“Needs improvement.”
Review of Rondel Village

Rondel Village
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 31 March 2014

If it weren't for the amazing staff, this review would be lower. Portia, Rachel, Delroy and everyone else was amazing. The rooms, not so much. We had ants in the room, no hot water for two days, the beds are tiny (my boyfriend and I had to sleep in separate beds) and the dogs next door as well as night club across the street make getting a good nights sleep quite difficult. We have a friend who is from Jamaica and he was not allowed on the property unless we paid a $20US fee per day. That is not the case with other hotels we looked in to. We ate at Rondel a couple times but found it quite expensive in comparison to the smaller restaurants along the beach and the restaurants and hotels in the west end blow rondel out of the water. We were also not a fan of the unnecessary wrist bands. It is not an all inclusive so it is kind of pointless. There is also a charge for wifi but it is free at the little restaurant next door. They have really awesome pistachio ice cream and the girl who is always working is very friendly. Boat bar (next door on the opposite side) has drinks for half the price and they are just as friendly as the staff at Rondel and they have live music every Friday from 2-6. great little bar. Also, Negril Sun Bar has the best lobster in Negril. Cooked over an open fire. Two whole lobsters for $20. $2 Red Stripe and free wifi. The Blue Mountain Coffee Shop has amazing breakfast and the best coffee. Toya makes ice cappuccinos that rival any I've tasted. All in all, there are better places in Negril to stay and eat.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Travellingfoodie5125

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed in a Superior room on the beach side (Lemon), second floor, with a peek of a view of the ocean. It was right next to the pool, more toward the office than the beach, and was pretty quiet. The a/c wasn't working when we got there and they fixed it right away. The patio had two chairs and a small foot-stool sized table. We did have teeny ants in the room, so we started keeping all food/trash out on the patio. The refrigerator is small and there is very little table-top room. We were there 7 nights and didn't get one good night's sleep - hard, short full sized- beds. Cold water for a shower one morning. Expensive food with the exception of breakfast - but it was hard to find a decent-priced meal anywhere. HOWEVER, Porsha (our housekeeper), Johnno (security), Donovan and Delroy (bartenders) are some of the friendliest and most humble people I've ever met, and will truly miss seeing them all. Actually, everyone at Rondel was equally friendly and helpful. I didn't catch everyone's names, but the grounds keeper was always sweeping up, gave me a few tips about where to go for fruit, etc., and the grounds were immaculate and beautiful. First night there, and throughout the week, I got bitten (outside) by what I believe were fleas and it made my week pretty miserable - DO NOT FORGET insect repellent, and Benadryl :) Locals on the beach can get pretty pushy at times trying to sell their wears (not all of them are pushy) - don't let them put anything in your hands because you'll have a hard time giving it back. Nice pool, nice salon across the street. Flag your own cab with red license plates (they are licensed) - we paid only $6 round trip to go to Times Square (t-shirts, coffee, booze) and hotel is more. I'm giving Rondel 3 stars because we thought it was very expensive for the below-average beds, cost of beverages and food. Negril beach is beautiful as is the water. Side note about the MoBay airport: it took us over an hour to get through customs - not many happy travelers. On the way back, we were going to buy 2 candy bars and a can of potato chips to the tune of $15 U.S. - expensive there as well.

Room Tip: If you want to pay extra, the suites on the bottom levels looked very inviting. Otherwise, closer to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank srquil
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have been staying at Rondel Village since 1992, when I was 4 years old. I can say with confidence that, while it has grown in size, it has not lost its charm. Our last stay was in May 2012, just my husband and I, and we are going back next April (2015) with my daughter and my parents.
The staff is amazing. Donna, the housekeeper, has been there for as long as I can remember, and does an amazing job. Everyone else from gardening to security to the restaurant, and everything in between, are amazingly friendly and helpful.
The location is perfect- almost right in the middle of the "7 mile" beach. The Boat Bar next door is great for some cheap eats, but the restaurant right at Rondel is great, too. Our tip is to always take at least one night and go up to Sips and Bites restaurant in the West End (right next to Rockhouse) for dinner- authentic, cheap, and absolutely delicious).
I recommend Rondel to anyone and everyone planning a trip to Jamaica- clean rooms, AC, food, great staff, and great price. Love it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LottieRichard
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I did not stay at this hotel, but my husband and i ate here once for breakfast and had delishious pancakes. We had a late night appetiser of cod fritters that were very good and cheesecake that was perfect for my sweet tooth. We also ate here for dinner twice. We didn't know what to order the first time there and the waitress was very helpful and friendly. She recommended we split the jerk chicken pizza and it was awsome. It came with salad and bread. The bread rolls there are fantastic too. My husband had the surf n turf and loved it. Definately recommend this place to eat any meal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunnyK2
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is my second time staying here. This time I stayed for 10 days on the garden side. I really love the non all inclusive vibe. The room was spacious and clean, everything was in working order, the bed was quite comfortable, and the balcony allowed for a great breeze. I returned here mainly because I felt safe and of the family atmosphere. There is 24 hour security and the staff is great. The beach is lovely and there's some shady spots if desired, although those tend to go first. Security does a great job in keeping the vendors at bay, but you'll want to buy a beef or chicken patty! The food at the restaurant is great, but choices are limited so if you are staying for awhile you might find yourself drifting down the beach for something else. But that's the great thing about being on the beach and in the middle of all these other hotels.

A big shout out to Donovan, Delroy, Carl, Johno, Jamie, the rest of the waitstaff, and cleaning women!!! They are all awesome and make you feel so welcomed

Room Tip: Beware - it is right next to Jungle Nightclub so if you are on the garden side you can hear the musi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soph_829
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Most if not all of the hotels on 7 mile, with the exception of the large chain all inclusive, really are 3 star. Finding the best value in clean, safe and friendly cal be a challenge. The rondel really is perfect. We have seen many spots on prev visits and this is it. We want clean... They have it. Big rooms. They have it. Friendly caring owners. They have it. Kind caring staff.... Yes, they have that too. Finally to the food. Really, so very good. Lobster cakes .... Amazing. Negril is not the place to come if your looking for contemporary modern. Stick to Vegas. It's laid back attitude with all you need can be found at the Rondel Village.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Magioritis
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This place is beyond our expectations! The room is clean, comfortable bed, quiet and beautiful breeze. We only run the a/c at night to sleep. During the day balcony doors and windows are open. Set up is secure. We feel safe and relaxed. Staff is wonderful, food delicious and bartender the best. He trusts my daughter to order and then I go down and pay later. Nothing but beautiful people, gorgeous weather and no better place to spend a week.

Room Tip: Can only comment on superior room which is fantastic!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family