3,038 results
All reviews lotus leaf chef's table crossing guard beach grill lotus restaurant coffee bar tree house style day bed short walk across the street jerk chicken john wayne tree frogs a la carte restaurant bloody bay piano man small resort our honeymoon
Reviewed 22 June 2018

The resort, the staff, the food was amazing. My husband and I went for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I cannot think of one negative point regarding this holiday at Sunset at The Palms. All the staff made our holiday wonderful but I would like to mention the following staff (and I know I have missed a few) Claudette Brandy(trainee) Treciat and Stacey. All the boys serving in the pool bar and Kerry. The lady who cleaned room 603 and the awesome Clevan (Teacher) the lifeguard, who sang to us most mornings while cleaning the pool and gave us the weather report of the day. Nothing was too much trouble from reception to the gardeners and maintenance crew. The resort is spotlessly clean and so is the private beach. The food is delicious in the main buffet style restaurant and the Lotus Leaf. Definitely reserve a table at the chef's showcase. This is a must. Thank you, thank you, thank you one and all. We will be back.

Room Tip: I read some complaints about the traffic noise if your room was close to the road. We didn't here anything.
1  Thank CAW2002
Sharon P, Manager at Sunset at the Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you so very much CAW2002 for choosing our Resort for your Vacation Destination as well as sharing Trip Advisor review. It was indeed a pleasure hosting both you and your husband for your very special 25th Wedding Anniversary. We are indeed very delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Also, thanks for your kind words of compliments about our food offerings, beach facilities, as well as your recognition of staff and for highlighting Team Members who made your stay especially delightful. They are truly the ones who create fond memories for our much appreciated guests and make each visit special. At our Resort, we take pride in fulfilling the Vacation Expectations of our much appreciated Guests and their satisfaction is our reward.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sunset at the Palms when next you visit Jamaica.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Our stay at Sunset at the Palms was absolutely amazing! Food, hospitality and accommodations were outstanding.
From the moment we arrived, we felt welcomed. If you are going on vacation to party, this is not your place. But, if you want to get away for a romantic, low-key vacation with that someone special, this is definitely worth a visit. We loved it!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kurtmeadors
Sharon P, Manager at Sunset at the Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you so very much kurtmeadors for choosing our Resort for your Vacation Destination as well as sharing Trip Advisor review. We sincerely appreciate your kind words of compliments about amazing food offerings, accommodations, as well as hospitality form our staff. At our Resort, we take pride in fulfilling the Vacation Expectations of our much appreciated Guests and their satisfaction is our reward.

Thanks again for your review and we hope you will continue to choose Sunset at the Palms Resort, each time you plan a vacation in Negril, Jamaica.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I went to the resort on my honeymoon in June 2018, and I was blown away by the amazing service the staff provided. They were all very friendly and would go to the ends of the earth to ensure your stay was a good one. My birthday happened to land on my wife and I's trip, and my wife grabbed a piece of cake from the buffett and asked one of the servers for a candle. When she finally told them that it was my birthday, they asked to borrow the cake slice and said, "we got you covered." Ten minutes later they come to our table, sing happy birthday, and give me the slice of cake. Not only did it have a lit candle on it, they also gave it to their dessert chef and he decorated it and the plate with icing, with "Happy Birthday, Grant" inscribed on it.
It was an amazing resort, I would recommend it to anyone looking to go to Negril.

3  Thank grant7508
Sharon P, Manager at Sunset at the Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you so very much grant7508 for choosing our Resort as your Vacation Destination. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share review on tripadvisor. It was indeed a pleasure hosting you both for your very special honeymoon, as well as birthday celebration. We are very much appreciative of your recognition of the amazing service the staff provided. They are truly the ones who create fond memories for our much appreciated guests and make each visit special. Our ultimate goal is always to create an experience of a lifetime for you our valued guests and every effort is made by all to exceed expectations at every opportunity.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I just stayed here May 31-June 7, my 5th trip to JA, third time to Negril. Not sure how this little GEM got by me when I went to Sandals but I am very happy I discovered this resort and cannot wait to return. The size [not a lot of guests or children, what I was looking for], the STAFF, the food [omg the food], the room, the grounds, all beyond words... Exemplary, extraordinary, amazeballs... I have so many staff to thank, if I forgot any one of you, forgive me... Each of you played a very special part in making my experience an incredible one !! Loletta, Erica, Lynette [Michelle lol], Patroy, Lynford, Audley, O'Neil, Craig, Dwight, James!!, Brandy [ma girl, she rocks that coffee bar], Andricka, Claudette, Sharon, Kerry... you are all so very heartwarming, welcoming and professional. Special shout out to Rydell/Mike for the awesome private glass bottom ride and Omar, the best driver a girl could ask for!! Until we meet again my friends... stay irie xo

Stayed: June 2018
4  Thank Michelle B

Thank you so very much Michelle B. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share beautiful review about your recent vacation experience at Sunset at the Palms Resort. We sincerely appreciate your favorable comments about food offerings, room, grounds, as well as recognition of staff for their hospitality and for highlighting Team Members; who made your stay especially delightful. Our ultimate goal is always to create an experience of a lifetime and every effort is made by all to ensure a most pleasant and memorable vacation for all of our much appreciated guests.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another amazing vacation.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My husband and I stayed here 6/7/18 thru 6/14/18. And I honestly have ZERO complaints! This place is heaven on earth with top notch service. The tree houses are clean, modern and very comfortable. They all have their own balcony with a table and chair set and a chase to lounge on. You have really good channels on the TV which include four movie channels. The bathrooms are beautiful! The grounds are breathtaking! They take VERY good care of the property! The restaurants and the food is delicious! The drinks are strong! They even have snacks set out at the coffee bar during the day in case you get hungry and want something to munch on. The staff is the best staff I have ever worked with. They are very accommodating and very friendly! Anything you want or need they will get for you. The pool area is really nice with plenty of chairs and a bar. They have a live band every night in the pool area. The private beach is across the street and it is absolutely beautiful! There are plenty of chairs, tables, etc. so unlike at the big resorts you don't have to get up at 7am to hold a seat at the beach. You can go to the beach at any time and they will have chairs for you. The only bad thing is they close their beach at 6pm so you won't be able to walk the beach at night. While at the beach they give you a flag to stick in the ground by your chair and a person will come over to take your drink order. You can also get food at the beach because they have a private beach grill that makes really good jerk chicken, sandwiches, etc. They arranged a couple of tours for us which was really nice. You can get room service as well as have a private, romantic dinner outside on their beautiful property. They don't advertise this as a couples resort but it is. This is not a place for a group of singles to come and think they'll meet men/woman and party all night. This is a resort for those that want to rest, relax, enjoy good food, good drinks and have some fun! I loved this place!! I've already recommended it to my girlfriend who is going to book her honeymoon here. If you haven't been here you must get here! One more thing. Dining options may be limited but the dining is excellent and you won't eat the same thing twice. The breakfast buffet is phenomenal! The dinner buffets have a different theme every night so you never eat the same food twice. And then there is the Chef's Showcase and the Palms Restaurant. These are a little more fancy than the buffet. Men must wear closed toe shows and a shirt with a collar. Reservations are required. These are white table cloth restaurants that service 4/5 course meals with drinks and dessert. And the food was absolutely delicious and the presentation was on point! This is for adults only! No kids! I could go on forever about how wonderful this place is!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous and have great views of the property. They all have balconies. Any room you get will be nice.
7  Thank Kimberly S

Thanks Kimberly S for choosing our Resort as your Vacation Destination. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share beautiful review on tripadvisor. We are indeed very delighted to hear that you both were pleasantly surprised and we exceeded your expectations. Also, thanks for your favorable comments about clean, modern and very comfortable.room, food and beverage offerings, beach facilities,as well as recognition of staff; as being very accommodating and very friendly. Our goal is to provide the best possible service and amenities to our much appreciated guests and their satisfaction is our reward.