“Wonderful Stay Loved Seasplash”
Review of Yard Beach House

Yard Beach House
Ranked #12 of 46 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at Seasplash for a week and absolutely loved it. It was our 15th trip to Negril and we have stayed lots of places. I was kind of weary because of some of the reviews but they were before the new owners so once I realized that I decided to give it a try. now this has become our new favorite place to stay on the beach. Jim the new owner was great and the new improvements there are making Seasplash a great place to stay. It was our anniversary so he upgraded us to a suite that was just beautiful. All the linens on the beds and towels are brand new. Even brand new beach towels. Granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom and new toaster and coffeemaker. For me the most important thing for my vacation are a coffeemaker a clean room and hot water not only did we have that but everything in the room worked. There are 3 locks on both the entrance and patio doors so we always felt safe. Service was excellent. Every morning we went for a walk on the beach had some breakfast and by the time we came back housekeeping has been there to do the room. Everyday our housekeeper made a different design on our bed with towels and flowers and twice she even did it in the bathroom, and bonus, it meant we always had plenty of towels and washcloths. She also mopped the tile floors everyday. I have been places where they just sweep and only mop once or twice. I couldn't get our cable to work right the first night so we contacted the front desk and within 10 minuets There was someone there to help me and the problem was solved. The new bar area is being worked on and looks like it is going to be tons of fun, it is huge with both an downstairs and upstairs it ought to be quite the party place. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay on my vacation. We did the One Love Bus Crawl on Wednesday and it was a blast they picked us up right at the hotel. I would recommend Seasplash and will be back next year.

Room Tip: The one bedroom Suites are worth the little extra having the kitchen is great. Rooms in the 3rd bloc...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Prismrose1

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Having spent 17 days at Sea Splash I can say the disruption was minimal during the renovation. Our room was updated complete with marbel counter tops in the kitchen and bath area. As I travel extensively the service is up to the standards of any high end resort hotel. The new ownership has and is going out of thier way to provide a first class vacation experience. The location is excellent, the property clean, staff that is very well trained. No shortage of beach chairs, a sparkling swimming pool and hot tube manned for safety throughout the day. Beach security is provided, refreshments for the dining area and beach are available throughout the day.This is an excellent choice for an extended stay. The restaurant is very affordable and quite good, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will return to this property in the near future. TE Campbell

Room Tip: For no noise disruption from the beach bar ask for a room in the first block away from the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 11 January 2012

we arrived on dec 27 (2 parents;4 kids) and were told that, notwithstanding our fully paid reservation "there were no rooms available" and we were "on our own." it was out and out fraud. my wife had been in touch by phone the day berfore we arrived to confirm ! the new owner simply gave up the room to someone who showed up ahead of us, leaving us to scramble for hours on our own to find a room...in the most heavily booked week of the year. the worst travel experience in 40 years. do not trust him.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
19  Thank john c
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I just got home from a wonderful vacation in which my wife and I stayed at the Sea Splash. Nothing but good things to say about my stay and the warm and welcoming people who run the Sea Splash. I personaly got to know the new owner and he wanted nothing but feed back on how my stay was, that being good or bad. I had nothing but a great time with my stay. I had to read alot of reviews on many hotels in Negril and with my price range and wants it was perfect. your literaly steps from the rooms to the beautiful outdoor restaurant and bar overlooking the white sand beach. Many people in past reviews thought it needed some updating,they listened .While there the outdoor bar was getting a remodel. I felt very taken care of during my trip. I will be going back. Thanks again Jim and everyone at the Sea Splash.
Pat & Katy from Nebraska

Room Tip: I stayed in a suite which was huge and all the comforts I needed.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Patick S
Reviewed 18 December 2011

thanks to everyone at seasplash for a fabulous and unforgettable week in paradise.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Joannanightingale
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I just want to start off by saying thank you to all the staff at Seasplash (Soon to be Jim and Ted's excellent adventure) for making my stay the most welcoming and exciting it has ever been for me while travelling to Jamaica. This resort is literally smack dab in the middle of the 7 mile beach and is centrally located to all major attractions such as Mi Yard, Alfreds, and Rick's Cafe. This place could not get any better and it is definitely the spot to be if you want to have a great time. The rooms are very spacious, clean, tastefully decorated and have a separate living area and kitchen with granite counter tops. These rooms certainly feel like my home away from home. I will tell you honestly whoever is reading this review that I will never do the big wig resorts again as this is the way to go. I am so happy we gave this a chance and cant wait to return in a few months. Make sure you say hi to Boombastic for me and the rest of the gang (Winston, Leeroy, Natasha) and tell them "bacon and egg" sent you;) They will know what you mean.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Adrienne Y
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for many years and I love it. The rooms are cozy and comfy. A few things that make it worth while for me are having a kitchen to cook your own food, /C and also a safe for you you to keep your valuables in. Rates are are always more then fare for what you get. Plenty of local places to eat within walking distance. The new owners Jim and Ted are in the process of having some construction done at the bar/restaurant that will be opening soon. I had the pleasure of being there Nov. 26th to Dec. 6th to experience the beginning of it. Can't wait to see the new and improved Sea Splash! This is a must try.

P.S. All the staff have wonderful smiles :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family