“Wow”
Review of Tensing Pen Resort

Tensing Pen Resort
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My wife and I stayed 8 nights-- it was so perfect. The rooms are beautiful and food excellent. If you are looking for a place to unwind this is it. Better then the pictures!!! Not a place for the super active.....a place to read, swim, snorkel, relax at the bar and forget about everything. Have you ever been disappointed when you got to a resort. The pictures just aren't accurate? This place is better then any pictures. Now if I can only convince my wife to return. The only downside was the Tax to the resort.....a depressing view of Jamaica. Ps-- go in the summer-- price was better then a NY motel and some nights only 5-10 people in whole place!!!!!!

Room Tip: Get Rock Cottage 1 0r 2....we also loved the cove cottage-- spent a few nights in each!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David M

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This has to be the world's best place on Earth to vacation in Negril. My husband and I renewed our vows in December 2012 and been in love with Tensing Pen since. You check in as a guest but leave as family. Everything was perfect and you couldn't ask for nicer staff. We are planning,already booked actually, another trip to Tensing Pen in November this year. I couldn't think of anywhere else I want to be in Jamaica than here. Thanks for the memories. Jaime in Illinois

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be perfect no matter which one you choose, but the one we loved the most is th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jaime T
Reviewed 18 January 2014

As others say this place is a hidden gem in Negril. This was the most romantic vacation my husband and I have been on so far, in the most beautiful location imaginable. Staying in the cove cottage we had great views of the sunset, and fell asleep at night to the sounds of the waves crashing on the cliffs outside. There are so many hidden spots to explore around the resort and the water is beautiful. We had several meals at the resort restaurant and everything was delicious. My favorites were the Rasta Pasta and the Snapper with pumpkin and curry, we had the continental breakfast everyday (toast, cereal, fruit and yogurt) and also enjoyed the grilled cheese and tomato sandwich from the lunch menu. We had a couples massage one afternoon by Maxine and Georgia who where so amazing, it wasn't your usual hotel spa massage, they did a better job than our osteopath at home. We left with so many great memories of jumping off the cliffs, floating around the pool, having leisurely conversations with other guests and the great staff, going to walks to check out the local restaurants, we have never thought that we would visit the same resort more than once but this place is so great that we will probably end up going back one day. It was nice to be able to leave the hotel and go to the market, or to grab a bite at Ahh Bees or Ras Rody's (both are a must!) I could go on and on about how great this place is, The perfect mix of relaxation, great food and beautiful scenery made this the trip of a lifetime for us. Thanks to Mikey, Racine and Owen for their great hospitality :)

Room Tip: The cove cottage is central in the resort with a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melgreen
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

3rd stay here,...always a great experience! Spectacular scenery and perfect sunsets. The staff is exceptional and went out of their way to help create a beautiful time for us. Mikey, Bruce and the night kitchen crew were amazing! The dogs are favorite friends and make us feel very secure at night. Thanks Tensing Pen!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank jimmyminny
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This place is a hidden gem, even amongst other so called "upscale" resorts on the cliffs. What you get here, compared to other places, is "INTIMACY", so much so even the local drivers and boat operators regard this place as "special". We stayed a week in Garden studio, having been upgraded upon arrival. Out of our more than 400 + nights spent in the carribeans in the past 10 years, this is one of if not my favorite place to stay. Only negative (which I imagine is the same along all of the west end place) is the street noise up until midnight. Kitchen/bar staff could also be a bit more smiling, but this didnt stop us from aving a FAB-U-LOUS time.

Room Tip: southern rooms are closer to the street and local bar, so noise is less if more towards the north of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alain B
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My son is planning a trip to Jamaica for yoga bliss and spiritual cleansing...although he'll be at another resort for part of his trip, I am planning on booking him some time at Tensing Pen...it's worth it! We had a wonderful stay with cousins and friends for a 25 year wedding anniversary in 2012. Tensing Pen staff was great and guest friendly, and our rooms (we pretty much took up the whole resort) were fantastic, ev'ry time! Great yoga classes, great side excursions, great trip!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I don't know what's better, the food or the service. Absolute perfection. Everything is pristine but in a very authentic Jamaican way. I have been going to Negril since 1974 and this was my favorite place. The new chef is great, I usually try to eat at a few places but I couldn't stand to not eat as many meals as I could at Tensing. The wait staff was great. Also, there is a little Ital vegetarian stand across the street, Ras Rody which you should try.

Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
#1 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Catcha Falling Star
Catcha Falling Star
#5 of 80 in Negril

Been to Tensing Pen Resort? Share your experiences!