We had a wonderful guesthouse experience at Jackie’s On the Reef, the perfect re-entry to Jamaica after a twenty-year absence. I went with my teenage daughter and stayed for four nights in the main house. I loved the open-air bathroom and spaciousness of our room. I am a tai chi practitioner, and the pavilion where yoga classes were held was perfect for tai chi as well. We easily got to know our fellow guests, eating meals around one table and taking yoga together. Jackie herself is a gem--full of humor and wisdom.
Every morning we had yoga in the open-air pavilion facing the sea, then were served breakfast with local fruits and vegetables. Jackie’s is a sanctuary of peace and quiet—no cell phones--good for study, contemplation, meditation, yoga, tai chi, healing of any kind, and horizon gazing. I floated in the sea pools, had spa treatments, and one of the most restful naps of my life out on the pavilion one afternoon. The signature scrub spa treatment with Paulette was amazing and world-class, highly recommended.
Later we went on to a more traditional hotel experience (teen-ager), and I appreciated that we began our adventure in the meditative, tai chi friendly, peace and calm of Jackie’s on the Reef. Jamaica, and Negril especially, has many choices for accommodations with restaurants and bars, reggae music, hustle, and bustle. It’s a fun place. For those looking for a different side of Jamaica, Jackie’s is a great alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Majestic Wellness Center Guesthouse and Spa. Overlooking 180 degrees of the natural curvature of Mother Earth. On the beautiful Turquoise Caribbean Sea in Negril, Jamaica. Come and clear your mind, body and spirit as you reconnect to nature and yourself in a safe and serene environment. Each morning yoga and meditation, healthy gourmet food, relaxing massages, what else can you ask for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Jackie's on the Reef reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackie`s On The Reef Hotel Negril
- Jackies On The Reef Negril