“Great location of groups”
Review of Rondel Village

Rondel Village
Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We recently stayed in one of the 3 bedroom villas. It was fabulous. Lots of open space for relaxing, cooking, and hanging out. Loved the hot-tub, although I wouldn't actually call it "hot", more like a luke warm tub, but if you let it warm up long enough it's still nice.

The bedrooms all have their own bathroom that is spacious and clean. We spent most of our time on the huge porch hanging out.

I do wish they had more comfortable patio chair, but like most any place in Negril, comfortable seating is rare.

Visited the spa for a pedi one day - Not highly recommending, but it served it's purpose. I thought it was over priced for what I got.

Overall, a casual, laid back time with a friendly staff and perfect location on the beach. I'd go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank SheriB63

Reviewed 5 March 2013

my 5th visit to the rondel village. This yr. Many new additions. I stay on the garden side(which is across from beach). Last yr. there were 8rms. now there are 24 rms. Rondel has expanded, they built on two stories to the rms. already there. Still very quiant back there, and beautifully done. They also added a Spa very very nice. I go every year same time and have met great people every year, now we all meet there and our new friends are meeting us back there next yr. The owners of the Rondel are fantastic, hardworking,and wonderful as are all the people whom work there. Jonhno,and carl who always greet you with smiles. The ground keeper work keeping everything looking beautiful every day. The housekeeper always ready to help with a happy smile. The girls in the office also super. Delroy the bartender well what can I say (FANTASTIC) right down to the waitresses,everyone just super. I say if your going to Negrl, Jamaica stay at Rondel Village. Ps it's also located right in the middle of seven mile beach. Just tell them Sue from Pineapple rm. sent you.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank JamaicaSueNy_
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This hotel is very clean, comfortable and secure. It is right on the beach so it's great for getting to and from your room but you do have to deal with some noise. We were treated to a live band from nearby 3 times in a week in the afternoon while sitting on our balcony which was great. Not so great - the concerts on the beach nearby that went until 3:00am but they only happened twice and some creative closing of some windows/doors and you could block most of it out. All-in-all this was a great place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed at Rondel Village while attending my son's wedding in Negril. My son and his bride stayed at one of the all inclusive resorts. I chose Rondel because It was near their hotel, very economical and locally owned and operated. It gave me the opportunity to experience the Jamaican culture. The facility was clean, quiet, well lit and close to town for shopping. I bypassed the KFC and Burger kings for the traditional Jamaican foods, johnny cakes, ackee and salt fist and callaloo (greens) which was very tasty. When I get married again, Rondel Village will definitely be my honeymoon location. I was very pleased with my stay at Rondel Village and highly recommend them.

Room Tip: I had the pleasure of staying in the Pineapple room, which was on the ground level. The Garden rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Adjoa5
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This place couldn't be better for the price. Staff and owners are so nice and accommodating. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We always stay on beach side in superior room so there's a balcony facing the beach and pool. Restaurant and bar are great! The place is guarded 24x7 and they do jot allow vendors to bug you while you're lounging on the beach. They recommended taxi drivers, snorkeling trips and restaurants that were all excellent and affordable. Carl and John -O are the guards and they are so warm and helpful. Even the grounds keepers are friendly and helpful. I can't wait to book here again next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bridget B
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I've stayed at alot of places in Negril, and ROndel VIllage is by FAR the best value for money!!!! Oh My God, Fabulous service, clean, comfortable, beautiful accommodations, FAARRRR surpassed my expectations!!!!! EVERY night I got the best sleep I had had in MONTHS, Cannot wait to return there for another TRUE, REAL vacation, restful, peaceful, serene. ANd dont get me started on the breakfast, - ackee and saltfish was to die for, my whole crew and I had it every morning, at the beautiful restaurant right on the beach, where I would love to have my wedding, with the lovely curtained cabanas and fish pond, Rondel you are truly the Jewel of Negril!!!

Room Tip: I was on the road side, it was quiet and peaceful, I slept like a BABY.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jana B
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We have stayed down the beach in Negril for over twenty years, and we have eaten breakfast at Rondel every morning of every stay. The food is tasty and cooked to order, the setting is wonderful, just steps from the beach with a terrific view, and the staff are friendly and efficient. I order the Jamaican breakfast with ackee and/or calaloo every time, while my husband sometimes enjoys the French toast or fruit plate instead. We think there must be a new restaurant manager, because the wait service is quicker and more efficient than in the past, and we did not experience the restaurant running out of any menu items. After the first couple of mornings, the wait staff greets us like old friends and wishes us a safe trip home when we leave. Even though we are not hotel guests, we feel welcome, and well cared for, at Rondel's wonderful restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple