with whatever we requested. The safe was secure with a combination-style lock. Many reviewers of resorts seem to be very concerned with water pressure in the showers - there were no problems with this in our room at Couples.

One couple that we met on the beach mentioned that their room had a faintly musty smell to it which was solved by periodically burning a scented candle. In hot humid tropical climates where buildings are air-conditioned, it is understandable that condensation will develop indoors. This can lead to odors if left unchecked or infrequently cleaned. Our room did not have an odor of any kind, and the maid was very thorough and accommodating.

We were pleased at the size of the resort. It is not so mammoth that a shuttle is required to traverse the complex. A short walk provides access to all points of the resort. A smaller resort means fewer guests and no over-crowding. One of the staff mentioned to me that they were at 90-95% capacity during our stay. Although the place looked well-populated and full of life, there was no feeling of limitation or competition. There was always an available table for all meals no matter what time we ate. There were always beach chairs available no matter what time we went. There was always a spot at the bar for a good drink.

We would encourage Couples Negril to strive to maintain this balance between capacity and comfort for their guests. This fosters a relaxed attitude in guests and contributes to the 'no worries mon' atmosphere. Nothing wrecks a holiday like having to compete with other guests for amenities. The rat race is what people are trying get away from.

Beach
People come to the Caribbean for the beaches. We generally have the freedom to walk across the beachfront of our and other resorts. So the beach is a feature by which we are able to directly and visually compare resorts.

Couples Negril is situated between the Riu Hotel to the right, and Breezes Grand Negril to the left. Riu is an impressive-looking place. But their beach is somewhat narrow for the number of guests that they entertain. The beach seemed a little crowded and the guests were pushed up close to the water. Breezes was the opposite - very few guests the week we were there. Their beach was wide and spacious, but almost desolate. Only about 10% of their beach was occupied. Perhaps they were renovating or partially shut-down during our week.

Couple's beach was perfect. Lots of life without over-crowding. Sufficient width with plenty of area for sunbathing, walking, and games. Instead of clear-cutting their beach, Couples Negril has left natural tree growth and even planted additional palm trees while we were there. This provides a pleasing mix of sun and shade.

Bloody Bay Beach does not have the degree of traffic that Seven Mile Beach has. There does not seem to be as much vending and uninvited musical performances. Some guests prefer the additional local traffic, some don't. Couples Negril had a non-intrusive amount. We appreciated that. Much of the vending allowed near Couples was actually quite nice. Various crafts and jewelry were available.

I have a feeling that some readers are curious about the nude beach - well, we noticed that Couples Negril does have a nude beach on the left side of the property adjacent to Breezes. The nude area is surrounded by tall hedges and a fence with only the front section open to the beach. They have a dedicated bar, hot-tub, and washroom. There seemed to be about 20-30 people in the nude section during our week, with potential room for about double that. We have never been to a nude beach and thus have nothing to compare it with - but the facilities seemed quite good for those so inclined.

I rather suspect some of the nude bathers did not appreciate the occasional 'gawker' who stared in disbelief. This is not the fault of Couples though. There is a misconception that nudity automatically means pornography. Some people just cannot reconcile themselves to the reality that nudity would be quite common if you took away everyone's clothes. We noticed that there were guards on duty who diligently prevented clothed guests from walking into the nude area. The guards also queried passersby about which hotel they were from. If they were from Couples, they would write down their room number. I assume this is to provide some security for the guests and the resorts.

Activities and Amenities
We enjoyed the glass bottom boat ride, although the coral reefs near the resort are not stunning 'National Geographic' sites. We also enjoyed the catamaran cruise to Negril's old pirate caves. The cruise itself featured primarily music, drinking, and some swimming. It was fun, and provided some of the best sunset photo opportunities we had all week.

There is a free scuba excursion and free sailing. There is also a gym and massage facility. We spoke with guests who thoroughly enjoyed these activities. There are also some town and golf excursions available. One couple who we spoke with enjoyed the free green-fees at the nearby golf course every day. There are numerous low-pressure activities at the resort throughout the day. Anyone who wishes can join in.

Those of us who are parents and wish to stay connected with children back home can make use of the internet room which is open all the time.

Resort Nightlife
We did not see the need to venture off the resort at nighttime. Every night there was a live band. They played decent quality jazz/reggae during dinner at the Terrance dining area. Later, this usually lead into an evening performance featuring a local talent performer. Going to progressive rock live shows is a bit of a hobby of mine (e.g. Nearfest). By comparison, the quality of Couple's shows was not bad at all. They seem to please adult audiences of all tastes without being too bland or generic. That is, if you don't mind a reggae twist on everything.

We enjoyed the dance nights at the piano lounge. They have a decent sound system in there. They played some loud dance music to which one might get one's 'groove on'. (At least I think that's how the cool young cats say it.) We went on two of the three nights available. It was great fun. I would almost suggest that Couples try having some kind of dance thing at the piano lounge every night with a different musical theme. New stuff, old school, reggae, Motown, funk, etc.

There was a beach bonfire one night, a chocolate bar, a beach party, a beach dinner, and some other events that I'm probably forgetting about. Every night was great fun for us.

Staff
The collective staff character seemed to be a 70/30% mix of a) staff who are truly hospitable and have a genuine fondness for guests, and b) staff who carry out their duties with a cool efficiency but display little overt friendliness. I can't complain either way - both types get the job done.

There are two sides to the coin though.

From the guest perspective, there is a delicate subsurface dynamic that needs to be respected - indigenous people in a position of service to affluent white visitors. We are guests and it seems reasonable that we treat our hosts with dignity, kindness, and good cheer. This isn't Walmart; it's another culture of people. How we treat the staff will be reflected in their attitude toward us.

From the resort perspective, guests usually quietly make value judgments about an entire facility based on one or two verbal or even non-verbal interactions with staff. Unfortunately, negative interactions sometimes seem to be more memorable and durable. Decent guests who care about the happiness of their hosts (the kind of guests that are probably the most desirable to a resort) will take notice of staff who are aloof, or unfriendly. These non-verbal cues may cause some guests to view the resort with a critical eye and may reduce their level of enjoyment.

It is in Couple's best interests to continue to focus on providing genuine incentives for staff to be genuinely happy. Visitors can almost instinctively sense staff morale and it will influence their over-all opinion.

Guests
Obviously, all guests that we saw were probably couples. This precluded the single frat-boy/party-girl type. I believe there is an age minimum of 18 or 21yrs. So there were also no children. (We missed our kids a lot, but enjoyed the much-needed break from them.)

The formula of couples with no children provides a pleasing mix of fun-but-not-too-wild clientele. This seems to be a winning combination. Couples have a very healthy guest return rate. There is a weekly dinner party for the return guests. The week we were there, 80 people were invited. That's 80 people in one week who have returned to Couples. And they have this party every week. A rather good testimony to the value Couples offers.

Conclusion
If the grandparents offer to watch the kids again in the future, we would go back without hesitation. We may also try Couples San Souci - we hear that resort is quite good too. But once you find a place you really love, you sometimes hesitate to go elsewhere.

Keep it up Couples Negril! You have a good formula. Don't dilute or weaken it for short-term cost reduction. Try to keep your prices stable and your staff smiling. You will continue to find brand strength in your high guest return rate and the viral advertising that that brings.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
16  Thank dsm9901

Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Negril. I really enjoyed reading your review. Not only are your details clear, your use of language is quite enjoyable. This review will be very helpful to new and returning guests and to our internal management staff. I especially appreciated your words regarding staff, culture and manners. Thank you for being brave and honest. At Couples Resorts, we have not let the downturn of economy or competitive pressure decrease the quality or quantity of amenities. There are very important attributes that differentiate all inclusives and you wrote about many of them - food, beverage, activities, entertainment, and facilities. In the end the value to price ratio will always be highest at Couples Resorts. Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
Andi Conway, Director of Sales and Marketing, Couples Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
#6 of 80 in Negril
Couples Sans Souci
Couples Sans Souci
#3 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Couples Negril? Share your experiences!