“Best get away”

Ranked #33 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Golden, Colorado
“Best get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This place has served our family well, from a honeymoon 24 years ago, annual trips during that entire time, and our three children growing up here. Five star food, accommodations, staff. Will be going for another 24....the owners are truly wonderful people, very family oriented, and Donna and Portia take excellent care of everything and are great spokeswomen for the property, and keep it sparking clean . Classy place, I don't even want to tell people about it so I can keep it a secret....sorry Carolyn, the secret is out! Hope Selina continues her fabulous restaurant menu and a pat on the back to john for doing a great job!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank inlovewithtravel6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was my first visit to Negril, and a GREAT one!~Loved the location of the hotel...right in the middle of the beach. Tropical plants line the paths between rooms. Cozy restaurant, and bar close enough to the beach to hear the waves! The rooms were a little dated but very clean and large. Some rooms are located across the street...(and on Thursday nights you can hear the beat from the music at the Jungle bar.) We were treated with great kindness by Karl (our guard and taxi getter), and will never forget Johno, our security guard on the beach...both true assets to this hotel!~

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hello again. Since my last review iv been back to rondel twice. I was there in November and stayed in a standard room beachside (lemon), unlike some of the other reviews of that room I have to say I was very comfortable, and I'm a picky person. We went back in January and we stayed in the beachfront villa named coconut, and we just got back from being there in march, and again we stayed in coconut. This time we were a total of 9 people staying at rondel. The rest of our guests stayed in standard beachside rooms which they LOVED. The situation with the dogs next door has gotten much much better, you barely hear them anymore. The security guards have really taken care of this problem, and continue to do so because these dogs have been annoying in the past, but i promise you, I am a regular visitor and it has gotten much much better. This is a family run business, these people work HARD. This is a very very professional staff. I cannot say enough about the Wright family. So warm, so grateful, so caring of their guests. You really do feel like family while there. Anything that goes wrong they fix IMMEDIATELY, this is not the kind of place where you wait for results, they DELIVER. These people make sure you leave there happy. You may find other places in negril to stay for better prices, but you WILL NEVER EVER GET THE SERVICE THAT RONDEL GIVES. I have written an extensive review about this property if you want details on the layout of this property, refer to that if you need to. Todays review will focus on the service.
The girls at the restaurant are amazing. Again very professional. Yes, it can get quite costly to eat at the restaurant everyday, but the location of the hotel is amazing. All up norman manley are different restaurants that range in price. Negril is very very safe, so walking up and down the boulevard is quite pleasant. The day and night security are serious. Theres no hassle by anyone, and if the locals manage to get to you before the security catches on, it only takes seconds before they're asked to leave. I have a 2 year old daughter and we feel very very safe there. The beach does not have any umbrellas, I think they need to get on that, but there are certain spots that do offer some shade. People who go to rondel are so happy that they are customers for life, so much so that since iv started visiting iv always run into previous guests. Its like we are a small family who meet up in paradise every few months. Its so nice, so peaceful. They've done such a wonderful job at making sure you are happy. They're so kind, so grateful, family people who are so inviting. Thank you to mrs selena wright, mr wright and carolyn wright for making our stay so pleasant, for going above and beyond to make sure were happy. Such amazing people. Thank you to portia my housekeeper who's become like my mother, sister, family. I recommend this place. I guarantee you will be happy. YOU WILL NOT GET BETTER I PROMISE. 5*****

Room Tip: coconut beachfront villa. Great for family, great for 2-3 friends who would like a bigger space.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joanna Z
Thompson, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

If it weren't for the amazing staff, this review would be lower. Portia, Rachel, Delroy and everyone else was amazing. The rooms, not so much. We had ants in the room, no hot water for two days, the beds are tiny (my boyfriend and I had to sleep in separate beds) and the dogs next door as well as night club across the street make getting a good nights sleep quite difficult. We have a friend who is from Jamaica and he was not allowed on the property unless we paid a $20US fee per day. That is not the case with other hotels we looked in to. We ate at Rondel a couple times but found it quite expensive in comparison to the smaller restaurants along the beach and the restaurants and hotels in the west end blow rondel out of the water. We were also not a fan of the unnecessary wrist bands. It is not an all inclusive so it is kind of pointless. There is also a charge for wifi but it is free at the little restaurant next door. They have really awesome pistachio ice cream and the girl who is always working is very friendly. Boat bar (next door on the opposite side) has drinks for half the price and they are just as friendly as the staff at Rondel and they have live music every Friday from 2-6. great little bar. Also, Negril Sun Bar has the best lobster in Negril. Cooked over an open fire. Two whole lobsters for $20. $2 Red Stripe and free wifi. The Blue Mountain Coffee Shop has amazing breakfast and the best coffee. Toya makes ice cappuccinos that rival any I've tasted. All in all, there are better places in Negril to stay and eat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Travellingfoodie5125
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed in a Superior room on the beach side (Lemon), second floor, with a peek of a view of the ocean. It was right next to the pool, more toward the office than the beach, and was pretty quiet. The a/c wasn't working when we got there and they fixed it right away. The patio had two chairs and a small foot-stool sized table. We did have teeny ants in the room, so we started keeping all food/trash out on the patio. The refrigerator is small and there is very little table-top room. We were there 7 nights and didn't get one good night's sleep - hard, short full sized- beds. Cold water for a shower one morning. Expensive food with the exception of breakfast - but it was hard to find a decent-priced meal anywhere. HOWEVER, Porsha (our housekeeper), Johnno (security), Donovan and Delroy (bartenders) are some of the friendliest and most humble people I've ever met, and will truly miss seeing them all. Actually, everyone at Rondel was equally friendly and helpful. I didn't catch everyone's names, but the grounds keeper was always sweeping up, gave me a few tips about where to go for fruit, etc., and the grounds were immaculate and beautiful. First night there, and throughout the week, I got bitten (outside) by what I believe were fleas and it made my week pretty miserable - DO NOT FORGET insect repellent, and Benadryl :) Locals on the beach can get pretty pushy at times trying to sell their wears (not all of them are pushy) - don't let them put anything in your hands because you'll have a hard time giving it back. Nice pool, nice salon across the street. Flag your own cab with red license plates (they are licensed) - we paid only $6 round trip to go to Times Square (t-shirts, coffee, booze) and hotel is more. I'm giving Rondel 3 stars because we thought it was very expensive for the below-average beds, cost of beverages and food. Negril beach is beautiful as is the water. Side note about the MoBay airport: it took us over an hour to get through customs - not many happy travelers. On the way back, we were going to buy 2 candy bars and a can of potato chips to the tune of $15 U.S. - expensive there as well.

Room Tip: If you want to pay extra, the suites on the bottom levels looked very inviting. Otherwise, closer to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank srquil
Somersworth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have been staying at Rondel Village since 1992, when I was 4 years old. I can say with confidence that, while it has grown in size, it has not lost its charm. Our last stay was in May 2012, just my husband and I, and we are going back next April (2015) with my daughter and my parents.
The staff is amazing. Donna, the housekeeper, has been there for as long as I can remember, and does an amazing job. Everyone else from gardening to security to the restaurant, and everything in between, are amazingly friendly and helpful.
The location is perfect- almost right in the middle of the "7 mile" beach. The Boat Bar next door is great for some cheap eats, but the restaurant right at Rondel is great, too. Our tip is to always take at least one night and go up to Sips and Bites restaurant in the West End (right next to Rockhouse) for dinner- authentic, cheap, and absolutely delicious).
I recommend Rondel to anyone and everyone planning a trip to Jamaica- clean rooms, AC, food, great staff, and great price. Love it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LottieRichard
Grass Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I did not stay at this hotel, but my husband and i ate here once for breakfast and had delishious pancakes. We had a late night appetiser of cod fritters that were very good and cheesecake that was perfect for my sweet tooth. We also ate here for dinner twice. We didn't know what to order the first time there and the waitress was very helpful and friendly. She recommended we split the jerk chicken pizza and it was awsome. It came with salad and bread. The bread rolls there are fantastic too. My husband had the surf n turf and loved it. Definately recommend this place to eat any meal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple