“First Class Service”

Ranked #52 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Springfield, Missouri
“First Class Service”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Having spent 17 days at Sea Splash I can say the disruption was minimal during the renovation. Our room was updated complete with marbel counter tops in the kitchen and bath area. As I travel extensively the service is up to the standards of any high end resort hotel. The new ownership has and is going out of thier way to provide a first class vacation experience. The location is excellent, the property clean, staff that is very well trained. No shortage of beach chairs, a sparkling swimming pool and hot tube manned for safety throughout the day. Beach security is provided, refreshments for the dining area and beach are available throughout the day.This is an excellent choice for an extended stay. The restaurant is very affordable and quite good, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will return to this property in the near future. TE Campbell

Room Tip: For no noise disruption from the beach bar ask for a room in the first block away from the beach.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Thomas C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 January 2012

we arrived on dec 27 (2 parents;4 kids) and were told that, notwithstanding our fully paid reservation "there were no rooms available" and we were "on our own." it was out and out fraud. my wife had been in touch by phone the day berfore we arrived to confirm ! the new owner simply gave up the room to someone who showed up ahead of us, leaving us to scramble for hours on our own to find a room...in the most heavily booked week of the year. the worst travel experience in 40 years. do not trust him.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
19 Thank john c
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I just got home from a wonderful vacation in which my wife and I stayed at the Sea Splash. Nothing but good things to say about my stay and the warm and welcoming people who run the Sea Splash. I personaly got to know the new owner and he wanted nothing but feed back on how my stay was, that being good or bad. I had nothing but a great time with my stay. I had to read alot of reviews on many hotels in Negril and with my price range and wants it was perfect. your literaly steps from the rooms to the beautiful outdoor restaurant and bar overlooking the white sand beach. Many people in past reviews thought it needed some updating,they listened .While there the outdoor bar was getting a remodel. I felt very taken care of during my trip. I will be going back. Thanks again Jim and everyone at the Sea Splash.
Pat & Katy from Nebraska

Room Tip: I stayed in a suite which was huge and all the comforts I needed.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Patick S
Reviewed 18 December 2011

thanks to everyone at seasplash for a fabulous and unforgettable week in paradise.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Joannanightingale
Thorold, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I just want to start off by saying thank you to all the staff at Seasplash (Soon to be Jim and Ted's excellent adventure) for making my stay the most welcoming and exciting it has ever been for me while travelling to Jamaica. This resort is literally smack dab in the middle of the 7 mile beach and is centrally located to all major attractions such as Mi Yard, Alfreds, and Rick's Cafe. This place could not get any better and it is definitely the spot to be if you want to have a great time. The rooms are very spacious, clean, tastefully decorated and have a separate living area and kitchen with granite counter tops. These rooms certainly feel like my home away from home. I will tell you honestly whoever is reading this review that I will never do the big wig resorts again as this is the way to go. I am so happy we gave this a chance and cant wait to return in a few months. Make sure you say hi to Boombastic for me and the rest of the gang (Winston, Leeroy, Natasha) and tell them "bacon and egg" sent you;) They will know what you mean.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Adrienne Y
Jackson, California
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for many years and I love it. The rooms are cozy and comfy. A few things that make it worth while for me are having a kitchen to cook your own food, /C and also a safe for you you to keep your valuables in. Rates are are always more then fare for what you get. Plenty of local places to eat within walking distance. The new owners Jim and Ted are in the process of having some construction done at the bar/restaurant that will be opening soon. I had the pleasure of being there Nov. 26th to Dec. 6th to experience the beginning of it. Can't wait to see the new and improved Sea Splash! This is a must try.

P.S. All the staff have wonderful smiles :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ginger C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My wife and I decided to go after a business trip fell through. When we got there we found out the hotel had changed owners and was not yet open. Not to worry, said Jim Hurt, a Chicago businessman and bar owner who was still in the processing of buying the Sea Splash Hotel. You can still stay here, or my driver will take you anywhere you want to go, he said. We stayed and we loved it. The rooms are clean and crafted with an old world charm. The beach is the most splendid I have ever waded into. My wife and I walked out hundreds of feet off shore from the hotel where we could still stand in crystal clear war. It was our second, second honeymoon. Yeah, mon.

It was off-season in late November. The dudes selling ganja can particularly obnoxious at the end of the low season when there still isn't much business around. So you gotta know how to say no and mean it. At the same time, there are lovely seaside restaurants a few minute's walk in either direction along the beach. And once Jim gets down with his renovation, the Sea Splash will serve (yeah we got the skinny on some plans) the only food of its kind in Negril, along with cold beer and drinks facing what is usually a calm, translucent blue sea. And the stand right next door on the beach run by JJ and Bob sell ice cold Red Stripes for 200 J.

Leo, in front of the beer stand, is a cool, chilled souvenir vendor, too. If you go, head down to Cosmos --past the colonies, as we dubbed them, or the Sandal's and Couple's retreats-- for great Jamaican food. (You can walk the entire length of the beach including through the resorts. You can also walk on the road or take a short cab ride to Cosmos.)

In short, Sea Splash is a charming place on an unbelievable beach. And Jim is cool, kind and will take care of you.

Yeah, mon. Chilax. Frank

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony overlooking the sea, if possible.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple