We stayed for a week, and really enjoyed the clean, uncrowded beach and the laid back resort. Reggae music is in the background all the time.
We walked along the beach to check out the other resorts which are jam-packed several chairs deep with loud music, parents yelling at their kids, and other silliness.
Breakfast is a great start to the day. The beachside grill is fast and good. the beer is cold and you don't have to wait.
The dinners are okay but it gets boring, so two nights we took a cab ride into very nice seaside restaurants in Negril: $20 each way, plus tip, in addition to the meal.
After a hard day at the beach we enjoyed our private balcony in the jungle....snoozed there often, distrurbed only by birds.
The piano player in the evening is a true star!
Nighttime entertainment was okay; some are better than others; what do you want for free?
We found the pool to be small. Wifi only in the lobby.
Some of the staff are a little too eager for tips; just be aware that over-the-top friendliness, isn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort