“Our Favorite Resort on The Beach”
Review of CocoLaPalm Resort

CocoLaPalm Resort
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 22 March 2014

25+ Trips to Negril..CocoLaPalm is the best ! Service-Cleanliness- location-food-beach-value just cant be beat!..You wont go wrong here...3) 10 day stays this year alone..Very friendly staff from the front desk to manager to gardener...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don H

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Nice hotel in a excellent location. The view was wonderful. All hotel staff was very friendly as well as very helpful. IT felt like home especially all the trees and mango tree. We still has some complaints like from our room we can here street noises some time it was annoying. There was no conditioner in the bathroom and it was difficult after dipping in salt water for 8 hours every day. Staffs are excellent especially Beverly from house keeping and F&B staffs. We had the best time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We always stay in Kingston Jamaica, but go to Negril for a week and always book into CocoLaPalm. Lovely hotel and walk onto the beach, staff are very friendly and accommodating. One of the occasions I checked in the hot water wasn't working so I was upgraded to another bigger room free of charge. Outstanding service and will always go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Its never a good idea to anger a travel writer who is trying to have a vacation at your resort, but CocoLaPalm sure manage to do it well.

The check-in at the front desk is fine and the front office always did a good and professional job in the week I was there, but that was where it ended. I brought my family of 10 for a week-long big birthday celebration and was very disappointed with my stay.

Coordinating everyone in my party was difficult and accessing Wi-Fi was essential for me. Turns out, it was down and the front desk was sending everyone over to the SandyHaven side of the CocoLaPalm property to filch their signal, which was very reliable. Not nice! After making a fuss at the front desk, someone came in 2 hours later to re-boot the servers. For the entire week though, the signal all over the property was weak-to-non-existent, and other guests confirmed that its always like this, some say year in and out.

The service in restaurants was very slow, catatonic at times, and some of the waitresses, like may of the service people on the property, were surly and not that helpful. The beach is poorly patrolled and the towel service chaotic. The food was, for the most part sub-standard to downright awful.

I'm paying really big bucks for this gig and expect better. So I go to the front desk to talk to the owner. He/she lives in Wisconsin. The local manager is not available, I'm assured that the sales and marketing manager, Carlene Turner-Gayle will get back to me. I leave my card, making it clear that I'm a travel writer and that I'd like to talk to her about a few issues. In the entire week, nobody contacted me. (Note that management never responds to negative Tripadvisor reviews. A SURE WARNING SIGNAL TO STAY AWAY).

Overall, the property is lovely, but over-priced, with the the management too hands-off, and uncaring. The room furnishings are cheap and becoming worn. After a week, I moved right next door to the Charela Inn, had a fabulous week there with a hands-on manager who understands the meaning of customer service.

My bottom line ---- STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank albrigi
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Hotel was nice. First time we stay there. We just stayed in a standard room and it was very nice. Read so much about up grading your room, and I am glad we did not, as how much time do you really spend in your room, not much. And the room was nice and big, with a big porch.
All of the help could not have been nicer to you, and if you needed anything they tried their best to get it for you.
The food was very good, but to high priced. Many other place to eat on the beach that are just as good and a lot cheaper.

Room Tip: I would not stay on rooms 802, 806, or 807
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank dayoMinnesota
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just got back from spending 8 days at Cocolapalm. It was amazing!!!! 7 mile beach is incredible. There is so much to experience down there. The employees are very friendly and go out of there way to make sure you enjoy yourself. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the restaurants could use some improvement. Its really not a big deal because there are soooooo many other great restaurants nearby. I really don't understand these people who give this place a bad review. People complaining because they can't get on the internet. Really? you are in paradise and you want to waste you time playing on the internet? Stay at home then if the internet is that important to you. Some complain because of the tv. Seriously? you are on vacation. Why are you watching t.v? There is so much to do in Negril, Why are you wasting you day watching tv? If you don't enjoy rest and relaxation. This place is not for you. But if you do, this is as close to paradise as you will get.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jeff w
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I would like to start this review by stating that we did not stay at this resort but chose to eat breakfast here several times while staying on Seven Mile Beach. The small botique hotel we stayed at this Feb. did not offer much in regards to breakfast so we ventured out to try other locations. We were so pleased with the breakfast menu that we came back a few times before our week ended. The menu items were varied, the staff was professional and courteous and the prices were extremely fair--considering that this is a beautiful resort--and the food was delicious! The continental breakfast option comes with a choice of juice or fruit, unlimited coffee (to die for) and a huge basket of breads including banana break, muffins, whole wheat toast and danish--far too much for one to eat alone! From what we could see of the resort (we took a tour for next year's consideration), the grounds were well managed, the beach front was clean and well kept with many chairs, souvenirs and massage areas offered---and the guests were happy to be there. Give it a look, or at least use this best kept secret for a breakfast option--I know that we will again on our next trip to Negril. Thank you to the hotel management for offering such an option to guests not staying at the resort. Well done and very much appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple