“Loved this place!”

Charela Inn / Le Vendome
Ranked #25 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was my first trip to Jamaica, mon! And since I'm a paranoid American and I was travelling solo I wanted to stay somewhere with good reviews and more importantly good security so I picked Charela.

I treated myself to a stay in a sea view room (308) with a balcony for 4 nights in mid-September. The room was on the 2nd floor facing the sea. It was large, clean and air conditioned. There was a refrigerator, safe, TV, fan and coffee maker. Bed was hard, but not uncomfortable. Lots of comfy pillows! My sea view was obstructed by several trees (see photo) which was sad. But not that sad as I didn't spend much time on my balcony.

Free wifi is available via an unsecured connection.

The staff at this hotel is A+. The bartender, Maxwell, is a real sweetheart. The security on the beach (Reuben and Steve) are tops. Just all around cool people working at this place.

The security here is 24/7. They were always around. Including on the beach late at night. They also have some German Shepherds that come out after dusk to help out. Definitely felt safe at all times.

The beach in front of the Inn = TO DIE FOR. LOVED IT! White sand. Clear warm water. Palm trees to provide shade. Just a spectacular section of 7 mile beach. I highly recommend doing nothing but lay on the beach at least half the time you are there.

I wish I could spend months here. It's a truly amazing place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank RestlessRebecca

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Laid back property in laid back Negril. The ideal place to relax and refresh.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The setting is relaxed. All of this on the worlds best beach.
This is a great value. I highly recommend it for anyone need a little time off of life's treadmill.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PBDuncan
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed in the family room with my husband and infant, we had the family room which was spacious and perfect for our stay. The room was cleaned daily and was spotless, even under the beds (which I noticed collecting all of my sons toys from all over the room :-) )
I'm quite particular with regards to bed linen and towels and all were in pristine condition.
Within seconds from the beach, which is the best bit of beach on the long stretch of beach.
We were right next to the pool and small gardens. The hotel is in keeping with the local surroundings and much more pleasant than some of the other big concrete out of character hotels in the resort.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Yorkshirelady82
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff, the resturant, the room, the views..... were all amazing. I cant wait to go back. Its a gem! It was our first trip to Jamacia and I loved it. They had weekend entertainment , excellent food, and very professional staff, and our room was spotless..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great beach front and food. The beach front is among the widest on the strip and has plenty of trees for shade. The food is great and has a French flair. Could be a little more plentiful, but the staff knows your name by the first meal. Get an upstairs room for more breeze. Get one facing the sea-it is worth it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rolltide
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

This my second stay at Cherela Inn, and I wasn't disappointed.

The staff and the service is amazing! They have put up with our drunken antics and paint stained sheets (Sorry Monica lol)
So much so that my friends and I have decided to stay on even though we have alternative accommodation booked and PAID for.

I have felt safe and welcomed the entire time and want to thank everyone that made my stay so enjoyable.

See you next year!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Second time I have stayed at this lovely hotel. Beautiful rooms, more than friendly service! Staff are sooo nice, very accommodating and welcoming. Reception ladies greet you with a smile every time (even if you pass them 100 times for the day)!! Cleaners are so so patient and despite the mess in my room EVERYDAY I would always return to it spotless and fresh (thanks Monica). Thanks to everyone who made me feel safe and welcome. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture, right? Cherela Inn, we ❤ you!! Roll on 2014!!!
Christina, London, UK