“Can't wait to go back!”

Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Galloway, NJ
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I went with my husband to SATP from April 7-14. This was my second time, the first being six years ago. It was as relaxing and nice as I remembered it to be. They added a little more cabins since then but everything else was pretty much the same. My husband and I had a great week. We met some wonderful people and we were able to de-stress. We both loved the food, especially bbq night. The ribs were the best we both have ever had! The Lotus Leaf ala-cart restaurant was great. I just wish they would have changed their menu up. I was disappointed the second time we went and the menu was the same as the first. I also wished that someone would have told us about the coffee bar and that they served specialty drinks. I found out on here after I returned home.
The beach was so nice and clean and the water was always the perfect temperature. The pool was great too. On a cloudy day we took advantage of the hot tub and it was perfect, just the right temperature.
On the second night we took a cab (using Garry from Respect Tours) to Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star Resort. Ivan's was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad she told me about it. We had a lovely little table on the cliffs where we had delicious drinks and an appetizer. We watched the sunset there and it was great to be there as opposed to the loud Ivan's. Two days later we took a cab to Margaritville. It was okay. It was located on the 7 mile beach where we ended up taking a long walk. We noticed that the 7 mile beach is not as nice as the Bloody Bay, where SATP is located. We were very glad our resort was located on Bloody Bay. It seems a lot more quieter on Bloody Bay. Also, there were many more people selling on the 7 mile.
My last day there I treated myself to a coffee scrub at the spa. It was so nice! It made my skin very soft and helped a great deal with my cellulite. I highly recommend it!
Overall we had a great time and we can't wait to go back! I'm already looking into returning this coming June with my mother.

5 Thank Tara1979

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2012

very quite resort with no night life. I found the food to be average. Only having 3 restaurants was a down fall. The beach dinning area was a make to order place. This lead to 30 minute lines over lunch hour just to get an average meal. Staff was very friendly and hotel was in good shape. I wouldnt recommend this for anyone under 40 or anyone that wants to party at all.

1 Thank Daryl W
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Sunset at the Palms was the perfect backdrop for our honeymoon. It was extremely relaxing. The property and grounds are absolutely gorgeous. The sunsets are breathtaking, and there's plenty to do. I would absolutely request a room in the 400 or 500's, however. The first two nights, we had a room in the 100's, and it was quite loud (close to the road). Once we were moved, it was much better. The staff was extremely accommodating and courteous. The food was a bit hit or miss... however, there's so much to choose from on the buffet, you're sure to find plenty you'll like. The beach bar lunch grill was excellent ... grilled snapper and jerk chicken on the beach... you can't beat it. Breakfasts were excellent with the best coffee and made-to-order omelets. We booked a sunset catamaran cruise that was a lot of fun and well worth the time and $$. We'd definitely return to this property!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 400 or 500 block, and request a mini fridge.
5 Thank khl21
Boston
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The only bad thing about Sunset at the Palms is having to leave. From the moment you arrive, you are greeted like family and given a cool lavender scented towel and a rum punch. The staff could not do enough to make our stay special: Everton, Carla, Kadian, Octavia, Tafari, Kirk, Chef Ruddy, Opal, '45', Gladstone, Shorty, Curninal, Sifford, Fitroy, Bruce, Tanya, I am sure I am forgetting many other wonderful people. The food is delicious, the rooms tranquil and clean, beautiful furnishings, and the beach is pristine. I love the new coffee bar, the Blue Mountain Cappuchino puts Starbucks to shame! The breakfasts are my favorite meal, although my friend loved the themed night buffets, especially Jamaican night. The Lotus Leaf was extra special - the tuna entree was one of the best meals I have ever tasted. The grounds are stunning and the flowers, birds and tree frogs are magical. I miss you SATP!

Room Tip: We had 709 and 710, away from the road and airport, it was perfect!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank JerseyGirlBoston
Calgary,Alberta
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We arrived close to 9 pm after a 14 hour day of traveling.We were greeted with cold towels and a glass of delicious fruit punch. We had requested a room in the 400 block with a small fridge and we were happy to have both requested filled.

We were shown to our room and then had enough time to make the buffet before it closed at 10 pm.We were greeted with a big smile from Natoya who let us take our time unwinding after a long day.

We were traveling with 6 other family members who all arrived over the next two days.Everyone was happy with their rooms and their locations. We all loved the lush tropical feel of the resort.( I was the one who had picked the resort so I was very happy that everyone loved it ...phew ! )

Our rooms were cleaned daily, sometimes first thing in the morning and other days later in the afternoon.They also had a nightly turn down service along with providing ice and fresh towels. I loved the shower, wished I had one like it at home.

Not one of us made it into the pool all week, we prefered to cross the road and take in the wonderful beach.We had no issues crossing the road, sure you had to wait a minute or two sometimes but it was a chance to say "hello" and chat the guard up.

I was up bright and early most mornings and one day I was greeted by one of the gardener's who opened the gate to the beach for me.It was great to walk with him and chat about his lovely country.

We ate breakfast at the buffet every morning, most lunches at the beach grill ( loved the snapper & mango chutney and jerk chicken.) Our favorite drinks were rum cream, hummingbird, berry berry,jamaican suprize ( ?) and the red stripe beer. I myself fell in love with TING and enjoyed it so much that they ran out of it one day at the beach bar.

We did venture back to the buffet for lunch twice just to change things up a bit and it had a smaller selection than at dinner but it suited us just fine.

We had nightly dinners at the buffet along with a group dinner at the a la carte one night. We were served by Vinroy and had better service that what we get at some of our fine dining restaurants at home. He was polite, attentive and meticulous. We were blown away by his level of service.

We made many new friends over the week. A special shoutout to Natoya,Vinroy, Shemoy, Craig and especially Mr. B ! He checked in with us whenever he saw us and was always happy to hear how happy we were with everything.

We did venture off the resort one evening to go the luminous lagoon.We used Joe Cool Taxi's and Tours and he's a phenominal guy.I had booked him months ago online and we were not disappointed.On the way to the lagoon we stopped at an old fort built in 1703 because he thought it might interest us. He stayed and waited for us while we went out for over an hour on the lagoon tour and then stopped to eat at Scotchies on the way home.Had a yummy meal of jerk pork, jerk chicken and festival and TING -this is where my love affair with TING began :)

We also used his company to take a day trip to YS Falls with all of our family members and our driver was Joe's wife Latoya. One family member rented a car so that they could checkout the island for their stay and Latoya was nice enough to let them follow us for the day. We left at 8;30 am and returned to the resort at 5;30 pm. We had a full day ! On the way to the falls Latoya was nice enough to stop and purchase some peppered shrimp for all of us to try.She stayed with us at all times and was wonderful to spend the day with. We had asked her if we could stop for lunch and she did all the ordering for us. We had some delicious fried chicken, rice & beans, coleslaw and dumplings for lunch. We then made a quick stop to Bamboo Avenue and then headed back to Negril to checkout Rick's Cafe. We then stopped to do some shopping as I was on the hunt for some Banana Rum Cream to bring home. She even brought us to a place where they let us try all the flavors of rum cream :)

Overall we could not have asked for a better week, we will definately be back but for a longer stay next time !

Room Tip: We were in room 401, first block of tree houses next to the pool and nightly entertainment.If you wa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Canadianbride
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 21 April 2012

All my new wife and I wanted was a quiet, relaxing honeymoon after the hectic, stressful wedding week, and that's exactly what we got. The pictures you see of the resort are what you get. The staff is great - we even made a few friends! Shout out to Paul, Ian and Cornelius - ONE LOVE! The food is awesome (buffet for every meal, beach grill for lunch and afternoon snack, and reservation only dinner a few nights a week), and the drinks are even better. The beach is across the street, but the guards are more than welcome to help you get there safely. Sunset at the Palms is a smaller resort, so there are not a ton of people (which was a huge plus for us.) This is not a resort for party people.

4 Thank Huntoftheforest
Waterville, Ohio
Reviewed 20 April 2012

If you are looking for a place that is fancy-smancy this is not the place for you. The atmosphere is tranquil except for the sounds of nature. The one room bungalows allow privacy, have great showers, and provide the bare necessities. The staff is very friendly and attend to your every need. Although you have to cross the road to get to the beach, it is uncrowded and has a private bar and grill. Eating/drinking at the beach is made convenient because of the beach bar and grill owned by SASP. Opal, the main cook, is at your service. Although she has a limited menu she makes the best of it with a great smile and great conversation. My wife and I told her she could be our personal cook whenever she wanted to come to the states. Although there is no need to tip any place on the resort, she surely deserves it. If you plan to do any traveling outside of the resort go with John Wayne tours. It is cheaper and John really takes cares of you.

Room Tip: Bring your own rafts for the ocean and pool, your personal cups for your drinks, and your laptop for...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family