“Laid back and comfortable stay”
Review of Yard Beach House

Yard Beach House
Ranked #12 of 46 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I got a Groupon for the Sea Splash for three nights. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a suite for no extra charge. The check in staff was very nice and helpful. The room was great especially for the price. It had a kitchenette with a full size fridge, king size bed, large closet, and a patio right across from the pool. The beach is perfect and there are two umbrellas already set up, first come first serve. There are additional loungers for guests' use but we were told the hotel had no extra umbrellas. Red Stripe was $2 which was great compared to other bars' prices. Definitely try the bar, great bartenders! The only two things that kept me from giving it a 5-star rating: the food and lack of internet service in the room. Stay away from the restaurant, the food is expensive and bad. As far as internet, it was only available in the lobby area. Hopefully that's something that will change in the future.
I would return to this hotel without any doubts. It is clean, well maintained, and most of the staff is extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rbita

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed 6 night and at Sea Splash Negril.I will admit my first take on this hotel was ,is this going to be a bad experience or a good one!It didn't take long before I got my answer! Sea Splash was better than I expected.Loved my ground floor room and the beautiful lush green plants surround it.Housekeepers were 100% kind and thoughtful always a bright gorgeous smile everyday.Never a problem running out of bathroom towels or beach towels for the beach.Norma's Restaurant is also a big added plus for Sea Splash Negril.Their jerk chicken and fries on the day of my arrival scored big time with me the remainder of my stay.I would without a doubt love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Enjoyed staying on the ground floor room better.Excellent lush gardens surrounded my room and window...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Stephen J
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed 6 nights here in July 2013.
It was fine, the staff are ok, not overtly friendly, but I think jamaican service is generally kind of chilled, but they could have been a bit nicer.
Norma's restaurant was not good. Breakfast was a joke, vegitarian option was the worst pasta ive eaten in my life.
The room was fine, a bit dark.
But if your looking for somewhere on a good part of Negril beach with a nice hang out area on the resort then this is perfect. And its not too expensive. My ownly real issue was the food. And the prices of drinks changed each day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SuileEile
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Will never stay at this hotel again. Just horrible. Nothing worked in the room. The toilet didn't flush, The a/c did not work. The rooms are rundown and in desperate need of renovation. I was there Memorial Day weekend with friends and one couple left to stay at another hotel while the rest of us just suffered. Do not waste your money this is not a resort. More like a dump.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Witfame
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Overall, I enjoyed my time (3 nights)at Sea Splash in spite of the hiccups. I will say first the service is phenomenonal! They go out of their way to accommodate you. Shaneek was exceptional! Always pleasant. Marley was a gem, he offered me a ride into town. Both of them went above and beyond consistently.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Najat8
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have been here once before, this time we booked direct and got a really Good deal, it is just about the Best spot on Negril Beach, there have been some not so nice reviews but it is a long story so I will keep it short, Yes it was a Fab hotel a few years ago, but after a change in Management things started to slip just a bit, I am Happy to report that it has come back under the Direct control of the Owners, and is on the way back to being Great once again, hence the refurbish, some people have complained about some of the rooms, fair comment, But you can not then moan, if they then try to put things Right, also there are two types of people who go to Negril, All Inclusive, and the People really in the know who go for the Real Jamaica ! nothing wrong with all inclusive, if you have money to Burn, and you do get Prompt service for food etc, But when you do the Maths it usually is a better deal to sort it out yourself, and if you have ever spent circa 11 hours on a plane (bad weather etc ) you do Not want to be in a Bucket seat, also if you go to one of the smaller hotels, you get to meet the Real People, as the all ins tend to try and keep you on the Reservation, in case you find just how friendly People are, and how Cheap it can be to be on the same beach, and see the same Sunset, OK so some people are a little intimidated by the Beach sellers, but really if you are Polite they will leave you alone, and after all they are only trying to make a Living, don't forget there are No Hand outs in Jamaica ! getting around is quite Easy always ask for a Route Taxi, you will have to share But the price is Really cheap, ask at the Front desk and they will tell you the going rate, but if you are a bit shy, You can always go for a Charter, again ask at your front desk, and remember Always haggle a bit, I have stayed at several different small hotels over the years, But Seasplash is by far the Best, Good food, Nice staff, Nice rooms a stones throw from the beach, and almost in the middle of Negril, so guess what I will be going back there again One day !

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I'm late writing this but returned from Seasplash 12/12. Having stayed in Negril many of times...It was ok. Lets just say it was my least favorite. Rocky start but got better. Check in...We were informed they had run out of locks for the room safe and were unable to get more for a day or so. Yes they were still using old school lock/key safe. Anyway...This meant I was to hold my passport and all of my cash on me until a lock could be provided? I requested to transfer to another hotel. Wouldn't you know a new lock appeared w/in an hour. I am usually a guest of Co Co La Palm or Tree house, just wanted something new. I heard the had turned over management so a lot of renovations going on while I was there. Which can be a little annoying. The air con vents were super super dirty which led to being sick all week. However, the room was always clean. I am not the type to complain but rooms/hotel needs TLC. I guess the renovations will help but just stinks to have them going on while staying there. Good thing they have some great specials/rates going on. The food is ok not bad just ok. I usually eat roadside so for the $ better food down the beach or in the cliffs if you want a sit down. On the upside the staff from the bar, lobby, and housekeeping were all wonderful. They would maybe get me to come back and give it another go. This hotel has a lot of repeat guests, I guess it's all a matter of preference. I would not book this for young children. Headed back in November 11/13, not to Seasplash, I will check on progress.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple