“Coco LaCalm”
Review of CocoLaPalm Resort

CocoLaPalm Resort
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 27 March 2011

My husband and I booked Coco LaPalm after staying at another hotel at Xmas and thinking it was a rip-off. We absolutely LOVED Coco LaPalm. It has two pools, one for adults and one for kids, but we used both and enjoyed peaceful afternoons floating on air mattresses and staring at the blue skies and palm trees. The beach is spectacular and you never have to worry about getting a beach chair. The hot tub is amazing, also and HUGE, nicely nestled amongst the palm trees.

The restaurant is fine, with a nice happy hour from 5-7 from Tues. - Sun. Monday night they do a great cocktail party with hors-d'oeuvres and drinks, free, from 6-7, plus entertainment. The staff is friendly and attentive. Our maid was excellent and punctual.

I can't say enough about how relaxing and enjoyable we found our stay here. I would definitely go back. Negril has one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Thank you, Jamaica.

2  Thank Livingston1

Reviewed 26 March 2011

This year was our fist stay at CoCo LaPalm and our second trip to Negril. Last year we stayed at Rooms on the Beach which though nice, felt very generic. We wanted a place that was comfortable, where the other guests and the staff would be fun. CoCo was the perfect place for us. The week we were there the hotel was full and we were assigned one of the less desirable superior rooms #311 that someone else slammed in a previous review. We couldn't move but it ended up being ok. Only complaint is that there isn't much of a patio there. The road noise isn't loud - no worse than any other hotel. Next year I would like to stay in a 2nd floor room. The hot tub was fun at night. Breakfast service was only slow for us 1 day - rest of the time it was great! Beach bar has good food for lunch. For dinner there are better options available. Perfect Beach and pools. And, evening activities in the bar, the bar is fun. Security was very good, you could claim your beach chair for the day, go to lunch and come back and your towels would still be there. They kept the vendors away if the guest weren't interested - it is a lot calmer near CoCo too.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 20 March 2011

My husband and I stayed in a Jr. Suite, # 516, for five nights. The room had two queen beds, nice balcony with two lounge chairs and a small table with 4 chairs, all overlooking the main pool, with children enjoying the pool usually in the morning. They were all relatively quiet and well behaved children. The wifi worked perfectly in the room. The bed was comfortable and the room was kept clean, thanks to Marie. The bathroom had the double shower; the water pressure was low, but there was always plenty of hot water. I do prefer room # 526 which has a king bed and faces away from the pool. We had breakfast at the hotel every morning, which varied depending on what was ordered. The beach bar and grill is a nice convenience, but we there are plenty of other options on the beach. We always enjoy a Coco melt upon our arrival. We ate dinner at the restaurant on our first night, and then tried different restaurants each evening. Their restaurant is just okay in my opinion, much better options nearby. The beach is nice with plenty of chairs and shade and good towel service. The security is top notch as well. Overall a pleasant stay in Negril, our fourth trip to Coco, and our 9th trip to Negril, and I would return to Coco again without hesitation, as well as to my other favorite hotel in the immediate vicinity.

3  Thank lscnj
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I just got home to Connecticut, so a little tired and beat up. I have frequented JA many times. So this is not an exited novice review. To make a long story short, CocoLaPalm was a great find. Good price, good staff, right on beach, right across from excellent restaurants like "Best of the West", Coletta's, Miss Sonia's, etc. My housekeeper was Erika. You will be lucky if you have her to keep your room clean and in order. All the staff was cool. But the best part was the ease of relaxation at this place. We will return when business allows.
If I ran a place on the beach in Negril, I would hope for it to be like this place. they also give a free continental breakfast. But you can get an enhanced breakfast, and they take the price of what the continental breakfast would have cost off the price. So a really nice omelette ends up costing like $3. No real need for taxis because you can walk to so many places. Cool place. I am just depressed that I had to leave.

2  Thank SeniorDaddy
Reviewed 18 March 2011

For the value, location, and attention to detail, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS PROPERTY. The rooms are cleaned daily (unlike other resorts) and the housekeeper made cute animals out of fresh towels and flowers and placed them on our bed. The menu at the restaurant is vastly improved, and we had a wonderful multi-course meal under a grape tree on the beach one night, with candles, flowers, and formal service. I hired a couple of beach musicians, which was fine with resort, and the resort staff gift wrapped a sculpture I bought for my husband. They were so helpful and IT WAS SO ROMANTIC!! The staff really go out of their way to make guests feel comfortable, and we hope to make it a yearly trip to Coco LaPalm. It's location on the beach is perfect, and they have a lot of natural SHADE trees on the beach, which is a very important when one needs to retreat from the intense sunshine. Many resorts don't have adequate shady spots and the only respite is hiding in the hotel room. The beach is cleared of debris and raked daily, which is nice.

2  Thank TheMelbys
Reviewed 15 March 2011

WOOOW just got back yesterday, had a GREAT time!!!

Coco LaPalm is definitely a hidden gem.. The pictures really do not do this place justice. My boyfriend booked the trip as a surprise so I didn't choose this place. When he told me about it and went on line to look at the pictures, honestly, I was a little "eh".. But once I got there, my mind was totally changed! It's not a fancy place, but it's really cute and quaint. The rooms and grounds are immaculately maintained, the staff is super friendly and welcoming, they have good security, the food at the restaurants was AMAZING (Highly recommend jerk chicken!!), drinks were great (still missing my Dirty Banana), everything was just a pleasure, what can I say.. I was so sad to leave.

Would definitely come back here, next time we'll definitely stay longer!

1  Thank BKSweetheart
Reviewed 14 March 2011

After spending every March in Cancun, we were ready to try something new. The violence in Mexico helped with this decision! The hotel is not a huge mega resort, very intimate. Close proximity to many other restraunts and little bars. You could always find something just walking on the beach. The rooms were clean, the food was pretty good, but the best part was their beach! If you are going to Negril, this is probably the best on 7 mile beach. Came home on 3/12 and miss it terribly!

1  Thank trichickLeClaire_IA