We stayed at Sunset the first week in April 2013. After travelling to several countries and staying at many resorts, I would have to say that this was, by far, the best experience we have had. Will definitely return again next year.
To begin, the staff make this place a true gem! Everyone was so friendly and eager to help in any way to make your stay the best it can be. We arrived late and they met us off the shuttle with a cold beverage and towel. From that moment on we were given the best service ever experienced. The bartenders, our favorites were Carry, Kurt, and Clive, were funny and personable. The wait staff was quick and would get anything you need. The food was always unbelievably delicious and the chefs never skimped on taste and variety! The girls at the front desk were available from morning to night to help with anything you might need. There was always someone at the gate and the street to help you cross to the beach quickly and safely. The walk to the beach only took a few minutes and was full of beautiful scenery.
I could spend hours talking about Shorty, the gardener, who was responsible for the impeccable grounds on the resort. He was the kindest, sweetest man, and would never hesitate to give us some of his time. We learned a lot from him about the natural vegetation and loved drinking fresh coconut water every day, which is "good for your heart" he told us. Was always a pleasant experience running into him on the paths and learning something new.
In all honesty, I could mention every single person at the resort who, at one time or another, helped to make our stay the best possible experience. But now to get to the resort itself.
Wow! The beach! What a beautiful little slice of heaven! The sand is soft, silky, and white. There was never any trouble getting a lounger in your favourite spot and, the beach guys would always rush to help you get set up. The water was crystal clear, calm, and warm and we spent hours floating around. The beach grill served up some amazing grub for lunch if you got hungry, and the bar was stocked with all your favourite beverages to keep you cool. We would often walk down and browse through the vendors stalls and tried to buy a bit from everyone. The people were very friendly and, of course motivated to sell their goods, but not pushy about it in any way. We bought some adorable hand made rasta beanie hats for the kids from an elderly woman who crocheted them right on the beach. Nice to talk to the people and they were very respectful. We never tried out any water sports, were just too content and lazy, but their is tons to do if that is your thing.
The pool was generally pretty quiet during the day and was always perfectly clean and very inviting. So if you wanted to cool off back at the resort, this was the perfect place to go. We drank dirty bananas at swim up bar every day!
Also went for a couples massage one afternoon. I think the ladies have magic fingers! Wow! My hubby and I both drifted off a bit during the massage. Perfect way to relax even more!
I'm sure I've missed mentioning a million other wonderful things, like the BBQ on the beach on Friday night with a big bonfire, but my message is that this place is truly wonderful. Anyone who complains about too much is obviously high strung and not wanting to enjoy the beauty and peacefulness that this resort provides. If you want to get away from your hectic life and feel pampered in paradise, then this is the place for you!!! Can't wait to come back again next year!!! Thanks to ALL staff at the Sunset for our amazing experience!!! You made some cold Canadians very, very happy!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Travelbag, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort