“better hotels on the blvd” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
CocoLaPalm Resort
Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Negril
London
“better hotels on the blvd”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

On a recent stay at this hotel I felt like I was trapped in 1970
The staff were unhelpful during my stay I think this hotel is in a wonderful location but need to be renevated

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Finnish first
Navesink, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

After a terrible time at a most unpleasant B&B in Maine (my charitable review of the place was answered with transparent lies by the innkeeper), we needed a relaxing vacation. We went to Jamaica on a whim and were very happy. We just returned from our second trip to CocoLaPalm this year. If possible, this trip was even lovelier than our first visit. We were greeted warmly by the staff, taken to our king suite, (a HUGE octagonal room with kitchen area, very large terrace with lounge chairs and an outdoor dining area and a large bath with double shower and sinks). Each day when we returned from the beach, our room was made up with fresh flowers on the pillows, just one of the welcoming touches. We made use of the two large swimming pools as well as the garden hot tub, but spent most of our time on the beach. Whether sitting under the almond trees watching the endless parade of 'beach people' or enjoying the warm, clear turquoise water, our relaxing week at CocoLaPalm went by much too quickly, and we are already planning to return during our winter break.

The restaurant was quite good, as usual, with friendly service and delicious food. Our only complaint was that the snack bar on the beach is exceedingly slow. Count on waiting at least 30 minutes for your order...even if you are the only customer. Time to slow down and enjoy 'island time'. Frankly, the food at the snack bar is not that enticing nor is it worth the wait as there is a wonderful 'chicken shack' BEST IN THE WEST, almost directly across the street. Great jerk chicken, lobster and more in an unpretentious roadside setting. There is also a tiny convenience store across the street.; a small pink house that stocks everything, literally, from soup (packaged powdered chicken noodle) to nuts (bags of peanuts). They have hot homemade patties, breads and packaged cakes, sodas, liquors, aspirin, ice cream, and virtually anything else that a visitor may want. The owner's small son is often there, watching the grownups playing dominoes and coloring in his one coloring book. He asked us to send him some new ones. We will do that, but any visitor to the area would be doing a sweet child a favor by bringing him some art supplies. The hotel is also directly across the street from a Catholic church.

Remember to tip well; these are hard-working people. There is a family of friendly cats who like to visit with the guests...they are adorable and quite well-behaved. Enjoy the sunsets, they are spectacular, as is all of Negril, Jamaica; truly the capital of casual relaxation.

2 Thank Florie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

Coco LaPalm was an absolute STEAL for the money! The price was so great that we upgraded to the Junior Deluxe Suite and it was more than we had hoped for! We were about 10 steps from the beach and practically in the center of Seven Mile Beach. There were natives that walked up and down the beach selling fresh fruit and lobsters, there are opportunities to horse back ride, jet ski, para sail, you name it, you can do it! Not to mention there is miles of beach to walk up and down that embody other restaurants, clubs, activities and anything else you may want to get involved in! I definitely recommend this hotel for your stay in Negril. As a matter of fact, I'm already planning my next trip there!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank 1nternational-Player
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

I've been to jamaica over 20 times, stayed at various hotels. I originally booked for another hotel that i'm used to, they could not accommodate me. No love lost, I had a wonderful stay at CLP. I must say, I was not disappointed, for the price, location, staff and the well kept rooms( i'm big on clean), it was well worth it. Security is great, you have access to the 7 mile beach, other restaurants and activities nearby. I stayed in the junior suite, very happy with the room. Remember, this is not a 5 star hotel, simple , but nice, it has more of a rustic feel. i would definitely recommend and return to this hotel.

2 Thank lah1546
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

After spending our honeymoon at CCLP 7 years ago and having a super time, my wife and I decided to return. Once again, it was absolutely wonderful and perhaps one of my favorite places, anywhere in the world, to spend a vacation ! We hated that we had to leave and return to reality. We upgraded to a beachfront in the new building and loved it. 20 yards from the ocean. The room was very clean. The staff are so sincerely friendly and gracious, and always a smile from them. They are there to help you in anyway possible. The morning breakfasts are very tasty and the beach grill is most accommodating. Marley's restaurant is good in the evenings when sand gravity has had it's way. It is quiet and the grounds are beautifully kept. We felt as secure there as in our own home. I can't wait to return!

2 Thank Miguelito4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

I'd stayed at Cocolapalm 4 times previously, but it had been about 5 years since my last stay there. I'd ventured away only because of financial reasons, and no other. I've stayed at many places on the beach, such as: Country Country, Rondel, White Sands, Legends, Caribbean Sunset, Hedonism, Rooms on the Beach, and Grand Pineapple, so I have a broad experience of hotels in the area. Coco is in a great location. I was traveling solo and this was a wonderful choice for me. I felt safe and the staff was just so nice. I had booked a standard room. Because I am disabled, I spend more time in the room than the average traveler probably does, so the hotel I stay in weighs a little heavier than it used to. The standard room was in the long building closest to Idle Awhile. My room faced the garden side-room 821. It had a little covered veranda area with a table and two chairs. Inside the room, I had a king size bed with a colorful bedspread, an end table beside the bed, a table and two chairs, a loveseat, a small refrigerator, dresser, and safe. The bathroom had a walk-in tiled shower (no tub). The cost of the room came with continental breakfast, which I believe was $6.50 US. If you didn't want the continental breakfast, the money could be used towards something else on the breakfast menu and you'd be billed the difference. I was stuck on the ackee and saltfish :) It came with a boiled banana, two fried dumplins, yam, plantains, and sweet bread. It also included your choice of juice and coffee. It was very tasty!
Getting back to the room.....the air conditioning worked very well. It actually got too chilly and I had to turn it off at times. I am a person that likes my AC so saying it's too cool isn't normally in my vocabulary. There was also a ceiling fan. One of the things I really liked was there was an in room safe that was also INCLUDED in the price of the room. At most places, you always have to rent them, so I thought that was great! Also internet access, which again there is normally a charge for at other places, was available free to everyone on property. You'll just need to ask for an access code and password when you check in and they'll give it to you at the front desk. I had brought a netbook, which fit perfectly into the safe. When I checked in, they said the internet works best by the pool, but I had no problems picking up a signal from my room. The ladies that cleaned the rooms were also very friendly. The room was really spotless. In looking at the corners of the floor, on the window sills, or in places that would show dust, there was none. It was quite impressive. Even though it's a little more than some of the other hotels, it's well worth the price because of breakfast being included, a safe, and internet access. Plus the beach is wider there than a lot of other properties. The almond trees give good shade for those seeking breaks from the sun. I really can't say enough good about the place. I would recommend it for families or solo travelers.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank sherryva
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

This is my third stay at Cocolapalm from July 9-July 16.. The friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, location in the middle of the seven mile beach, not to mention you get more for your money says it all. I only stay in the junior suites which are very spacious with a huge balcony. Beach is very clean, clear and shallow with sun or shade. Food at the beach grill is very tasty. Security is great and management is very accomodating. If you have champagne taste and beer money, you will at least feel like you're getting good wine.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple