We recently returned from our first trip to Jamaica ! What an awesome island to visit....the weather, the water....incredible ! The Palms has beautiful, meticulous grounds and the rooms are charmingly tropical. The staff works hard to make sure that you are enjoying your stay. I recommend tipping occasionally as we all enjoy recognition for work well done, and I don't think they make as much as they probably should.
The pool is the gathering spot for guests and the bartenders, espescially Rory and Garth, are extremely entertaining. You'll feel like the staff our old friends by the time you leave.
There is an older gentleman who serves in the dining room and he is marvelous! I wish I knew his name because he has the art of serving a fine meal down to an art !
My daughter and I traveled alone and I was uncertain how safe moving about the island would be. Luckily, on our first day we were directed to Gary from Respect Tours 1-870-889-4588. He is a cabbie/tour guide with a very nice van and he is the most respectful, friendly and protective guide we could have wished for. For $5.00 added to our cab fare to a destination, he stayed with us at every event or location we went to. We ventured to the downtown flea market and he made sure the vendors did not over-pressure us. We ventured to a local night spot and he made sure we were not bothered, even going so far as to walk us back and forth to the restroom. We never felt so safe in our lives! All the locals seemed to know him and respect him . Gary has lived in London for a few years so his English is very, very good and his manners are outstanding. But being born and raised on the island, he knows everything you could ever want to know.
Driving on the island on your own would not be a good idea. The roads are narrow and full of potholes, and traffic moves quite quickly, and there are lots of corners where you must stop to let opposing traffic pass before going around a corner! Gary was expert at dealing with the traffic and we always felt safe.
For the extra few dollars, let someone else do the driving and stay with you on your excursions. I
Sunset at the Palms seems to have a strong following of guests who come back year after year.....we talked to many people who were there for there 5th, 6th, 7th year in a row. That says alot.
The resort is near to town and all the things you might want or need......stores, bank, great restaurants.
Enjoy your trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort