“CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negril
Crystal Waters Villas
Vancouver, Canada
“CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Crystal Waters was chosen by our group of four families after many hours of research, the location, beach, accomodations were fantastic. The owner is onsite almost daily, arrangements are made for tours through the helpful staff and having a cook in our cottage daily was fantasic. My kids got the try jerk chicken, cooked by one of the staff who stayed late just for us! The resort is not huge but so nice, the staff and security guards at nighttime made us feel right at home. It was the best trip we have ever taken, and yes we have travelled. Can't wait to go back and would go back to Crystal Waters in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank hannah

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Upon arriving Nehru(owner) was waiting there for you, like it was something out of Fantasy Island. After luggage was brought in by the staff, lunch was already on the table to eat. Great Start!

Beach - Clean with fine white sand, plenty of places to sit and great security staff that keeps all the peddlers away. Sunsets were incredible.

Water - clear, clean and warm.

Villas - A little out dated, but who cares really? Clean and comfortable. They were all equipped with an IPod stereo, cable TV(American Channels) and a DVD player. Villas were equipped with hammocks to relax on those lazy days.

Staff - Security was great and there 24 hours to keep riff raff away. They BBQed for you when you want something grilled and arranged any kind of water sports you wanted. Special thanks to Clifton for having his friend come and open gift shop after it was closed for the night.
Grounds people busted hump to keep property clean and pristine.
House Lady was awesome! Kept our house clean and fed us great food. She is an amazing cook and deserves a mention (Marie).

Things to do - There are water sports, but make sure to talk to security guy first. A lot of people walking the beach selling their wave runners. We fished with captain Duke, but that was kind of a flop. Was expecting bigger boat, but came in a small skiff. Experience was good though. Snorkeling with Captain Mike was awesome. Took us to a great location and saw lots of fish. There is also Rick's Cafe at the cliffs. You can watch the locals dive for money. YS Falls was Ok, too long of a drive to see a few falls. Very beautiful though.

Local Bars – Margaritaville next door- Wednesday and Friday are the best nights. Drinks very expensive
Country Country next door – expensive drinks, but not as bad as Margaritaville
Right next to Country Country is the Red Roof hotel. No not your American Red Roof Inn, but I don’t remember its name, but you will know when you get there. Prices are so much better and they make a good Rum Runner.

The only thing that I wasn't thrilled about was having to go shopping for our food, deciding what to have Marie make and see if there is enough and the beach peddlers (ANNOYING!).

Room Tip: Get the 3 bedroom villa nearest to the beach.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank AlexAAA
boston
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I have travelled extensively in Jamaica and Negril for over 20 years. This trip was a stay at Crystal Waters. Crystal Waters was booked mainly because of a problem at the property that I always go to. I will always stay at Crystal Waters from now on when I travel to Negril . No question.
Every aspect of this trip was easy. From booking to check out, everything was as smooth as silk. The staff are the most amazing group of people I have ever seen. There is a really positive attitude and a feeling that nothing is too much to ask for. There is also no question that staff are happy to work there. It shows.
The villas are basic and clean. The property is extremely well kept with a pool and beautiful gardens and foliage. By far, one of the things that stands out most at Crystal Waters is the beachfront. It is easily one of the nicest properties on seven mile beach. The area is wide and flat. There is so much space and you are very far from your fellow travellers and that can be rare in Negril. The property has lots of palapas, a pool and a jacuzzi. The beach security arranged my chair exactly as I liked it every morning before I even got to the beach. Any vendor that you call for can come on the property but only if you ask... so absolutely NO beach hassle.
One of the finest points of our vacation was the lovely Annette. She was so perfect in every way and an amazing cook. I loved having her work with us for our whole stay and she has the right balance of being helpful and not intrusive. I did not know how I would feel having someone in our villa during our trip, but believe me, I loved having Annette. I wish I could have brought her home.
The owner of the property really cares about his guests and wants them to have a good experience. It shows in every way.
Can't wait to return this summer.

• Stayed February 2011
4 Thank lina
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We stayed at Crystal Waters Villas for ten nights and what a fantastic resort it was with a beautiful beach and wonderful villas. The owners (Nehru and Ena) and their staff are very friendly and go that extra mile to make sure your stay is perfect.

Jean was our cook and housekeeper for the first day and then Cathy for the remainder of our stay. Every day they made sure our villa was clean and tidy and cooked us breakfast and dinner. I was born in Jamaica and hadn’t been back in a while so I made lots of requests for Jamaican cuisine and man was it goooood. Vendors selling fresh fruit, vegetables and seafood came into the resort daily so we (or our maid) could select produce for preparing our meals. We only went out for dinner one night to a fancy restaurant and we both agree that the meals cooked at the resort were much better.

It was nice to know that only certain vendors and tour drivers were allowed to come into the resort as the resort owners only want to use people they know and trust.

We felt completely safe while staying at Crystal Waters Villas thanks to the security guards, Kemel and Clifton. They also do fantastic barbeque dinners on request. Clifton cooked us jerk chicken and Kemel cooked us snapper. Both dinners were excellent.

This trip was made even more special as my boyfriend proposed to me here at Crystal Waters Villas. I will never forget the moment and the place.

I was so sad to leave that I actually had tears in my eyes but I know we’ll return again soon. Thanks Nehru and staff for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Funtrvllr
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Perfect! Private housekeeper/cook. Private beach area with awesome helpful security. Glass bottom boat picks you up right at your beach to go snorkeling or any other water activity. They arranged tours for us that were so much better than the mass/all inclusive tours. We got special treatment and access. Staff was wonderful! Villas clean and spacious and comfrtable. Will not stay anywhere else in Negril. Next door to Margaritaville(awesome drink specials) and smack in the middle of 7 mile beach.

Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DottieB4
Minnesota
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We just returned from a one week stay at the Crystal Waters Villas. We were not familiar with this property and were a little unsure of what we would find when we arrived. Our group consisted of my husband and myself and another couple. We were in adjoining 1bdrm./1bath villas. We could not have picked a better place to vacation! The staff were, to a person, incredibly friendly, helpful, honest! Crystal Waters has a fantastic beach, Clifton and Kamel take care of everything and make sure you are not bothered by vendors. Clifton is more than willing to set up any kind of excursion you The housekeepers (thanks Pauline!) were phenomenal! There is nothing better than being in Jamaica and being able to enjoy real "home" cooking. This was our 4th visit to Jamaica, and I have to say the "villa" experience is by far the best! Thanks again to everyone at Crystal Waters for making our vacation so wonderful.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank QT2
plano, tx
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Nehru, Camille, Pauline and Camel worked hard to make the stay completely comfortable for us. This is a family owned place where you get the warm and personal treatment as compared to all-inclusive hotels. David drove us from the airport and everywhere else. He was a wealth of information and lots of fun. I recommend him highly for being punctual and proactive. Try to stay away from the agents/middle men on the beach trying to sell you all sorts of stuff. If you need something just ask Camel and he will take care of it. He grills the best jerk chicken in Jamaica. Here is a list of things I recommend and I don't recommend:
Recommend:
=>Crystal waters and staff for their service.
=>Snorkeling, jet skiing being a lot of fun. Camel can help you with this. Make sure you negotiate best rates (we paid $20 per person for snorkeling and $30 per person for jet skiing).
=>Rent motorcycle and drove through countryside. (Do this if you are adventurous at heart because this is a bit dangerous with rough cab drivers and agents following you to make commission. )
=>Visit YS falls and black river safari. Use David to drive you there.
=> Buy souveniers for local craft market (bargain prices here) instead of big shops.
=> Norma's restaurant down the beach for dinner at least one night.
=> Take early morning swim in the ocean.
=> Eat Tony's brick oven pizza for lunch down the beach (Gatehouse Villa / tony's bar)
=>Country country next door has a bar that is much more reasonably priced as compared to noisy Margaritaville.
=>Take lots of bug spray and spray it everyday before sunset. Take Benadryl anti-itch gel. It came pretty handy with lots of sand flea bites.
=>Take lots of sunblock.
=>Tip your driver and cook/maid well. They work hard and they don't ask for tips but they appreciate it when you offer.
=> Exchange dollars for Jamaican and pay room tax to Crystal waters with Jamaican dollars. They use rate of 82 to dollar whereas you can get 88 to dollar at cambio (high-low grocery store). You will save lots of money everywhere if you use Jamaican dollar instead of US dollar.

DO NOT RECOMMEND:
=> Buying any services/products from agents hanging out at Margaritaville.
=> Drinks at Margaritaville ($10 for beer).
=> Best of the West jerk chicken place down the street. Horrible food and dishonest people running the place. Camel cooks best jerk chicken. Norma's restaurant down the street has great jerk chicken too.
=> Kuyaba restaurant... too expensive and food was ok.
=> Renting motorcyle/moped from Elvis rental company down the street. Very dishonest.
=> Don't tip people who ask for tip. Lots of people will ask for tip for offering services that you do not want/expect.
=> Don't engage in conversation with anybody trying to sell you something.
=> Roaring river falls is a waste of time and infested with hustlers.
=> Do not take illegal taxis. Ask Nehru or someone in office before you try something.

Negril is a great place. US economy and slow tourism is hurting them a bit. In slow season the hustlers/agents drive you crazy but apart from all that it is a beautiful place. Crystal waters is a small yet comfortable place to enjoy your stay with friendliest people to take care of you. I recommend you take care of them by tipping them well.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family