Sunset at the Palms
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$99
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
US$212
US$193
US$120
US$59
  • Pool
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$148
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
US$484
US$469
Bookit.com
2,894 results
All reviewslotus leafchef's tablecrossing guardbeach grilllotus restaurantday bedcoffee barshort walk across the streettree house stylejohn wayne toursjerk chickentree frogsa la carte restaurantbloody baypiano mansmall resortbug spray
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I chose to stay at Sunset at the Palms specifically for the rooms. The tree house bungalows are excellent. The beds are comfortable and the setting is intimate. Even the walk to and from the rooms is relaxing due to the beautifully manicured grounds. The staff is extremely friendly, the food is good, and the atmosphere of the common areas leaves little to be desired. I think you would regret staying at a bigger resort because of the scale. The smaller size of Sunset at the Palms gives you a personal connection with the staff which makes your stay even more relaxed. They remember you and go out of their way to make your stay perfect. We found it hard to leave after our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the resort have little to no road noise.
1  Thank Blake P
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband had been deployed for 10 months and we wanted to escape somewhere, anywhere... It didn't really matter where, it was more about the resort and what it had to offer. The more we researched, the more we narrowed down exactly what we wanted... It had to be completely all inclusive, we didn't want to pay for any food, drinks (alcoholic and non), small (under 100 rooms) and, since we were taking a vacation without kids, we wanted adults only. Being relaxing also had to be a priority as that was the entire point of getting out of the US.

Sunset at the Palms was the only one that met every single requirement that we had and within the first 5 minutes of arriving, we knew we would already be back. You are welcomed by very friendly staff who take your bags, give you a cold towel and bring you a drink. After some quick paperwork, they take you to your room, actually talk to you while they take you there and point out where everything is. Every person that we met there were friendly. We didn't pass an employee without them asking how we were or if we needed anything.

Our room was gorgeous with a mountain view. My only complaint about the room is that we were right by the bar so the night before we left, my husband and I had tried to go to bed early but they had a one man band (which, was excellent from what we could hear) and it was loud. However, it only lasted for an hour and we were able to go to sleep. When my husband and I first got in the bed, it was harder than we prefer but we still slept like babies on it.

The only other sound we heard when we were in our room was the sound of nature, birds, bugs, etc, very soothing and exactly what we wanted. We weren't wanting to listen to people be louds, run down hallways, kids screaming. Just silence.

Food was amazing. Most or all of their fruits and vegetables are grown right there on the property, we could see the garden from our room. We did the chefs table our last night there and I while I wasn't a fan of the food served, it was good. (I'm not a salmon or fruit on my salad kind of girl but the other food served was ah-mazing).

We never had to wait for a drink at the bar. There is a little bit of inconsistency with the alcohol. I would get one drink and it taste great, but the next one would have a stronger alcohol taste, but the next one wouldn't be as strong. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something I noticed.

The pool was always dead, same with the hot tub. If anyone was in it, they were all lounging around on the floaties which was perfect for us.

The beach is nice, the water is blue and calm, the waves are small and don't expect to collect seashells on it. We did find a starfish, that was pretty cool.

We got massages at the spa, the staff was friendly but the massage isn't what we were expecting but we had never had a massage before so we have nothing to compare it to.

If you go on the free excursion to Xtabi, make sure you bring your own snorkel gear or cash to rent when you get there. My husband and I didn't know this and had to wait around for 3 hours until the bus came back to get us. There isn't a beach and the water is deep at the cliffs. We didn't mind waiting around, the view was beautiful.

We are definitely planning our next trip back. I think we will always compare this resort to any other one that we go on. I highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to get away. If you are looking for a party place, this is not it.

