Me, my wife, and another couple just got back from Sunset at the Palms. This place is by far the best resort out there. There is a great selection of food to choose from, and the food is delicious. The staff are very accommodating and knew our names within the first day or two. They were very easy to get along with, and we now can even call some of them friends. "Teacher" and Ian the life guards, and Venroy, who supervises the Lotus Leaf restaurant, are a few in particular. All of the buffet staff were fantastic, which includes Crystal who served us most nights.
The resort is a delight to stay at. The grounds are well taken care of, as the maintenance crew really do seem to take pride in their work. The resort is quite different from others, as all of the “treehouse-style” rooms are build around the vegetation. It really does feel like you are in a tropical Paradise. The rooms were very clean, and the AC worked wonders on hot days.
Sunset has their own section on the beach, which was nice. You could lay out and relax without worrying about people bothering you too much. There were merchants outside the boundaries of Sunsets beach, where you could haggle for a good deal on souvenirs.
We went snorkeling on two different occasions with Roydell, who has his glass bottom boat just at the edge of Sunsets boundary at the beach. He was very knowledgeable and dependable. I would recommend taking a tour with him over anyone else, as he was extremely experienced and trustworthy.
The pool area was also fantastic. It was kept clean and most of the other guests enjoy getting to know one and other.
I would not hesitate to book another vacation here, and plan to do so again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort