Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Rayon Hotel(Negril)
  • Pool
All reviewsfew issueslocation is amazingjamaican breakfastenjoy jamaicaluxury hotelhot tubbit datedall inclusive resortbeach chairsrick's cafemilestorage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2012

a very quiet time in Jamaica so when I asked for an ocean view I got H3 and my wife and I loved it. The ocean was 30 ft away, a very calm sandy 4 mile long beach great for swimming and wading (shallow a long way out), not much to see snorkling (only tried twice). What nice service as Sherwood kept us very happy w/clean beach towels when we asked. He also waited on us at some meals which were all good. Mighty close to the best lobster I've had in Jamaica at a decent price. Cable TV was functional, shower-good pressure hot and cold. Used a room safe-3$ per day and never had any problems. My wife said w/a price like this must not have room service and she was wrong. Good service while we were walking the beach. Country country very good to eat at and a short walk to the west. Rented a nice corrolla in mo-bay so it was nice to have transportation at about $52 per day including insurance (thank heavens we didn't need) Wife would not drive so I learned to "stay on the left mon". Margaret (sp) does a great spa massage and pedicure manicure and if she is not busy will negotiate the price. Ants and bug bites were a pain but not a big one (bring bug spray) Sunsets from our room were stunning some nights. Will be back if the room is right.

Room Tip: its all about the room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vayden
Reviewed 21 July 2012

best sunset in jamaica.
but what do i know anyway really?
everyone has their own opinion.
mine is honest.
why?
no idea :!
not my issue, right or wrong?! u decide?
i am a guest; paying for a room; period end of storee.; however, if the room is missing something from home, who do we tell; mom right?! well if its a hotel, is mom there?!!
service.
don't need to cost, 500 a night;
with respect to all the "other" chaynes........
this place. is simply; devine.
my idea of home; how 'bout you?
travel safe.
yoni88 :)

Room Tip: service costs everywhere (gratuity _ min 20%. period. ok...15...try 20 then try 15. if u go in at less than 10. oh well :) u figure it out everywehre i always tip. good service; or not so. not anyone's fault. just is what it is. making a livin on tips....it's commission. i challenge aneeone to work with me for a day :) safe, sound. sleep. after driving from negril to kingston and bak. same day. and maybe other drives; for hours. just want peace and quiet. this location? u figure.\ it. out. peace to all :) ask for the table where I personally sat....if you're in that neck of the. woods :) btw. the security at the GATE. scares me. all is good night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We were in Negril around New Year. We had booked the hotel beforhand and first when we came we got the poorest room of the hotel, view to somebody's backyard and launry and some machines that looked like dumpsters. When we complained got a little better (only a little) when agreed to pay a little extra. Surroundings of the hotel were ok and location just on the 7 mile beach and a nice cafe/restaurant by the beach BUT the rooms are very bad. I would not recommend to anybody. We stayed during New Years and they had in the night for several hours disco techno music volumed EXTREMELY high. My friend asked severl times that they would put volume a little down but they didnt. We wanted to change to another hotel earlier than our reservation ended but this hotel didnt agree to that (would not give money back). We will not not come back to this one ever. The hotel we stayed after this was totally different quality and only 100 meters a way..

Room Tip: I dont think there are any good rooms..
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank TripAnna_71
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Just got back last week from 2 wonderful weeks at this lovely hotel. At first we were offered a room overlooking the road which was a nice room but we prefered a beach front room. so we upgraded for an extra £150. This was a good move as we were right on the beach in a lovely room with beautiful dark wood furniture . All the staff were very friendly from office workers to grounds people . If you get the chance to visit Negril i hope you will give this hotel a go because in my opinion it is one of the nicest i have been to and would not hesitate to go there again in the future. Thanks to all at Footeprints for making our stay with you so wonderful. 23/04/12---07/05/12

Room Tip: Try and get beach front room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Babs51uk_11
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have stayed at Footeprints for several years and have enjoyed every year. The staff treats you like family who has come to visit. It may not be one of the five star properties on the beach in negril , but it also does not have the price. You wake up every morning to a beautiful view of the beach and the ocean , and watch the sunset from the bar every night. You meet tons of people each day as the walk down the beach and gain some wonderful freindships. So if you are looking the Ritz you can go pay Ritz price if you like. Much Love to Footeprints and the entire staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends