Me and my boyfriend stayed at SATP for 7 days. I have absolutely not one thing to complain about. From the second we arrived until we left we were in heaven. We were greeted by very friendly staff and every single person working there made us feel at home. We arrived early so our room wasn't quite ready. We were greeted with a cool towel and a refreshing drink. Then told to relax and change into our bathing suits and hit the beach which is exactly what we did. We went to the grill on the beach for seared red snapper and jerk chicken that was awesome! We ate lunch on the beach almost every day we were there.
Staff are always smiling and often singing. The Chef's table was to die for. The staff cooking there were very professional and upbeat. Our server was amazing and made it a point to check in with us each time he saw us afterwards to say hello and made sure he saw us before we left and hoped to see us again next year.
The food at the buffet was out of this world. Always a great selection with different themes daily. The staff are incredible and always ask how our day is going and if we needed anything. There is a ton to do on and off the resort. We met so many great people.
Our last night we ate off the resort at the Cliffs on the westside with an amazing couple we met and we couldn't be happier with the food and service there as well. Thanks Mike and Christie!
Garry a tour driver outside the resort took us all through the mountains and even introduced us to his family. He showed us what Jamaica is truly all about and we were so grateful to have had him recommended to us. We played domino's with some locals and drank ice cold red stripe. I would highly recommend Garry for any taxi or tour services you need. He asked us what we would like to see and was very informative of the island and the history. Very friendly and everything was "No problem". His rates are very reasonable especially for the amount of time he spent with us.
The beach is fantastic. The excursions are all very good and we only wish we had more time to explore the island.
Every day was better then the previous day. We truly found a Gem at SATP and it'll be very hard to go anywhere else.
The entertainment was good with steel bands, karaoke etc there is lots to do for free on the beach with water sports, swimming and vendors to purchase souvenirs.
I've read many many reviews of SATP before going and since returning and all I have to say to all the bug, food and service complainers is get a grip! These people would complain about anything anywhere they go in life. Do the rest of us a favor and stick to the massive cement resorts polluted with people and drunken teenagers.
This resort exceeded our expectations and then some. It's small and quiet and we will be back.
Yes there are a few bugs, if you're worried bring bug spray. We brought some but only needed it one evening.
The rooms are clean and spacious and the day bed and hammock outside most units are a very nice touch.
We truly loved every second and SATP have it 100% right. They know what they are doing there and in my opinion there is zero room for disappointment.
We will be back and we are already counting down the days.
Our trip included shuttle bus to and from the airport so there was no extra expense. And although tips are included these people work hard to make your stay amazing and tipping is very much appreciated however nobody ever looked for tips. They are what makes this place so wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort