“We weren't disappointed!”
Review of Yard Beach House

Yard Beach House
Ranked #12 of 46 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We made the switch from The Palms to Paradise Sea Splash last minute based on the reviews and we weren't disappointed!

My husband and I were celebrating our 1 year Anniversary after being married at an all-inclusive in Jamaica the year before. We fell in love with Negril and Paradise Sea Splash, and will think twice before going all-inclusive again. The ability to explore the beach and try out new restaurants and bars within walking distance each day, was wonderful! Not to mention heading up to the West End/Cliffs for a different vibe and experience altogether!

The Sea Splash property is beautiful, lush and private. Security is always at the gate to make sure only guests may enter. It's a small property and that much more intimate where the staff will know you by the 2nd day!

We had a large 2nd floor suite with king bed, full kitchen, great A/C, flat screen tv with cable and all the space we could ask for! The balcony was perfect for enjoying breakfast or a nightcap on but request a room on the 2nd floor if you'd like a little more privacy,

We took full advantage of the kitchen and took a cab to Hi-Lo in town for groceries and Red Stripes! There's also a mini-mart across the road to grab any quick munchies/supplies. The kitchen didn't have dishtowels/soap, but we just picked some up. Maybe the hotel will supply if you ask. FYI- when cooking/snacking in these tropical climates, be sure to clean up crumbs ASAP... even on your kitchen counter. Ants will be there within minutes if you don't, but disperse as soon as you clean up the mess.

We enjoyed both the hotel's ocean-side restaurant and bar for it's food,drinks and the fabulous views!

I can't say enough about the staff! They were so welcoming and helpful, from the front office staff, our maid, to Leroy our bartender, to the guy that moved my beach chair to my favorite spot and got me a new towel each morning!

Be sure to check out the little jerk chicken shack next door!

Room Tip: Request a 2nd floor for more privacy on your balcony. Upgrade to a suite for more room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AmbsBryck

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Check in was smooth and my room was ready when I arrived. I was in a basic room, but was clean, comfortable, with a king size bed, ice cold ac, and always a hot shower, what more could you ask for! The deck and pool area was the best nice dining area under a large thatch roof and the new bar is great spent hour on the deck listening to all the great music Winston was playing day and night! The bartenders were on top of things at all times, enjoyed lots of ice cold Redstripes and it was hard to leave as I was afraid I would miss some of the fun going on! Dave the beach security was there for all your needs weather it was to move your lounge, a beache towel, or whatever you needed! I usually prefer to stay on the westend, so after saying I would never stay that far down the beach in Negril again, this place changed my mind and its the first hotel on the beach after staying at several that I cant wait to go back to! Jim and Ted are great guys and if they keep doing what there doing it will be really hard to get a room at this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank poolguywindsor
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have just had a few days at Seasplash and what a great time it was. These guys have simply just got it right! Best stay in 13 years in Negril. Food was great, staff so friendly - nothing was a problem. Atmosphere was laid back but fun. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank annymc
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at Seasplash for a week and absolutely loved it. It was our 15th trip to Negril and we have stayed lots of places. I was kind of weary because of some of the reviews but they were before the new owners so once I realized that I decided to give it a try. now this has become our new favorite place to stay on the beach. Jim the new owner was great and the new improvements there are making Seasplash a great place to stay. It was our anniversary so he upgraded us to a suite that was just beautiful. All the linens on the beds and towels are brand new. Even brand new beach towels. Granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom and new toaster and coffeemaker. For me the most important thing for my vacation are a coffeemaker a clean room and hot water not only did we have that but everything in the room worked. There are 3 locks on both the entrance and patio doors so we always felt safe. Service was excellent. Every morning we went for a walk on the beach had some breakfast and by the time we came back housekeeping has been there to do the room. Everyday our housekeeper made a different design on our bed with towels and flowers and twice she even did it in the bathroom, and bonus, it meant we always had plenty of towels and washcloths. She also mopped the tile floors everyday. I have been places where they just sweep and only mop once or twice. I couldn't get our cable to work right the first night so we contacted the front desk and within 10 minuets There was someone there to help me and the problem was solved. The new bar area is being worked on and looks like it is going to be tons of fun, it is huge with both an downstairs and upstairs it ought to be quite the party place. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay on my vacation. We did the One Love Bus Crawl on Wednesday and it was a blast they picked us up right at the hotel. I would recommend Seasplash and will be back next year.

Room Tip: The one bedroom Suites are worth the little extra having the kitchen is great. Rooms in the 3rd bloc...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Prismrose1
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Having spent 17 days at Sea Splash I can say the disruption was minimal during the renovation. Our room was updated complete with marbel counter tops in the kitchen and bath area. As I travel extensively the service is up to the standards of any high end resort hotel. The new ownership has and is going out of thier way to provide a first class vacation experience. The location is excellent, the property clean, staff that is very well trained. No shortage of beach chairs, a sparkling swimming pool and hot tube manned for safety throughout the day. Beach security is provided, refreshments for the dining area and beach are available throughout the day.This is an excellent choice for an extended stay. The restaurant is very affordable and quite good, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will return to this property in the near future. TE Campbell

Room Tip: For no noise disruption from the beach bar ask for a room in the first block away from the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 11 January 2012

we arrived on dec 27 (2 parents;4 kids) and were told that, notwithstanding our fully paid reservation "there were no rooms available" and we were "on our own." it was out and out fraud. my wife had been in touch by phone the day berfore we arrived to confirm ! the new owner simply gave up the room to someone who showed up ahead of us, leaving us to scramble for hours on our own to find a room...in the most heavily booked week of the year. the worst travel experience in 40 years. do not trust him.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
19  Thank john c
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I just got home from a wonderful vacation in which my wife and I stayed at the Sea Splash. Nothing but good things to say about my stay and the warm and welcoming people who run the Sea Splash. I personaly got to know the new owner and he wanted nothing but feed back on how my stay was, that being good or bad. I had nothing but a great time with my stay. I had to read alot of reviews on many hotels in Negril and with my price range and wants it was perfect. your literaly steps from the rooms to the beautiful outdoor restaurant and bar overlooking the white sand beach. Many people in past reviews thought it needed some updating,they listened .While there the outdoor bar was getting a remodel. I felt very taken care of during my trip. I will be going back. Thanks again Jim and everyone at the Sea Splash.
Pat & Katy from Nebraska

Room Tip: I stayed in a suite which was huge and all the comforts I needed.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple