I stayed at Sunset at the Palms for 6 nights in June 2012 as part of a wedding party. It was a great setting for a wedding, and the perfect place for friends and family to relax together and have a fun vacation in a tropical setting. However, if you are looking for nightlife and wanting to meet new people, you might want to stay somewhere else. I can only compare this Jamaica all inclusive to a previous trip to the Iberostar Rose Hall in Montego Bay, and they were very different experiences! This is a relatively small resort, so it did not have the kind of selection of food that was available at the larger resort...not as many fresh juices or as much fresh fruit as I might have wanted, but overall, the food quality was pretty good. In some ways, it was a good thing the spread was more limited, because many of us felt that we had a lot of healthy options and did not completely go overboard (on food, that is). The beach grill had some great options, and occasionally there was something fantastic (the coconut strudel kind of rocked my world!). The chef and kitchen staff especially are very nice, and let me tell you, the head chef really knows how to cook poultry!!!! I did not have a piece of chicken or turkey the whole week that was anything but juicy and perfect.
This is not a beach-front resort, but there is a private beach across the street from the resort, where the beach grill and beach bar are located. Staff by the beach to help you with beach chairs and security, but no wait staff - so unlike the big resorts, you have to actually get up to get your drinks!!! No worries, you could probably use the exercise. The beach "closes" at 7 pm....however the Pool Bar is open until 1 am. This is in direct contrast to the Iberostar, where the pool closed by 7 pm (including pool bar) and the beach was open to guests all night. While I missed being able to go to the beach at night, it was pretty great to be able to party in the pool with friends all night, and they didn't even kick us out of the pool after 1 am when the bar closed! If one wanted to go to the beach at night, it was possible, but not on hotel property.
Overall, this was a great place to stay, and I'd recommend it for families (even with young children), couples and groups of friends who want privacy and/or low-key good times, and people planning weddings and family reunions. One note about weddings: Bargain for EVERYTHING, because it is all negotiable. The one thing that pissed me off was that they charged us for replacement wrist bands after the wedding party cut the bands for the ceremony and wedding photos...which was really annoying, considering that the whole purpose of the trip was for the wedding, and the bride didn't want her wedding party to have tacky resort wrist bands on! They didn't need to nickel and dime us on that one, but they did. Otherwise, the staff was friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travelbag, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort