Home Sweet Home Resort
US$99
  • Pool
US$212
US$193
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$150
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$115
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
US$484
US$469
Bookit.com
All reviewsthe cliffwest endthe penthouseowner charliebed roomon site restaurantdogs barkinga short cab rideprivate decklaid backcrashing wavescoffee potevery morningpeace and quietrelaxing staybring earplugscable tv
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed at Home Sweet Home for one night and I was so glad it was one night. The view is gorgeous and the property is kept clean but the room is very out dated and my room door had a crack from top to bottom which you could lay in the bed and see outside without opening the door. I hated the bathroom the shower curtain had many holes and tears in it, the towels looked very old and used even.The water pressure in the shower was very very low... I could not wait to get out, which is a shame becaue the property is very clean and the view is great.

I would not advice anyone to spend the money staying there, because you can find better for the same price or less. I will not be returning to that place.

Room Tip: Maybe the one by the cliffs..
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We were in Jamaica celebrating my daughter's 33rd birthday. This was my daughter's first trip to Jamaica and she wanted a small property on the cliff side of the island. While I always make sure that I spend money with the locals and explore local spots when I am on an island vacation, I usually stay at 4-5 star all inclusive properties directly on the beach. I couldn't believe that she wanted to go to an island and not be on the beach, but she is my baby and whatever she wanted for her birthday was fine for me. I am SOOO glad she selected Home Sweet Home! Since the water is so close to you it feels like you are sitting in the water. And you can hear the waves crashing against the cliffs 24/7. Talk about hypnotic.

Prior to our arrival, we spoke to Charlie the owner a few times and when we arrived on property he made us feel like family. We stayed 6 days and before the end of day 2 we were planning our return visit. There are only a few rooms and you feel as if you are in your own private home. We stayed in the Cliffside, room 11. I was on the top floor where I had a gorgeous view of the sea from my bed while my daughter and her oldest friend had beds on the bottom floor. Both floors had a balcony.

We were greeted at the airport by Chris, our driver, who was so kind and helpful. As soon as we arrived we dropped our bags and moved to the resturant, where Gladston gave us the low down on the menu. From the resturant we were treated to a beautiful sunset which made me cross Rick's off my destination list:) We ate breakfast there every morning and the girls had Banana Flambe most evenings. For lunch, try the Jamaican Stirfry. Prices are reasonable, food filling and tasty. Winston and Garth and Henry were ab fab and also made us feel like family! Housekeeping cleaned our room daily and every need that we had from securing recommendations about nearby waterfalls and horseback riding to securing onsite massages were meet with smiles from Alice in the front office

We never turned on the a/c. We opened the windows and the balcony doors and the breezes were grand. The girls turned on their fans and that was adequate. I was lulled to sleep by the crashing waves. OMG! One day of my stay I sent the girls off for an island tour with Chris and I left the room only for breakfast and to swim in the pool. I sat on the balcony, read, slept, meditated, slept and read somemore. We went to 7 mile beach one day and had a great time. We weren't approached to buy anything. I did observe vendors approach some people but when they were told "No" they moved on. We weren't "pestered" once during our trip. I think that people get what they expect. If you expect to be bothered you will be. If you think that biz people that are trying to make a living to support themselves and their families may ask you to buy their wares, you can respectfully explore the opportunity or not. The girls went out into the neighborhood daily without fear. They were treated respectfully and have new Facebook friends.

Make sure that you try some local food. If you exit HSH and turn right and walk a bit down the street you will find the BGrill which has awesome food prepared by Chef Roy.

I have not one complaint about Home Sweet Home, the location, room, staff, grounds or the view. Everything was fabulous! Yes. it is an older property but it has great character and the name fits. It goes down in my book as yet another reason that Jamaica is my favorite vacation destination.

Room Tip: The closer to the cliffs the better!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We LOVED our stay in HSH. We stayed there for 3 nights. They arranged our airport pickup and the driver was outside the airport waiting for us even though our flight was a 40 mins early. I've had my reservations due to some of the negative reviews, but we wanted to give it a try and we end up loving it!

Yes, the place is a bit dated, but the price is reasonable AND you get a million dollar view with it. Yes, you can hear the street noise but all the hotels on the cliff end are located right next to the road, not sure if they will offer any better sound proofing. Bring some ear plug if you are a light sleeper. I'm normally a light sleeper as well, but I got used to the noise from the streets and the day tired me out, so I slept peacefully.

You can always find a spot on the cliffs that's quiet and most of the time, you have the whole place to yourself because of the set ups. We normally enjoy the views from our balcony. Go out for small short walks and see actual Jamaica during the day and come back to the hotel for the beautiful sunsets right over the water in Negril.

We gave the 7 miles beach a try on our first day there (about $200 JD per person to go to Magaritaville beach on the route taxis....takes about 5-10 mins)) Beautiful beach, but we didn't think we would enjoy staying on the beach because there is a constant flow of people asking you if you want to buy something. They were friendly and a simple no usually does the trick, but we loved the quietness we get to have once we get back into our hotel. We get to watch out sunsets in peace.

Marcia (from the front desk) suggested snorkeling and she recommended Famous Vincent. I don't swim and am actually afraid of the water (still am), but she convince us that Vincent will take care of us and he did! He was with me the whole time throughout the snorkeling trip and I felt very safe. That turn out to be one of the best parts of the trip! He gets in the water himself and shows us the reefs and all the underwater creatures. The hotel also offers snorkeling gears and life jackets for those who don't swim. My boyfriend is learning how to swim, but he put on a life jacket and jumped in the water from HSH cliffs. Charlie (the owner) and some of the guests we met there were there to keep an eye out for him. He had a blast!

I would definitely recommend this hotel for people who wants to see actual Jamaica, beautiful sunsets, great snorkeling. This place grows on you. I don't like to go to the same spot for vacations, but I do actually want to come back here with my family.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanview. If you travel with family, definitely get the suites.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lazygirl2140
Reviewed 27 March 2012

i had a wonderful experience at HSH!!! the staff is exceptional!! I traveled alone and ALL of the staff made me feel welcome, comfortable and secure. Charlie, Marcia, Deano, Roy, Garth, Ione, Winston, Shawna, bartenders, House keeping, and security ..... the best ever! you all were so friendly and helpful. Special big up to Marcia, you looked after me the entire vacation & that truly means so much to me.

The entire view is absolutely breathtaking. it is very hard to find such a stunning view and pay such a reasonable price. The restaurant food and service was fantastic. (real Jamaican food)!!! Charlie (the owner) was so nice. He is such a hard worker and and is always there if you need him, with a pleasant helpful attitude.

I am so thankful that i trusted my "gut" and chose this resort. (along with the help of trip advisor). I can not stress enough how helpful and caring the staff is at HSH. I left feeling like family. I will return in August & i can't wait!!!!!!

Room Tip: all of the rooms have great views!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We recently stayed at HSH from March 11-17, 2012 and we had an amazing time!
Charlie and his staff were perfectly friendly and accommodating. The hotel grounds were beautiful! Small, quiet and pretty, this hotel exceeded our expectations for what we payed (which was exactly what was listed on the website, no hidden charges!)
We stayed in Room 3, on the ground floor and had no problems and noticed no weird smells. There was a couple mosquitoes, but at plant level in springtime there's not much you can do about it. Our room was cleaned every day, we had no issues with the safe, the hotel driver Chris brought us wherever we wanted very cheap, and Marcia at the front desk took care of anything we needed.
The food at the HSH restaurant was good, a little on the expensive side, but considering we went out in town for most of our days/meals it was just nice to have something available at the hotel when we felt lazy!
The decision to stay on the cliffs side of town was the right one, all the hotels on the beach are totally cookie-cutter! And though 7-mile is incredibly beautiful, the hustlers on the beach are so in your face (i got accosted the first day cuz i wouldnt pay for a crappy song that i didnt ask for and had to tell crappy drug dealers to leave us alone constantly!) that it's enough to make you not want to stay there.
HSH had something all those resorts lacked: personality! And tranquility. And it was cheaper than all those other places, even the really crappy hotels with bad reviews on 7-mile!
We saw a lot of Negril and the surrounding areas last week, and the whole time we kept saying how we picked the right place to stay! If you're one of those high maintenance travelers who needs your butt wiped for you, you shouldn't be looking at small hotels anyways, go stay at the compound that is Grand Palladium and enjoy what they call "Jamaica" (which might as well be Miami!).
But if you want to stay somewhere real, homey and absolutely beautiful, call Charlie directly and book your room! And make sure you jump off the high landing on the cliffside of the hotel (it only looks scary!).
Thanks HSH

PS: There's a general store called L & M Enterprises, and a great breakfast spot called "Just Natural" a couple hundred yards down the street from HSH. So convenient!!!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at HSH
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends