we stayed at this hotel last May but realised that I had not added a review! We travelled as a party of 11 for a friends wedding which the hotel hosted. The wedding was wonderful and simple - the wedding co-ordinator did a wonderful job. May is the start of the rainy season so most afternoons it did cloud over and throw it down for an hour of so (even on the wedding day!!) but can't say it was ever a problem, we would just get under cover in one of the bars or go back to the room. My boyfriend even enjoyed being in the jacuzzi when it rained??!! The staff are very friendly at this resort and will always chat to you, take some $1 notes as they are FAB for tipping. The trips we went on were YS falls (ok), Dunns River falls and swimming with Dolphins (long journey but brilliant) and the rum factory (also brilliant). The food was good at this resort, we went to the al a carte most nights because it was the best. I think people need to realise that with all inclusive you're never going to get 5 star quality and piping hot food. But selection-wise, it's more than I would of had at home so no complaints. We had a few lunches over by the beach which was very tasty as it's cooked to order. Bit of a shame about the road separating the resort from the beach but really not a long walk at all. Be careful of wildlife, they all seem to be 10 times bigger abroad! A very large and green land crab appeared in the toilets by the pool one day which scared the absolute life out of me (could'nt use them again the whole holiday!) the rooms were fantastic - such a huge bed and the shower was amazing - you'll see why!! The daybed on the balcony was very relaxing but most of my time was spent in the pool bar ;) The grounds are beautiful and the staff do very well to keep it looking as it does. The gym facilities were basic but the salon and it's staff were very good. Opt for Dwaight when in need of a massage!
Overall the resort is simply beautiful, very intimate and natural. We had to sometimes amuse ourselves which was a shame, a pool table wouldn't go amiss for example. At the time I worked in a travel agent and we managed to get some day passes to the nearby Sandals and Beaches resort. These resorts were on another level compared to Sunset but I think that's all reflected in the price. I absolutely loved Negril and Jamaica on a whole (we're going to Cuba in January and hoping it's just as good!) Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort