We just returned from a wonderful extra long Memorial Day weekend at Sunset at the Palms. We stayed Saturday to Wednesday and definitely wished we could have squeezed in a few more days.
The secluded tree house style rooms are fantastic. You feel like you have your own little cabin versus being one of many in a large hotel tower. The beds were extremely comfortable. The bathroom and shower were spacious. The stone showers with dual shower heads and multiple jets were an added luxury. I personally loved the private deck & day bed. It is a perfect spot for an afternoon nap or to enjoy the early morning sun.
We spent our mornings on the beach and afternoons by the pool. We never had a problem getting lounge chairs at either location and never felt cramped.
The jerk chicken and jerk nachos were our favorite down by the beach. I had them everyday and am still craving them. Unfortunately, the Chef's Table was rained out on the night we tried to attend but they were able to transfer our reservation to the Lotus Leaf instead. We would loved to have tried it and it is on our list as a 'must do' next time. That being said, the Lotus Leaf was delicious. I would highly recommend the beef and lamb dishes - absolutely fantastic. The buffet and breakfast were also great. It would be nice to have a late night food/snack option available but next time I may just bring a bag of pretzels or something to have in the room.
As other reviewers mentioned, you will notice some mosquitoes but that has to be expected with all the gorgeous greenery. It truly feels like you are in the middle of a tropical jungle. A little bug spray really did the trick. I wouldn't let this deter you from booking a trip.
Each night there is something going on at the pool bar from 9-11pm. We enjoyed both the steel band and reggae bands that played at the pool. The atmosphere was relaxed with a few couples dancing occasionally. If you are looking for a rowdy party scene then this is not the spot for you.
For our transport out to the resort, we set up a private transfer through Turner's Taxi. I would highly suggest that so you don't have to wait to get there. The ride itself took just over an hour and they provide you each a complimentary Red Stripe to enjoy during the car ride.
I am always a fan of trying new places for vacation but it is very tempting to just book a trip back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort