“Don't have a wedding here”
Review of CocoLaPalm Resort

CocoLaPalm Resort
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I recently tried to plan a wedding at Cocolapalm. I ended up having to cancel the wedding and find another venue because the service there was so terrible. They acted as if they've never planned a wedding before. I had to initiate everything and when I asked for standard information my requests were either ignored or partially answered after a long waiting period. I complained several times that the service was awful and it remained the same. Planning a wedding is stressful enough as it is and CocoLaPalm did nothing but add to that stress. Save yourself the trouble and go else where.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Alicia F

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Just got back from 5 nights at CocoLaPalm, definitely not long enough! Love this place. Best spot on the beach. Grounds are beautiful. Rooms very clean, thank you Erica! Easy check in and check out. Security is great. It has been six years since I have been here, after doing all inclusive, this was a nice change of pace. So many restaurants and bars up and down the beach. Love Coco and will be back!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank crazy4negril
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed for 10 days in February and again 10 days in March. The breakfast is fabulous! And the banana bread is dearly missed now that we are back home. Antonette (sp?) is a wonderful server. Erica is the best housekeeper and always made us smile with her towel art. Andrew the beach guard/manager always kept his eyes open and was always ready to answer any questions and help in anyway possible and Steve and Jermaine were always willing to set up a beach lounger. These people are such a huge asset to this hotel and really enjoy what they do. Many have been there for several years. Can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: In February we stayed in room 430 which was awesome. In March we stayed in room 323 and it was fair...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jodster54
Reviewed 22 March 2014

25+ Trips to Negril..CocoLaPalm is the best ! Service-Cleanliness- location-food-beach-value just cant be beat!..You wont go wrong here...3) 10 day stays this year alone..Very friendly staff from the front desk to manager to gardener...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don H
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Nice hotel in a excellent location. The view was wonderful. All hotel staff was very friendly as well as very helpful. IT felt like home especially all the trees and mango tree. We still has some complaints like from our room we can here street noises some time it was annoying. There was no conditioner in the bathroom and it was difficult after dipping in salt water for 8 hours every day. Staffs are excellent especially Beverly from house keeping and F&B staffs. We had the best time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We always stay in Kingston Jamaica, but go to Negril for a week and always book into CocoLaPalm. Lovely hotel and walk onto the beach, staff are very friendly and accommodating. One of the occasions I checked in the hot water wasn't working so I was upgraded to another bigger room free of charge. Outstanding service and will always go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Its never a good idea to anger a travel writer who is trying to have a vacation at your resort, but CocoLaPalm sure manage to do it well.

The check-in at the front desk is fine and the front office always did a good and professional job in the week I was there, but that was where it ended. I brought my family of 10 for a week-long big birthday celebration and was very disappointed with my stay.

Coordinating everyone in my party was difficult and accessing Wi-Fi was essential for me. Turns out, it was down and the front desk was sending everyone over to the SandyHaven side of the CocoLaPalm property to filch their signal, which was very reliable. Not nice! After making a fuss at the front desk, someone came in 2 hours later to re-boot the servers. For the entire week though, the signal all over the property was weak-to-non-existent, and other guests confirmed that its always like this, some say year in and out.

The service in restaurants was very slow, catatonic at times, and some of the waitresses, like may of the service people on the property, were surly and not that helpful. The beach is poorly patrolled and the towel service chaotic. The food was, for the most part sub-standard to downright awful.

I'm paying really big bucks for this gig and expect better. So I go to the front desk to talk to the owner. He/she lives in Wisconsin. The local manager is not available, I'm assured that the sales and marketing manager, Carlene Turner-Gayle will get back to me. I leave my card, making it clear that I'm a travel writer and that I'd like to talk to her about a few issues. In the entire week, nobody contacted me. (Note that management never responds to negative Tripadvisor reviews. A SURE WARNING SIGNAL TO STAY AWAY).

Overall, the property is lovely, but over-priced, with the the management too hands-off, and uncaring. The room furnishings are cheap and becoming worn. After a week, I moved right next door to the Charela Inn, had a fabulous week there with a hands-on manager who understands the meaning of customer service.

My bottom line ---- STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family