Room Tip: I'm not sure what numbers the rooms are, but I think the 100s and 200s would be the quietest. We were in the 300s and while it was quiet and away from the road, it was near the bar.
4  Thank Mrs_AmyN
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Definitely a unique and enjoyable resort. Far away from the concrete jungles that are most resorts... Also the fact that there are no children running around made it very romantic and much more enjoyable.
Some things that really made this vacation enjoyable:
1. double head in the shower (wink...)
2. towel policy (take them whenever you want)
3. Food was definitely better than expected, great variety and selection.
4. CHEF'S TABLE!! (5-7 course tasting menu cooked by the head chef in front of you - don't miss it)
5. Beach Grill/bar - so convenient, friendly and tasty
6. Piano Bar 7-9 most nights.
7. Ask the gardeners for a fresh coconut cut from the tree outside your room!
8. Fully functional Gym with water (neglected by most)
9. Champagne and mimosas from 6-7
10. Walk up beach musicians - some people find this annoying but I personally really enjoyed the music while lounging on the beach
11. Fully stocked mini-fridge in the room with beer/soda/water - refilled every day and included in package. Amazing...

Tips:
1. Bring small bills! Tipping isn't required but I enjoyed the personal touch of most of the staff. (I tipped 10$ a day and spread it out for things I really appreciated. Most of the staff is so friendly you will regret not showing your appreciation)
2. Bring Bug Spray - this resort really is in a "jungle" type setting.
3. Arrange transportation to the resort from the airport weeks prior to your vacation. We used JUTA which was fine.

Room Tip: call ahead and ask for privacy - our a mountain view. All the rooms are good though.
3  Thank Aaron B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

At last after staying in over 20 hotels in Jamaica we have eventually found the best! This hotel is better than couples and Riu.

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. We have just returned from a 10 day holiday in Jamaica and loved our stay at this hotel. From the time we arrived the staff could not do enough for us.

The rooms are amazing, large, bright, no smell of previous smokers in the rooms as all rooms are non smoking. The hotel complex has a designated area for smokers.
The food was plentyful with lots of options.

The pool area is imaculate wtih plenty of sun loungers.

I would highly recommend this hotel and cant wait to go back.

Congratulations to all the staff, you really know how to treat your clients. You should send some of your staff to other hotels to show them how its done!

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking
2  Thank DublinLinda
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is my 6th time at this resort and every time I go back it just keeps getting better. It all starts when you arrive at the resort and you are greeted with a big smile from Kenroy and a refreshing drink. Kenroy will gladly help take your bags to your room, and my goodness the rooms are amazing. The beds are spectacular and the porch outside of your room is perfect which includes a hammock and a bed. One thing that truly sets SATP apart from other resorts is the food. Every meal exceeded my expectations. It begins right away in the morning at the fresh egg making station (highly recommend the omelet) and a big smile from Andrew the cook. After breakfast, one should take the short 2 minute walk to the beach. It is absolutely magnificent and very well maintained. A huge thanks to Jeff and all the other lifeguards for helping us out everyday with a helping hand and getting the chairs out for us. The next meal you have should be at the beach because the beach grill is to die for. Opal did a fantastic job everyday and every meal was perfect. The beach is great spot to watch the sunset after a long day of relaxing. A nice way to spice up your trip is to have dinner in the Lotus Leaf restaurant. The food once again is fantastic. The Lotus Leaf has Class-A service led by Venroy. Every time I went there Venroy took care of everything and made me feel so welcome. I would like to mention that all the bartenders do such a great job and love to have fun with you. They want to make your stay as best as possible. Also, Lair and Sifford make your dining experience so worthwhile. This place is absolutely stunning, the grounds crew led by Shorty do such a great job and they work so hard, please tell them thank you every chance you get. Finally, the thing that SATP does that surpasses everyone is the service. I have become such great friends with a lot of people there which include; Lair, Kirk, Desmond (Security at the Beach), Esroy, Sifford, and Kenroy. These people will do anything to make your stay better, all you have to do is ask and they will be there. Everyone who works at SATP has such a nice warm smile for you and makes you feel like family when you're there. I am looking forward to when I can go back to SATP for my seventh time and make even more memories with my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family