Sunset at the Palms
US$99
  • Pool
US$212
US$193
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
  • Pool
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
  • Breakfast included
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$148
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$484
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
2,893 results
All reviewslotus leafchef's tablecrossing guardbeach grilllotus restaurantday bedcoffee barshort walk across the streettree house stylejohn wayne toursjerk chickentree frogsa la carte restaurantbloody baypiano mansmall resortbug spray
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This resort was perfect!! Let me say that though this resport was perfect for my husband and I it is not going to be for everyone. It is an hour from the airport so you are quite remote. The rooms have all the modern conviences and nicely decorated and clean. The overall feel of this hotel would be rustic luxury. There is no major night life, there is entertainment every evening on site but if it is not what you are interested in you are out of luck nothing is within a short drive. This location is a place to relax and not enjoy doing not much of anything. We read books we wanted to read and never have time for, we sat on the beach from morning until night, spent a 1/2 at the spa, sat outside (bring bug spray) and again just did not much of anything. The food was good especially for an inclusive buffet. The staff was very helpful and friendly, I only have one thing that I was disappoointed with and that is that the beach closes at 7pm so there are no oppotunities to sit on the beach at night or go for a late night swim. Otherwise i would definately go again.

Room Tip: try and get a location in the back, center, to far back you get to close to the street to forward you are close to the more of the resort with lots of foot traffic and too close on the side will put you to close to the small airport (only operates during the day so it does not disrupt sleep). Rooms in the mid to high 400's where really nice with less foot traffic.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlthomas915
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We just loved Jamaica in general, but probably mostly in part due to staying at the Palms. The amenities are just wonderful, the 3 mile beach location on Bloody Bay was beautiful, the locals are so kind and everything was just great.
We went in the "rainy season" when you get rain every afternoon around 2pm-4pm. Which I loved because it made it much cooler, got rid of some of the bugs and gives you a chance to go do something else and not feel guilty for being away from the beach.

Room Tip: Don't forget to check out the coffee bar - yum!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Laura128
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My wife and I recently spent a week at SATP (7-14 April 2013). This place is by far the friendliest place we have ever frequented. From the moment you arrive, they offer a cold drink and a cold cloth for comfort. We arrived after 2 pm, and after we had our bracelets, the staff made sure we went to the lunch buffet to get something to eat, and then got back to checking us in. I'll try not to repeat everything else others have said. We stayed in "treehouse" 708 which was off the road, but next to the hotel next door. Road noise and aircraft noises were not problems for us. At night, the frogs and insects made a wonderful racket that will lull you to sleep. When the noise changes to birds chirping, you know the sun is up. Room had a king size bed, a desk and chair, two night stands, a bathroom and closet. deck had a small table and two chairs along with a large lounge couch with pillows. Lighting is adequate (but not bright enough to read by). We brought our fitness clothes with us to take advantage of the fitness facilities. A decent set up, bigger than most hotels I've stayed at. Two treadmills, an elliptical, couple of bikes, weight machines, and free weights and benches in the main room with a separate yoga room for floor exercises (mats, steps, and bosu balls provided). Cold water available here if you want to fill up the free bottle provided in each room, however, any of the staff will refill for you.

Let's get to the food. We were a little leery of an all inclusive that only offered a single restaurant alternative to the buffet. Do not despair. The Lotus Leaf is only open 4 nights a week (Tues, Thurs, Sa, and Su). Reservations are made the same day for 6:30 or 8:30 sittings starting at 9 am. Since we arrived on Sunday afternoon, we were not able to make a reservation. However, we poked our heads in at 6:45 and explained to Sifford, the manager that we would like to sample the restaurant's offerings that night. He asked for a couple of minutes, and came back and led us to a table. The cuisine is a blend of Asian fusion and Jamaica ingredients. Service was somewhat slower than we're used to, but we were on vacation and in rush. Our waiter, Damion, took care of us at dinner. The next morning, we showed up for breakfast (after our workout, of course) and Damion was working the breakfast meal as well. Our waiter, Shemoy, always had a smile and asked how we were. The omlette chef, Andrew, was efficient, and friendly. He will cook fresh eggs for you any style. The breakfast buffet had eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, french toast or pancakes, as well as, breads, rolls, pastries, fruit, yogurt, and juice. Since we were on the beach everyday, we never ate the lunch buffet other than our first day. We ate the beach everyday and Opal was the cook there. We had snapper and jerk chicken everyday. They also have burgers, fries, hot dogs, tuna melts, etc. The dinner buffets were theme nights, but not overly so. There is always a fresh cooked in front of you dish being offered, e.g., a choice of pasta with a choice of sauce and ingredients for Italian night. Jerk chicken, jerk pork, turkey, and steak are some of the cooked meats offered during the week. There is always a fish available, as well. Let me just say that the food, while not gourmet, was delicious, and made with fresh ingredients. It was one of the best buffets we ever had at an all inclusive.

There is entertainment every night, from a piano player in the martini bar to a reggae band at the pool. The bartenders at all the bars were excellent, especially (Captain) Kirk, and Kerry. Always a smile, and they will remember your drinks as you sit down. We had the most fun on karaoke night.

I have to mention the coffee bar and the barristas who we made friends with, Cristella and Leonardo (Nardo). I am not a coffee drinker, but my wife usually brings her New Orleans blend (with chicory) with us on almost every trip. We did not have room in the luggage for it on this trip, but she was pleased that the coffee was just as good. After returning from the beach, we would head to the coffee bar and order a couple of cappuccinos. As I raid, I am not a coffee drinker, but I had to admit, there were pretty good.

The beach is wonderful, as others said, lots of chairs, sun, and shade. Everyday we were serenaded by Donovan Lwellen with his guitar and unique voice and whistling ability. One of the best on the beach. We always tipped him for the good time. We wlaked up and down the beach to see mega resorts (Riu and Couples) crowded with people and loud DJs keeping up the entertainment volume. You will not find that at SATP. We bought sun screen and bug spray at the on site store as we only took carry on luggage. A bit on the expensive side, but compared to baggage fees, a worthwhile tradeoff. We did not use the bug spray, so we offered it to a family the morning we left. I saw others on the beach that had been bitten, so I guess we were not on the menu that week.

There were at least 4 weddings scheduled while we were there. The staff got every thing ready for the beach wedding, then moved it to under the bar canopy when it clouded up and threatened rain, and then finally moved it to the main hotel before the downpour. Very flexible. As the song says, don't worry, be happy. We were sorry to see the week at SATP end for us. We opted for bus transport back to the airport, so we had to leave at 8:30 for a 1:30 flight and spend three hours in the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank LAref
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 7 days for a friends wedding. I hade a great experience and the food was amazing. A real delight with authentic Jamaican food!
The staff was very nice, in particular Esroy and Rory are servers, who always made us laugh and made sure the drinks were always good.
The hotel was a perfect place for a quiet wedding retreat, nothing loud or too busy. We liked going out into Negril and experiencing the culture, night life and the numerous excursions that were available.
I recommend this for anybody looking to relax at the hotel or even for young poeple looking to have a great time out.

I am hoping to come back soon!

Marie
Ya Mon!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Marie G
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The best holiday I have EVER had. My husband, daughter and I stayed here for a week in April - and a week was not enough for us. As soon as you arrive you are greeted with a warm welcome, a towel and a cold drink. We were given 'treehouse' no 106, which has two double beds. We also had a fridge (which not all rooms have as far as I can see) and a bathroom door (which was good news as far as my daughter was concerned!) as not all rooms have one. But to be honest I can't say that would bother me too much. We also had a daybed on the balcony and a small table and a couple of chairs. The room also had a large tv, with a good choice of satellite channels. There is also a safe in your room which if you want to use you are given a lock for ($50 to replace if you lose the key). Ok, so there is no glass in the windows so you go to sleep to the sound of nature - lovely. Our room was always kept lovely and clean and the staff were all really friendly and helpful - nothing was too much bother for them. I can't name any specific staff as they are all fantastic, from the ladies at the front desk, to the housekeeping staff, waiters etc etc. The grounds are lush and beautiful, the food is wonderful, the place is spotless. We renewed our wedding vows on the beach whilst staying at the resort which was all arranged by my husband (as a surprise) whilst we were staying there. Nothing was too much bother - our day was made very special, a beautiful day. Our daughter was taken ill whilst staying there and all the staff were very caring and were always asking after her. It amazes me that we were known by name by people we hadn't actually met (don't think we were really that awkward?!!). Although the pool is not large there is plenty of sunloungers, the beach is lovely and although it is across the road there is always a crossing guard on duty to see you safely across the road. Make sure you take plenty of heavy duty bug spray - you really do need it. We also had a plug in repellent in the room and had no problems whilst we were sleeping. Also, don't worry about bringing beach/pool towels, they are supplied. Apart from the people, what I really love about the place is that it is so tranquil. This is not a concrete jungle. All the buildings are wooden structures and in my opinion beautiful. If you want an all inclusive, lively, ice cream and chips on demand type place this is not for you. If you want laid back, chilled out, go for it. I will be back - but not for a week. I will go for longer.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family