Charela Inn / Le Vendome
US$115
US$112
US$77
  • Pool
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$118
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Pure Garden Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$66
Catcha Falling Star(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$1,313
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$899
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewspalm treesjazz nightocean frontjunior suitenegril beachseven mile beachevery morningmile stretchall inclusive planrestaurant staffjamaican breakfastvisited negrilgarden roombeautiful beachprivate balconyshrimppineapple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I've never been sad to come back to reality but this time I was. Charela Inn was really great. The rooms were spotless and it was by far one of the most charming hotels I've stayed at. We did not take the all inclusive since we like to venture out and I would recommend this to all who want to truly experience Jamaican cuisine. There are many many restaurants and dives on the beach and street to satisfy your tastebuds.
The beach was spectacular, the sunsets were breathtaking and the entire staff at Charela were most accomodating. A big shout out to Francella, Debbie and Clive (our beach security who would set up all our lounge chairs facing the sun every morning!)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank MontrealLolo
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at Charela Inn for two nights and wish I could have spent more time at the hotel. Charela Inn is a 46 room boutique hotel that is located in one of the best spots on Negril's 7 mile beach.

Upon my arrival at the hotel, I was greeted by a very friendly (they greeted me with a genuine smile) and professional front desk staff who made check-in a very simple and efficient process. I was then escorted to my room with my luggage to one of their ocean view rooms. The room was very clean tastefully decorated and had a King bed. The bathroom was also very clean and spacious. After unpacking, I decided to visit the restaurant for some lunch and was pleasantly surprised that all meals are a-la-carte service, no buffets here...Thank goodness! The food is always prepared fresh and each meal was a delight to eat and enjoy. The restaurant staff were both friendly and attentive which made my dining experience very enjoyable. I had the MAP Meal plan which included breakfast and dinner daily but enjoyed the food so much that I decided to stay on property for all my meals. The same cannot be said for the other hotels in the area since other hotel guests would frequent Charela's restaurant and many actually changed hotels to stay at Charela Inn.

The beach at Charela Inn offers complimentary beach towels and loungers and they have planted palm trees on their section of beach as opposed to umbrellas which provide excellent shade should you wish to be out of the sun and also look a lot more appealing. I walked along the beach and found that Charela Inn had the best kept beach of all the hotels since it is raked every morning by their beach attendant. The great thing about boutique hotels is that you don't have to wake up early to get your spot on the beach since there are only 46 rooms and Charela's beach is both wide and deep providing ample room for their gusts to enjoy the sun and sand.

During my stay, I also visited their sister property which is called The Mirage. The Mirage offers 12 beach view rooms with sea access and is a very intimate property...Great for couples or individual travelers!

I would rate Charela Inn as a 3.5 Star hotel with 5 star service. Both hotels had a good mix of travelers from Europe, USA and Canada. As a Canadian, I would advise all Canadian Travelers to forget about the large all-inclusive hotels and try the Charela Inn or The Mirage for your next rip to Jamaica; You will have a great time!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank Canadian_Travel_Guru
Reviewed 22 March 2010

My husband and I started our trip to Jamaica in Montego Bay on business, we stayed at the the Rose Hall Hilton all inclusive. It was really nice hotel and good food but a very small beach and nothing around within walking distance, a taxi to Montego Bay was $35 one way. We spent four days in Negril at Charela Inn and loved it!! The hotel is centrally located on 7 mile beach and we would take long walks on the beach everyday which was wonderful. Times Square and the Craft Market are within walking distance, which you can either walk alongside the road or walk the beach and take one of the paths over to either place. Jimmy Buffets Margaretaville is just a short walk to the right of Charela Inn and again walked the beach to. The Charela Inn had a nice pool in the middle of the hotel, but we spent all of our time on the beach, they had great lounge chairs and lots of palm trees to lay under if you want to get out of the sun, and nice swimming with sandy bottom to walk on. There were some hustlers walking the beach selling things but really weren't bothered by them at the Inn, which also had a lifeguard/ security on duty. Our room was really nice with a king size bed and walkout porch with table and chairs also had a safe in the room and they were very clean. The comforter was clean but a little outdated, but other than that the room was great, of course clean is most important to us. The Inn had a very friendly staff and had a wonderful restaurant that served breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We ate breakfast there everyday which was good food and inexpensive, loved their homemade bread/toast!! Walking along the beach there are lots of little restaurants that were inexpensive for lunch and dinner if you didn't want to eat at the Inn also had vendors selling their wares. We went to dinner at Rick's Cafe which was awesome to go to and watch the cliff divers and in the evening had live music. We also at the the Rockhouse Restaurant which was really good food and again inexpensive, nice evening watching the sunset while we ate. Both restaurants we took a taxi which was a $10 ride from the Charela Inn and we had a great taxi driver which the Inn called for us, his name is Teddy. Teddy was very knowledgeable and helpful on prices, restaurants, shopping, local area stuff! We liked him so much that we arranged for him to drive us back to Montego Bay to the airport. The taxi ride from the Rose Hall Hilton was $100 and the taxi driver was a little on the pushy side. The ride with Teddy from Negril to the Montego Airport was $60 and very friendly, easy going. The ride either way was about 1 1/2 one way, but Negril for us was worth it. We arrived at the airport 2 hours before departure and it took all of that time to check in, go through customs, and security. As far as the Charela Inn we would definitely go back there and take the kids too! One of the best hotels in Negril and VERY CLEAN!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lillilapple3
Reviewed 20 March 2010

We stayed at the Charela Inn for an extended Valentine's Day Weekend in 2010. We were upgraded to a deluxe seafront room on the ground level. It was a very nice sized room with an outdoor patio. The hotel is the anti-resort - small and intimate. Chairs are set up beachfront in the morning and the courtyard in the middle of the hotel has a small pool. The location in the middle of 7 Mile Beach can't be beat for walking. The hotel works with European tour operators and a number of the guests are European. The hotel offers a full meal plan which most of the guests take advantage of and after eating in the restaurant we now know why. The food was some of the best we had during our stay and after "defaulting" to the hotel one night for dinner, we chose to eat there for the remainder of our stay. Service was friendly and professional. Taxis were arranged for airport pickup and departure and we also organized a day trip to see the inner part of the island with the front desk. The hotel does have a minimum stay requirement of 4 nights but depending on occupancy they may be flexible. Rooms were relatively quiet and during our stay there were not many children. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sailorgirlmn
Reviewed 7 March 2010

What a great place to stay in, seriously! The location is sooooo perfect, the staff was super friendly and very very accomodating. They are right on the beach and provide beach chairs, umbrellas and towels and they have on beach security who keeps a very close watch on the safety of their guests. The food was fantastic and the drinks were awesome!!!! Try the dirty banana - it was memorable! Location couldn't be any better and its definitely a professionally run place. The taxi service they have outside was very professional and very reasonable. I can't wait to go back - we checked out of a dump we had previously booked and finished out the rest of our vacation here. We definitely ended our vacation on such a great note thanks to this place. Don't think twice - book it! You will be just as pleased! :)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple