If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind romantic getaway, this is the place for you!
Upon check-in, the service is over the top & extremely friendly; the staff makes you feel like a friend staying at their place opposed to just a paying guest. The resort is very cozy, you are only beat away from the pool, lobby & restaurant regardless where your room is on the property. The beach is just a 45 second walk across the street from the front desk & yes, the hotel has their own security personnel on the beach. The rooms are very well appointed the beds super comfortable; however, bring a credit card if you want to use the safe, they require a deposit for the key.
The buffet doesn’t have a very large selection; don’t let this fool you, everything they offer is SUPERB!! The chef’s are magicians at both the buffet & the a la carte. The lobby bar makes the best martinis & they use TOP SHELF LIQUOR at no additional cost (Grey Goose & ice was my regular nightcap)
The food at the beach was also outstanding, I highly recommend the jerk chicken or the red snapper with chutney.
There was never a crowd ANYWHERE, lines were non-existent & there were plenty of pool chairs available any time of the day (both at the pool and the beach)
Book a Spa treatment; wife & I had a couples massage, which I rate 10 stars.
The only issues we had did not directly involve the resort of its staff; vendors at the beach are VERY AGGRESSIVE, you need to tell them NO many times in order for them to leave you alone. ALSO, it seems that every vendor wants to sell you marijuana, again, tell them NO and they will eventually leave you alone.
LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME!!! I love my kids to death; but this is not a resort for kids, they will be bored silly if you bring them here, it’s not fair to them & not fair to the other couples enjoying ‘kid-free’ time.
This resort was the best couples resort I have ever been to (including my honeymoon) & will make it a point to go back every year in early October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort