Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Most relaxing, visually exotic Carribean experience possible. Sounds of the sea 24/7 at your fingertips with access for an adventurous deep water swim below the cliffs. You'll never forget a stay here, and want to return in order to eliminate any/all stresses from your life. I'd never choose to be anywhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea, but the suites closest to the water are exceptional. Cannot be closer to th...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 November 2011

This was my first visit, but definitely not my last....Negril is the laid back place to go in Jamaica and yes there are a lot of all-inclusive hotels around, but that's not what I wanted. I personally like having my own car and at any time I could check out any place along the cliffs or the beachside at my leisure. If you like, most places will even pick you up from Home Sweet Home by car or boat, just have the office arrange it for you....If you want to be pampered, you can just get a day pass like I did at the Grand Palladium for 60.00/day and it's all inclusive for that day or any of the other all inclusives even closer for about the same amount and the return to your very reasonably priced, cozy, secluded oceanfront room. I stayed in Room 12 and i must say you will not beat that view no where in Jamaica.....Just hang out on your hammock and sip champagne all day or your favorite drink and just let the minutes then hours pass you by...you'll owe it to yourself to take at tleast one day and don't do anything but that...maybe have some food in the fridge so you can just warm it up when needed and some Shirley cookies and fruit and you're set for a day of total relaxation....It's better than the Day Spa with all the massages and pedicures and facials and manicures etc.....I promise you, you'll be totally relaxed and I suggest you do that early on in your trip, because you might never want to leave the room.....I can see that all the rooms have ocean front views....Anyway I just wanted to say I enjoyed you guys and Thanks for all the friendly help I got while I was there.......

Room Tip: Room 11, 14 and 13 are your largest rooms for families and Room 12 is perfect for a couple or Solo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FSals
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This is a wonderful little place to be if you're visiting Negril!!! It's been a few years since I've stayed here but I always make my way there when I am here. The grounds are always clean, rooms are always clean and the staff has always been inviting!!! It's a beautiful place. GO THERE! ;)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Amazing view of the ocean. In the middle of the action. We could walk to just about anywhere with many local vendors nearby.

The staff and owner were very pleasant.

It is a smaller resort than we usually go to and it was very relaxing and layed back. The pool looks over the ocean and you can view beautiful sunsets from the pool, our private deck or the resorts main deck.

Home Sweet Home was a great stay for the price.

Pat K.
Walker, MN.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The best place on the West End to get "off the grid". We were in a spectacular split level room with a second floor private deck over the cliffs. Our room had a flat screen tv and WiFi, but I was much more content being unplugged. The staff was so nice and took great care of us!

I highly recommend Home Sweet Home for anyone planning a trip to Jamaica and is looking for a nice quiet budget-friendly place with amazing ocean views but still close to the action.

Room Tip: The website for Home Sweet Home has great photos of every room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Enjoyed the laid back Island flavor and great privacy , yet access to excellent food and had a feeling of safety with intimacy!
Not the fanciest of places, but thoroughly relaxed and enjoyed it!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mary w
Reviewed 26 August 2011

At first, I was a bit skeptical about booking my trip, for it was the countdown to showdown at the last weeks before vacationing and partying at the ATI Weekend Party in Negril Jamaica. This was the only place that had a room available, just in the nick of time. I got the room and called the local number to confirm the booking, it was safe.

Arrived a day late, but it was no big deal, my room was still safe and sound waiting for me :-)

Cool and quiet, well built, yet a local feel to it, I was at home. A nice big king bed, clean bathroom, windows, A/C, LCD TV, and local cable television was all I needed to relax when I'm not partying.

The hotel did not have a restaurant on site, however an independent cook and helpers served the most delicious local foods. They do not store anything that grows, when you order it, they get it fresh, just total bliss!!!

All workers are courteous and friendly, they have scheduled cleaning and make sure you are comfortable. From breakfast to dinner, everything is highly reasonable and I definitely left a good tip when leaving.

The location is safe and when you get in at 5am in the morning, you can rest assured that you wont be robbed, or anything like that. Other local hotels as well as local houses renting rooms are all around the area, as well as a local store not too far up the road.

Change ALL foreign currency at a local bank or money transfer place in the city, its much easier to purchase things in local currency, and that way you dont get charged more than necessary.

All in all, I loved the location, only thing is that it wasn't ideal for ATI weekend, you would need a hotel closer to the beach, but it was good to get away from the madness when you need to. Lots of local taxi, shuttle bus and motor bike taxi service run all day and night.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Leon B
hshnegril, Manager at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Hi L, so great to read your positive review. We enjoyed having you and are pleased to read you were happy as well. Take Care and looking forward to seeing you again. Marcia