“Wouldn't Recommend it” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 42 Negril B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Wouldn't Recommend it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

It was very old and very very cabin like - almost felt like I was living outside. Everything was soooo old. Little critters were also very attracted to the property. We spent our whole trip killing gigantic red ants and mosquitoes. We even saw a lizard - all of this INSIDE our room. The maids also hand wash the towels so it feels like I'm living in a village. The chef & food was great, but you can access that from anywhere. Staff was nice, but everybody knew our business lol. Hopefully they fix it, but I don't know.

Generally wouldn't recommend this place unless that's your type of thing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Heiloo, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We (me and my 7yrs old) stayed in one of the studios of "Secret Cabins" with private bathroom and kitchen for a week. Next time I might decide to have one with a/c but other than that the cabin was simple but perfect. Its right on the beach so we have done hrs of swimming and all the staff is very friendly and helpful. My son loved it too and it was a perfect place to close of our 4 weeks traveling through Jamaica.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Hayward, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was our 2nd year staying at Secrets cabins which is part of the Firefly Resort property. We love it. It is a simple cabin with the toilet and showers across the sidewalk from the cabin. Everything is kept very clean. And they wash the linens and hang them on the line to dry--I love that. The staff at this resort is outstanding--friendly and helpful. I love the setting. You are steps away from the beach, yet there is a green, shaded area to sit in when you are tired of sand and sun. We are outdoor people. We love to camp and the Secrets cabin was exactly what we were looking for. We bring a small cooler and get some ice for beverages and snacks. The cabin is perfectly adequate for sleeping and who is spending time inside other than for sleeping when you are in Jamaica! We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. The cabins are close to the beach and there will be music playing on the beach, so if you are sensitive to that, bring ear plugs. I never had a problem, but some people would.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NorthernLights55
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I've stayed at Firefly/Secrets three times prior but always in one of the larger Firefly apartments tha thave kitchens and private bathrooms. I've always been courious about what it would be like to stay in one of the Secrets cabins as the rates are great. The one thing that always turned me off what the shared bathroom and not having a fridge. I finally made the leap and it was great. They're cleaned at least every day and the reality is that so few people use them, they're never far from spotless. The toiletts are seperate from the showers. And the showers, amazing. They're open air (no roof) with a half swinging door that can be latched. There is something amazing about showering outdoors. I will say that when I do go back adn stay in one of the apts, i will be using the outdoor shower. As for the fridge, it wasn't a big deal, but we always love keeping some left overs or fruit for snacks when everything shuts down. And having cold water on hand is always nice. Certainly not a deal breaker though.

The only negative that I can mention about Firefly/Secrets is that they were doing construction in the bar area (improvements, making it larger with more seating etc) and all during the day the circ saw was running. So that ruined the peace and quiet that I went for. Over all, not that bad but surely noticeable. They'll be done by the end of april, maybe before, so no worries if you're going after that.

Alas, one of our favorite bartenders, Maxine is no longer there.

The one pictured is the actual one we stayed in.
Overall, would absoloutely stay in a Secrets cabin again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

3 Thank mikeytbc
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was my fourth stay at Secrests Cabins. I was travelling alone this trip and my cabin was the perfect fit for me. The staff, as always, was delightful! Mind you, this is not for everyone. Staying in a cabin is more for the outdoors type. But, they do offer a large variety of rooms worth checking out. They have the most perfect spot on the beach and I have met plenty of pleasant people staying here. As always, I look forward to my next stay at Secrets!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank mjacobi1024
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Once again I had a wonderful stay at Firefly/Secrets cabins in Negril. The staff is still amazing! I met so many people from all over the world as we all sit together on the beach. The family atmostphere makes for a wonderful experience :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mabree
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

When I first saw this cabin I was a little disappointed however after being in the cabin for a couple of hours I started to feel how great my weekend at Negril beach was going to be. The staff were so friendly and accommodating and we were literally 2 seconds walk from the beach right by a big tree which was great for me as I burn quite easy so to be able to have constant shade was great. The cabin was clean and tidy and it was fun running across the grass to the shower room I really enjoyed my stay and for the money you cannot complain and I think if anybody does they are definitely not seasoned travellers and are expecting to much. As we paid £85 for two nights for 4 people that is like hostel money in some countries. I would recommend this to any seasoned traveller who is looking for a great holiday but wants to save money on accommodation rather than live in 5 star luxuries and doesn’t want to explore the country they have visited.

Room Tip: Even two people should go for a 4 people cabin as the smaller ones seem a little closed in and the...