“terrific”

Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 19 March 2008

My wife, daughter, son and I had a great week at Home Sweet Home. The staff was terrific, the rooms were clean, and we had a spectacular view of the ocean from the cliffs.

Charlie, the owner was charming, attentive and concerned about every guests needs, big or small. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

Joel Seltz

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 March 2008

In Jamaica, the West end is the best end. Negril has a few big resorts, but if you're looking for more Jamaica and less super resort, then you should check this place out!

The rooms are comfortable and the food was great, plus the Staff was very accomidating. Ask for Charmaine at the Front Desk if you have questions.

I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jwillie70
Reviewed 24 February 2008

Home Sweet Home in Negril, Jamaica, is a wonderful resort! While not the stature or size of a Sandals or Beaches, it has a charm, peace, and beauty all its own. It is a smaller size resort located on the west end of Negril right on the ocean. It has stairs and plateaus built into the cliffs so you can down to the water and enjoy snorkeling and swimming in the sea. My wife and I saw all kinds of sealife, including a stingray, jellyfish, and all kinds of colorful fish. The food at the restaurant on the property is excellent, and the sunset views can't be beat! My wife and I stayed in the Penthouse suite, and the room was amazing! It is very spacious, and has a huge oceanfront balcony with a hammock for lounging! There is also a pool and jacuzzi on the property for those who may not like salt water. The staff is friendly and helpful, and downtown Negril and the beach are only a short cab ride away, or a nice walk for the more adventurous! The staff can help you arrange day trips to various places like YS Falls. Very peaceful and very relaxing!

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jarthdader
Reviewed 21 February 2008

The atmoshpere is just what Jamaica is....laid back. Great service, very friendly people. Beautiful vista's, swimming is wonderful right off the cliffs. Take the steps down to the ocean and enjoy an easy dip.......I miss Paulie, Best times were when the egg man come and the fresh oranges show up. Meet other vacation friends and find out how small the world really is. The current staff is 5 stars. I have been here 3 times and wish I could go every year. The feel of a local place with the secure feeling of a top 5 star resort. Jamaica is a beautiful place, with beautiful people. Respect and Love..............
Bruce
Minneapolis, MN
IRIE JA

PS, look for Charlie..........Ya mon.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank bpthompson
Reviewed 18 February 2008

I have been travelling to Negril for 20 years now and have stayed at many of the smaller resorts up and down west End road.

After walking past Home Sweet Home for 15 years, I stopped in one day to take in the beautiful view and property. I was met with kindness and smiles by the staff whom I have gotten to know in the past few years. All the rooms are clean and comfortable. I recommend room 12 (the penthouse) if you can get it. Im convinced its the best deal and nicest view of 90 percent of whats available in all of Negril.
Brian cooks fabulous meals, The hot tub is actually hot, the privacy is amazing. No one to bother you, always someone to help you. Top shelf personal service.
Snorkling and sunbathing in your own private cove.

I laugh each night as passengers on passing cruises point almost with envy as they see where you're staying. Busses pass each afternoon with folks that spent top dollar to come enjoy the famous sunset, that is included with this place. The view is one of the best around
I always feel like its "my place", never feel like a customer, always a guest.
No congo lines, or tshirt gift shops, or fake smiles, Everything including the beach is 3 minutes in either direction.just a private getaway to really chill from the world.

Support the Cliffs in negril. Lots of great smaller places with great service and accomodation. Unfortunately Jamaica Tourism pushes the big RIUs and Sandals type places. Its a shame because some real gems are up west End Road.
Home Sweet Home is just that to me.
I return in March for my 6th stay at this property. One of the finest values in all of Negril.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OttawaDeadhead
Reviewed 18 February 2008

Home Sweet Home was my first experience staying in Jamaica. I was on vacation with my fiance. It's a small resort right on the cliffs of Negril. It's definitely not a huge chain, it's not crowded, but the staff knows who the guest are, what rooms you're in, etc.. There were little personal touches like a small vase of fresh flowers in the room.
The room we had was amazing. We stayed in the "Penthouse" room. We had 180 degree view of the ocean, a private balcony, our own hammock to lounge in. We'd open up all of the windows during the day and the sunshine would pour in, and the breeze would flow through, it was awesome.
One of my favorite things about the resort was the steps right down to the water. My fiance and I love snorkeling, and every morning we'd simply walk down the steps right to the water. When we were done we'd walk back up the steps, shower off and lay by the pool. The resort was also able to help us arrange a day trip to YS Falls (about an hour drive away), which is beautiful! Oh, and one more thing, the sunsets are AMAZING. Sitting right on the western tip of Jamaica, they are breathtaking each night.
My biggest complaint on the trip was the humidity outside, but that's Jamaica in August, what are you going to do. It's beautiful though.
So, if you're looking for a relaxing vacation to kick your heels up and enjoy, Home Sweet Home is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emiles34
Reviewed 16 February 2008

Most people who stay off the beaten path in Jamaica usually end up with a room along the 7 mile beach of Negril, but after staying in about 70% of them ,in their best oceanfront room, I was given a nudge by a friend to stay at least one night on the Cliffside in a place called Home Sweet Home....My fiance' and I took a chance and stayed in room 12.....As promised, the room was oceanfront with the best unobstructed view we'd ever seen. The balcony is directly on a cliff, so there's absolutely nothing between you and the sailboats, yachts and even the dolphins. The water just beneath us was crystal teal in color, with shades of green and blue in all degrees. We enjoyed it so much that night , we went back to our 5 star hotel on the beachside to retrieve our belongings of course. Over the next few days we enjoyed the awesome sunsets with our home made Mojito's and Coco bread. Every morning we'd take a dip in the backyard's snorkeling plus waters......the day was usually reserved for exploring other little towns between Negril and Kingston.......back by sunset for our Mojito's and Coco bread. The staff was there if you needed them and out of sight when you didn't.....If you need pampering 24/7 don't try it, but if you're looking for the most relaxing place you can find on this part of the island with an oceanview that's unsurpassed.....and a most friendly staff and food that's fresh and always cooked to order...oh,and not to forget the sparkling pool and outdoor bar/restaurant............Extremely quaint and cozy and off the beaten path....We really enjoyed the room rates almost as much as our room with a view....We're planning on making it a Home away fom Home.

4  Thank house2million