My husband had been deployed for 10 months and we wanted to escape somewhere, anywhere... It didn't really matter where, it was more about the resort and what it had to offer. The more we researched, the more we narrowed down exactly what we wanted... It had to be completely all inclusive, we didn't want to pay for any food, drinks (alcoholic and non), small (under 100 rooms) and, since we were taking a vacation without kids, we wanted adults only. Being relaxing also had to be a priority as that was the entire point of getting out of the US.
Sunset at the Palms was the only one that met every single requirement that we had and within the first 5 minutes of arriving, we knew we would already be back. You are welcomed by very friendly staff who take your bags, give you a cold towel and bring you a drink. After some quick paperwork, they take you to your room, actually talk to you while they take you there and point out where everything is. Every person that we met there were friendly. We didn't pass an employee without them asking how we were or if we needed anything.
Our room was gorgeous with a mountain view. My only complaint about the room is that we were right by the bar so the night before we left, my husband and I had tried to go to bed early but they had a one man band (which, was excellent from what we could hear) and it was loud. However, it only lasted for an hour and we were able to go to sleep. When my husband and I first got in the bed, it was harder than we prefer but we still slept like babies on it.
The only other sound we heard when we were in our room was the sound of nature, birds, bugs, etc, very soothing and exactly what we wanted. We weren't wanting to listen to people be louds, run down hallways, kids screaming. Just silence.
Food was amazing. Most or all of their fruits and vegetables are grown right there on the property, we could see the garden from our room. We did the chefs table our last night there and I while I wasn't a fan of the food served, it was good. (I'm not a salmon or fruit on my salad kind of girl but the other food served was ah-mazing).
We never had to wait for a drink at the bar. There is a little bit of inconsistency with the alcohol. I would get one drink and it taste great, but the next one would have a stronger alcohol taste, but the next one wouldn't be as strong. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something I noticed.
The pool was always dead, same with the hot tub. If anyone was in it, they were all lounging around on the floaties which was perfect for us.
The beach is nice, the water is blue and calm, the waves are small and don't expect to collect seashells on it. We did find a starfish, that was pretty cool.
We got massages at the spa, the staff was friendly but the massage isn't what we were expecting but we had never had a massage before so we have nothing to compare it to.
If you go on the free excursion to Xtabi, make sure you bring your own snorkel gear or cash to rent when you get there. My husband and I didn't know this and had to wait around for 3 hours until the bus came back to get us. There isn't a beach and the water is deep at the cliffs. We didn't mind waiting around, the view was beautiful.
We are definitely planning our next trip back. I think we will always compare this resort to any other one that we go on. I highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to get away. If you are looking for a party place, this is not it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort