“Top Notch Stay!!”

Ranked #32 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Missouri
“Top Notch Stay!!”
Reviewed 1 December 2007

Hi to everyone reading this. Just wanted to drop quick review about our stay to relate our experience in staying with the wonderful folks of Rondel Village.

Please forgive me for not mentioning individual names, short stay, along with many red stripes and me aging is not a good recipe for name
retention of any sort.

Check in was quick and thurough as well as professional and very courteous. Very warm greetings and made to feel quite welcome. All the front desk staff were wonderful thru out our stay and also upon departing. Wonderful people up front for Rondel, Big Up !!

Security, these guys were great, very fun to visit with and easy
to talk to. You are made to feel very safe very quickly. The guys
are constantly patroling grounds to make sure guests are fine. Also on the beach they are never far away to run off any higglers
that are selling alittle too hard. Although that does not happen
too often, it is very nice to know you have someone looking out
for you. Very impressive job done by these guys.

Grounds & Groundskeeping, the place is expertly groomed &
manicured, very beautiful grounds. Just one look says it all.

Housekeeping was excellent, wonderfully nice ladies took very
good care of us. Excellent job and also very fun to visit with every
afternoon. Very friendly people.

Villas, ours was very nice. Big and roomy, nice furniture and beds. Cold Air when needed. Incredible wrap around porch with
hammock. Great to chill on the porch and visit with some of the
staff or some of the other guests. Also incredible private hot tub
on each Villas back porch. Nice romantic touch for sure.

We have been going to Negril for 10 yrs and this was our 2nd
stay @ Rondel. Without a doubt it is the finest resort by far that
we have stayed at in Negril.

Oh yeah how about the obvious ..... duh ....... the beach , beach
bar, and restaraunt (told you i am getting old ) --- they have a
very nice stretch of beach, and an absolutely wonderful beach
bar and restaraunt. Lots of sand, sun, cold drinks, and great menu that follows it up with great food at a fair price.

As you can tell we were very impressed with Rondel, but most of all with the folks that work there. They are a classy group that we look forward to visiting again next year. Would we stay there again?? Absolutely.

Mike & Beth / Lime Room Nov21st thru 26th.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Having to leave !
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Rocket51

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
los angeles
Reviewed 24 November 2007

This is my third time to Rondel VIllage and each time I go I am amazed at the beautiful grounds and beach. Negril's beaches were hit hard and Rondel has one of the few remaining stretches of purely white unadulterated sand.

I recommend the Coconut villa, it's a beautiful place where you can see the ocean from your veranda. The crickets at night sing you to sleep along with the sound of the ocean waves.

Maggie, the owner is a fabulous person who runs a tight ship. The security is the best on the island and you needn't worry 'bout a ting.

• Liked — the grounds
  • Disliked — no free Internet
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jetsettinnomad
Florida
Reviewed 19 October 2007

We spent 4 nights at the Rondel in one of their superior beachside rooms and found it some what of a disappointment. The hotel seems very overrated and over priced for what they actually provide. The rooms have old set-in the wall style A/C that were extremely noisy. The swimming pool is quite small and would be incapable of handling very many guests if the hotel had been full. There was room for only 3 lounge chairs around the pool. The beach area has lounge chairs but no cushions and no umbrellas making them very uncomfortable in the boiling sun. The restaurant was expensive and had a limited selection. The reception staff had limited knowledge of sights in the area and there was no tour desk. That made it very hard to arrange any trips with just a few days stay. Finally, the lush tropical garden vegetation the hotel is so proud of is just along the sidewalks and supports a lot of mosquitoes but does not provide any benefits like shade or places to sit. We saw a lot of other hotels along the beach that seem to have much better facilities than the Rondel but unfortunately are not advertised on web sites as much as the Rondel. I would not recommend the Rondel or stay there again.

• Liked — Located on the beach
  • Disliked — Noisy rooms and poor assistance from front desk
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Eric14
Kingston
Reviewed 30 July 2007

My b/f took me to Negril one weekend because I was stressed out at work. We had booked a very cheap hotel first, but when we stopped by, we were not impressed so we decided to travel the strip in search of a good hotel with reasonable rates... We ended up at Rondel Village and fell in love with the room on sight. We stayed in Apple on the beach side.

The room was clean, the linen and towels comfortable, and the AC worked very well. The pool was great, but the jacuzzi was only hot at nights. I am not sure if there was a way to turn the heat on ourselves. I looked around a bit and saw no controls, so we just waited for the nights. Heh. The food was delicious but expensive. The drinks at the bar were overpriced as well. We only had breakfast at the hotel (too lazy to go driving so early in the morning). We went into town for our other meals.

The staff were friendly and greeted us whenever they saw us. The hustlers...well, they dropped their prices as soon as they discovered that we were Jamaicans, but they annoyed us just the same. The b/f got really upset and told some of them exactly what he felt about their behaviour. I just tended to laugh and walk away.

All in all, it was a great stay. We are already planning our next trip!

• Liked — The comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Refrigerator was tiny in our room. It was more a "cooler".
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DianneKingston
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 27 July 2007

My wife and I stayed at Rondel from 7/12 - 7/16 and had a great time. We chose the gardenside rooms and were very pleased. The rooms are way above average for the price. Very large with 2 queen beds, AC, minifridge and tv. Nice covered porch for sitting at night and the small pool just steps away which we never saw anyone else use the whole time we were there. It was very peaceful and even when the Jungle nightclub was having their Thursday night party you could barely here the music over the sound of the treefrogs. Crossing the road to the beach wasn't a problem and there was always someone to stop traffic whether you needed it or not.

The beach area is fairly small but isn't crowded and there are a couple of shaded areas but you need to get there early to grab one. Glendon provides security during the day and does everything from setting up lounges to chasing off aggressive hustlers. The bar is literally on the beach and serves 100.00j Red Stripes as well as any tropical drink you might want. The restaurant is directly behind the bar and the food is good but service can be a little slow if it's crowded. We found that the best way to avoid the wait was to order right from the bar and either eat there or grab an empty table.

Rondels location is just about perfect for exploring the area. We walked the beach in both directions and found that we very close to the exact middle. Nothing was more than 20 minutes away by foot. We found that there were very few vendors this year and that the area seemed even quieter than it should be in the off season.

Finally, I have to commend the staff of Rondel for their complete friendliness and professionalism. My wife and I have travelled extensively in the Caribbean for over 20 years and have yet to find a group that equals what we found at Rondel. Nobody at any time had their hand out for a tip and everyone greeted you with a smile and hello. One great example was one night we were sitting outside of our room and asked a passing housekeeper about the name of one of the plants growing next to our porch. She seemed embarassed that she couldn't remember. When we returned to the beach we found out that she had taken the time to find Glendon and our answer was waiting for us. And this was done on her own time! She was off duty! Just to mention a few of the people that stood out: Glendon, Dwight and Hugh from security and Delroy, Omar, and The Doctor from the bar. If I knew or could remember eveyone elses name I would include them as well. We have a couple more places on the beach that we want to try out but a return visit to Rondel will definately happen for us in the future.

• Liked — size and location
  • Disliked — no clock
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
8 Thank dcon59
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 July 2007

We just returned from Rondel. It was perfect. The staff is incredible and the grounds are in amazing shape. We were married there and had 42 guests with us. There was not one complaint. Many, even said that they would surely return. Everyone worked to accommodate our every need. The restaurant is great and has one of the best bars on the beach.

• Liked — the awesome staff and facilities
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
6 Thank browntown
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 11 June 2007

This was my 4th trip to Negril in the last 2 years...and after trying a couple of different places, I went back to Rondel Village this trip. I was so glad I did that as I have found my home away from home. I was welcomed back by some very nice people and a beautiful fruit basket.
This trip I tried the Garden Side, as I had heard that it is much more private back there. I absolutely loved it back there. The pool was literally a dozen steps from my front door. Unless I have the need for one of Villas, I will continue to stay on that side.
The rooms were very spacious with a small refridgerator and a nice veranda with a small table and chairs. Maid service was outstanding, but I already new that from my previous stay.
Front desk, Security and Restaurant employees are so very kind. If you interact with them I guarantee that will be a huge reason you will return one day in the future.
I ate breakfast there every morning, but was usually away for the other meals. Food was also outstanding.
Being in the middle of the beach is a huge plus...the best location in my oppinion.
I will be back sometime within the next year and will be staying there again...I really can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Liked — spacious rooms, staff, price and location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends