“"Great Stay! Will Return”
Review of CocoLaPalm Resort

CocoLaPalm Resort
Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Negril
“"Great Stay! Will Return”
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I've been to jamaica over 20 times, stayed at various hotels. I originally booked for another hotel that i'm used to, they could not accommodate me. No love lost, I had a wonderful stay at CLP. I must say, I was not disappointed, for the price, location, staff and the well kept rooms( i'm big on clean), it was well worth it. Security is great, you have access to the 7 mile beach, other restaurants and activities nearby. I stayed in the junior suite, very happy with the room. Remember, this is not a 5 star hotel, simple , but nice, it has more of a rustic feel. i would definitely recommend and return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lah1546

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Finnish first
Austin, TX
Reviewed 30 August 2010

After spending our honeymoon at CCLP 7 years ago and having a super time, my wife and I decided to return. Once again, it was absolutely wonderful and perhaps one of my favorite places, anywhere in the world, to spend a vacation ! We hated that we had to leave and return to reality. We upgraded to a beachfront in the new building and loved it. 20 yards from the ocean. The room was very clean. The staff are so sincerely friendly and gracious, and always a smile from them. They are there to help you in anyway possible. The morning breakfasts are very tasty and the beach grill is most accommodating. Marley's restaurant is good in the evenings when sand gravity has had it's way. It is quiet and the grounds are beautifully kept. We felt as secure there as in our own home. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Miguelito4
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I'd stayed at Cocolapalm 4 times previously, but it had been about 5 years since my last stay there. I'd ventured away only because of financial reasons, and no other. I've stayed at many places on the beach, such as: Country Country, Rondel, White Sands, Legends, Caribbean Sunset, Hedonism, Rooms on the Beach, and Grand Pineapple, so I have a broad experience of hotels in the area. Coco is in a great location. I was traveling solo and this was a wonderful choice for me. I felt safe and the staff was just so nice. I had booked a standard room. Because I am disabled, I spend more time in the room than the average traveler probably does, so the hotel I stay in weighs a little heavier than it used to. The standard room was in the long building closest to Idle Awhile. My room faced the garden side-room 821. It had a little covered veranda area with a table and two chairs. Inside the room, I had a king size bed with a colorful bedspread, an end table beside the bed, a table and two chairs, a loveseat, a small refrigerator, dresser, and safe. The bathroom had a walk-in tiled shower (no tub). The cost of the room came with continental breakfast, which I believe was $6.50 US. If you didn't want the continental breakfast, the money could be used towards something else on the breakfast menu and you'd be billed the difference. I was stuck on the ackee and saltfish :) It came with a boiled banana, two fried dumplins, yam, plantains, and sweet bread. It also included your choice of juice and coffee. It was very tasty!
Getting back to the room.....the air conditioning worked very well. It actually got too chilly and I had to turn it off at times. I am a person that likes my AC so saying it's too cool isn't normally in my vocabulary. There was also a ceiling fan. One of the things I really liked was there was an in room safe that was also INCLUDED in the price of the room. At most places, you always have to rent them, so I thought that was great! Also internet access, which again there is normally a charge for at other places, was available free to everyone on property. You'll just need to ask for an access code and password when you check in and they'll give it to you at the front desk. I had brought a netbook, which fit perfectly into the safe. When I checked in, they said the internet works best by the pool, but I had no problems picking up a signal from my room. The ladies that cleaned the rooms were also very friendly. The room was really spotless. In looking at the corners of the floor, on the window sills, or in places that would show dust, there was none. It was quite impressive. Even though it's a little more than some of the other hotels, it's well worth the price because of breakfast being included, a safe, and internet access. Plus the beach is wider there than a lot of other properties. The almond trees give good shade for those seeking breaks from the sun. I really can't say enough good about the place. I would recommend it for families or solo travelers.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank sherryva
Chicago
Reviewed 21 August 2010

This is my third stay at Cocolapalm from July 9-July 16.. The friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, location in the middle of the seven mile beach, not to mention you get more for your money says it all. I only stay in the junior suites which are very spacious with a huge balcony. Beach is very clean, clear and shallow with sun or shade. Food at the beach grill is very tasty. Security is great and management is very accomodating. If you have champagne taste and beer money, you will at least feel like you're getting good wine.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Whisper1
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Coco LaPalm was much more than we expected. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous and lush with every kind of tropical plant you can imagine. Th pictures on their website and in the brochure do not do the place justice! Our room was plenty big for the 2 of us and it had a fridge, coffee maker and a great big bathroom with an in-room safe. Our maid, Erica, kept our room really clean, restocked our coffee, and surprised us everyday with a new flower or towel arrangement, which was so sweet. The 2 pools were more than enough and extremely clean, and the hot tub was huge and very secluded by vegetation. During our stay in July, we had the pool and hot tub to ourselves alot. There was also no rule that you had to stay out of the pool at night either, like at some all-inclusives. The staff was very friendly, kind and helpful. The guys that raked the beach every day did a great job, and the gardeners keep the grounds beautiful. The security on the beach was very comforting, keeping our stuff safe while we swam, and keeping the vendors at bay. Most of the the other places along the beach did not have any security at all. They had a some night time entertainment as well, including live reggae bands, a complimentary cocktail party and a talent show with dancing. If you leave the hotel, which is located in the middle of 7 mile beach, you don't have to go far to find entertainment, food and nightlife. I think Coco was one of the most beautiful places to stay at, and we definitely want to go back! I already miss my rum punches!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PamEvans
Boston, MA
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I usually stay at the Negril Tree House Resort when I go to Jamaica but this time I decided to try another hotel so I selected this one. Overall, I got what I paid for (standard room) which was not bad. The hotel staff were very nice and beach distance from my room was good as well. The only thing that I was bothered with were the hotel rules of having to checkout with security when you were leaving the premises, checking in visitors, and visitors were only allowed to stay until 10pm or else you would be charged a fee. I literally felt like I was back home with my parents. I definitely was not accustom to these rules. I prefer the Negril Tree House where their rules are less lenient and you come and go as you please and can have visitors for as long as you want. Other than that the hotel was okay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank AKALEEZA
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My family stayed here in mid-July and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We were in a superior room right on the beach and although we were concerned about privacy at first there was absolutely no problem as we continued our stay. The room was a nice size and was very clean. The bathroom was also a nice size and equally clean. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job and Andrew the security guard made his presence felt on the beach. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer beach front hotel in Negril at such a reasonable price. Staying here you get an actual feel for Jamaica and get to experience talking with locals and merchants and just overall freedom as compared to being held up in an all-inclusive all day long. We will definitely return to the Coco La Palm! P.S. Eddy across the street at Best of West has some of the best Jerk Chicken I've ever tasted!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family