I went with my husband to SATP from April 7-14. This was my second time, the first being six years ago. It was as relaxing and nice as I remembered it to be. They added a little more cabins since then but everything else was pretty much the same. My husband and I had a great week. We met some wonderful people and we were able to de-stress. We both loved the food, especially bbq night. The ribs were the best we both have ever had! The Lotus Leaf ala-cart restaurant was great. I just wish they would have changed their menu up. I was disappointed the second time we went and the menu was the same as the first. I also wished that someone would have told us about the coffee bar and that they served specialty drinks. I found out on here after I returned home.
The beach was so nice and clean and the water was always the perfect temperature. The pool was great too. On a cloudy day we took advantage of the hot tub and it was perfect, just the right temperature.
On the second night we took a cab (using Garry from Respect Tours) to Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star Resort. Ivan's was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad she told me about it. We had a lovely little table on the cliffs where we had delicious drinks and an appetizer. We watched the sunset there and it was great to be there as opposed to the loud Ivan's. Two days later we took a cab to Margaritville. It was okay. It was located on the 7 mile beach where we ended up taking a long walk. We noticed that the 7 mile beach is not as nice as the Bloody Bay, where SATP is located. We were very glad our resort was located on Bloody Bay. It seems a lot more quieter on Bloody Bay. Also, there were many more people selling on the 7 mile.
My last day there I treated myself to a coffee scrub at the spa. It was so nice! It made my skin very soft and helped a great deal with my cellulite. I highly recommend it!
Overall we had a great time and we can't wait to go back! I'm already looking into returning this coming June with my mother.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort