“Day trip to Seasplash”
Review of Yard Beach House

Yard Beach House
Ranked #20 of 50 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We took a tourbus to Negril for a day and Seasplash was our "home base" while on the 7-mile beach. While there, the staff was very friendly and welcoming. One the way out, either the owner or manager along with a housekeeper took the time to show us a couple of the rooms. This is definitely for the traveler who appreciates smaller boutique hotels. The suites are spacious and nicely maintained (they mentioned current refinishing of the rooms), the grounds are well maintained with nice tropical plants/trees, the location on the beach is good. When we return to Jamaica, our plans are to stay at the Seaplash!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda P

Reviewed 30 December 2012

My husband and I just traveled with 65 of our closest family and friends to Negril for our wedding. With the help of Isabelle Stewart (wedding planner extraordinaire) and the staff at Seasplash, we have not only had the wedding of our dreams, but it has also been stress-free from the moment we walked onto the property thanks to the wonderful staff at Seasplash. The hotel is under new management and Mr. and Mrs. Marley really care about their guests' enjoyment and comfort at the property and it shows through every interaction we've had with the staff.

When we started planning our wedding, we were looking for a moderately priced hotel on the beach that would allow all of our guests to come and go regardless of where they were staying. If you want a fancy all-inclusive hotel, this property is not for you. However, if you want a place where the staff make you feel as if the property is your home...this is it! If an AC wasn't working properly in a room, the staff was there that same day fixing it. Water pressure too low in your room? No problem...fixed within a couple hours. I want to acknowledge these things because I know I've read about them in previous reviews. Mrs. Marley told me from day one, if there's something we can do for you, please just ask!

On our wedding day, the staff really all pitched in to help Isabelle and make all of the details of our wedding possible. The best part for us was having the staff come out on the dance floor after dinner. I can't say enough good things about their hospitality.

Room Tip: Room 6 is a one bedroom suite (without a loft) with a balcony overlooking the pool. 1,6, 7, and 8 a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Iheartnegril
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We were in Negril for the Reggae 10K, which was awesome. Unfortunately, SeaSplash was not even average. Upon checking in, I handed the desk clerk a $20.00 (U.S.) bill, smiled, and politely said "This is for you. Anything you can do for us for our three days here will be appreciated." For the service we then received, an impartial observer would have thought we had asked them if we could stay for free. Though we had made our reservation weeks in advance, our room had just been painted when we arrived. The odor of wet paint was overpowering. The door to the room was sticking so bad from the slapdash paint job that it opened and shut only with force and a loud "bang". There was no hot water. The A.C. had not been turned on. The T.V. remote was not working.The room was well-worn and in poor repair. Curtains were torn. The shower head was so encrusted and stopped up that any average kitchen faucet could have put out more water. The A.C. did not respond to the remote control. We had to spend time tracking down maintenance people to fix the A.C. and get the hot water turned on. At no time were we offered any consideration for our difficulties with this lousy room (#2).

The Jamaican people we encountered everywhere, including this resort, were as polite and friendly as anyone could ask for. I had no intention of writing a review before we were treated like an afterthought at SeaSplash. Whether our terrible treatment was due more to negligence or incompetence on the part of the management I could not tell. Nevertheless, I feel compelled to put this "caveat emptor" out here on TripAdvisor as much in the hope of shocking this hotel's management into action as to offer fair warning to prospective guests.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask detailed questions about the room: "Will there be hot water when we...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lyman J
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Enjoyed a one bedroom suite with loft, full kitchen, and balcony in May. Room was adequately cleaned and fresh towels delivered daily. Norma's restaurant was a bit pricey for the quality of the meals, however the view of the beach while eating is awesome. Service at the bar was excellent. Although I didn't care for the way the owner (Jim) treated his staff or the lack of professionalism he displayed throughout my stay I would stay here again for the right price as I hear its under new ownership.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Loved our one bedroom suite that had cathedral ceilings, full kitchen, and a balcony that overlooked the pool. Housekeeping did a good job of making the beds. Breakfast at Norma's was nice in the morning overlooking the beach. The pool was a bit small but we spent more time out on the beach. The staff was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank esoterik9
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite and it was very spacious with a balcony, kitchen, dining area and livingroom. It was great having a refrigerator for beverages (Red Stripe beer!) and fruits. The food at Norma's is terrific; probably the best on the stretch of beach. Breakfast was included and was delicious. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.

I peeked into a standard room, which was quite snug, so if possible, try for a one-bedroom suite.

My only quibble would be the water pressure, which trickled to nothing at one point.

Room Tip: One-bedroom suites are spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelpro56V
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I'd like to thank Paula with her pleasant and friendly face at the front desk. Manners and respect to Carmen the maid who helped make my stay comfortable. Big up to Natasha for preparing fresh fruit smoothies for me..Blessing to Romain, the life guard and the security guards..and thank goodness for the tall genetleman manager, who walked the property in the evenings. I have to say the property is in much needed repair..on the other hand ...having beautiful foliage with fruiting trees was a pleasure to see as I walked along the beach path. In the evenings hand sized crabs roamed along the paths as well..My room seemed to be a standard type room..a large bed, a cooling air conditioner, tv, 2 sitting chairs, a dresser and mirror with end tables. The bathroom was a okay..all needed furnishings with a small changing space with shelves and a tiny safe. So..do not expect a laptop larger than 6 - 8 inches to fit in it..God told me to leave my 10in. home..glad I listened..lol.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor...do not book through Paradise Resorts agency...request a fridge, br...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends