“Had a Sweet Time”

Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I just returned a week ago, after spending 10 sweet nights at HSH. I have never stayed at such a laid back place before. I loved it! I arrived much later than I had anticipated, as an unplanned trip to WHitehouse from the airport enroute to Negril took place. But when I arrived the Security was expecting me and immediately walked me to my room. No hassle No waiting. The A/C was on and the room was spectacular. I stayed in the Seaview Suite #14. Although it was dark, I knew I was going to love the place. Next Morning, when I woke and saw the view, omg, It was better than I thought it would be!
The room itself is very large! It was clean, the bed comfortable, there was also another bed in the upstairs Loft. But the best part was the HUGE Balcony with stunning views. The perfect spot to enjoy my morning coffee! I haven't stayed up on the cliffs in a number of years, I had forgotten how peaceful and tranquil it can be.
Not sure I could go back to the beach after experiencing the cliffs again!
Had a couple of meals here, On the first night, even though we were late arriving the chef put together a meal of steamed fish and dumplings for us that we enjoyed before heading out for the night. On another day had a lovely lunch, the chef made curried fish --even though it was not on the menu! Did I say that the staff was awesome?!
I enjoyed the pool, for the days the sea was too rough, and the private cliff decks were awesome for taking sun.
There was never a shortage of Hot water, which sometimes happens on the cliff, but I never experienced that. The only improvement I would suggest is more counter space in the Washroom, I bring a lot of products, and the tiny shelf barely accommodated! lol My ONLY complaint! LOL
Would I stay again or recommend Home Sweet Home? Definitely !!

Room Tip: The Seaview Suite # 14 is Lovely!! Lots of Room inside as well the HUGE Private Balcony was Awesome!
2  Thank Tamra D
jttaylor63, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

We're so happy to hear you had such a nice stay. It was great having you on the property. totally understand the shelf space. ;o) The views are in fact amazing and you had one of the best ones. :o) Take care and all the best! Thank you again for all your thoughts and feedback.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have had the opportunity to travel to several places and stayed at B&B,s, hotels, all inclusives, etc. but after my stay at Home Sweet Home my personal standard has changed. You may not be a celebrity but will feel like one as you will appreciate the privacy and the attention paid to your every need. Tina, the amazing manager will be sure of that.

The cliffs for me surpassed the beach. A tranquil setting that is good for your soul. The water was lovely to swim in and snorkeling was amazing right off the cliff. I enjoyed doing yoga on the cliffs each day. (ask Richard to show you the Sleeping Swan, lol. ) During my stay the moon was full and I so enjoyed sitting on the cliffs at night admiring the beauty of the night sky. It was great watching Monty and Richard fish off the cliffs at night too.

The resort itself is so quaint and well groomed. (Omar does a great job.) Not too big and I never once felt unsafe. There is security working around the clock. My room was very clean, the beds so comfortable and the staff made it inviting each day with towel art and flowers. Special thanks to Samantia for the "video" lesson. The Taylors' are in the process of upgrading the rooms and although there was maintenance and renovations being done it did not affect the quality of my stay. Who knew renos could be so quiet. :)

Food was of top quality and the chefs are amazing. If something was not on the menu they were happy to accommodate. Thanks to all the chefs, especially Terri and "Smiles" Ricky. Your passion shows in your culinary skills. The servers and bar staff make you feel so comfortable. My friend and I often were content to sit at the bar to chat and play dominos with our new friends. We will be back for rematches Richard and Monty. Thanks for the amazing happy hour drinks where happy hour is all day. I hope you put my Loose Goose on the menu. Yanni can make them. :) Apple and Romaine thanks for playing great music for us.

Sadly my trip had to come to an end and the staff made the last night unforgettable. Thanks to all of you for planning such a nice party. Richard thanks for the karaoke. Patrick was hilarious. I had tears from laughing so much and a few from saying good bye.

Thank you John for dining with us and sharing some of your personal story. We missed you this time Kim but got to know you a bit through John. I can see the vision you and Kim have for Home Sweet Home and saw the pride in your eyes John for your staff. I wish you so much success in this endeavor. I think it was the perfect life change. I was already promoting HSH at a bar while waiting for my connecting flight home. Hopeful we can get some Maritime blues bands to come your way. I look so forward to coming again.

Overall this vacation destination for me was 5 star plus. It had everything I wanted, needed and more. The most relaxing vacation I have ever had. I went on a girls trip, so no kids or husbands made it that much more relaxing. :) I had a hard time adjusting to family life again when I came back. Culture shock. lol. If you don't want to be part of the "herd" like you can be at some all inclusives, I highly recommend Home Sweet Home. Enjoy the resort and get to know the staff. You will come home a richer person for the people you will meet.

Thank you everyone at Home Sweet Home.

Catherine, from New Brunswick.

Room Tip: Ocean view suites are larger and have kitchenette however all rooms have wonderful ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catherine M

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a nice review. So glad you enjoyed your stay, the staff, food, entertainment, etc. Next trip will surely prove to be as much fun! We strive to give our guests the best experience during their time with us. Very happy the group was able to enjoy so much and have a nice relaxing vacation! Thanks again! :o)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed here for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed the cliffs. They are quite beautiful and it is wonderful to lay out on a beach chaise on one of the terraces on the way down to the water. The food was good, and the staff were very helpful. We were particularly fond of Monty who works the restaurant, and the young fellow at the entrance.

A bonus to the cliffs is that you are not pestered to buy things like you are on the beach.

1  Thank rrcapecod

Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will surely pass your feedback on to the staff as well. Thank you again!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My partner and I have been travelling to the cliffs of Negril for sometime now and usually stay at Catcha Falling Star. This time their one bedrooms were booked so we decided to try something new. Home Sweet Home had a special on their rooms and we decided to go there. We were only there for 2 nights and wished it had been longer. What a phenomenal place! The room (we had a cliffside suite) was large, clean, beautifully decorated with all bamboo furniture and had a spectacular view. It was heaven. Oh and the beds are incredibly comfortable with great linen. And the staff leave amazing towel sculptures with fresh flowers which is a real perk. We also wandered the grounds, snorkelled, lied in the sun and watched the sunset from the roof one night. It was beautiful. One afternoon we went to the beach and couldn't wait to get back to the serenity at Home Sweet Home. We also ate breakfast twice and dinner once at the restaurant and every meal was delicious. I highly recommend the callaloo omelet and the lobster curry!! Oh and the drinks are stiff! We got a little tipsy watching The Voice one night:) Thank you to all the staff at Home Sweet Home - you do a great job and have an execellent vacation spot. We hope to return soon!!

1  Thank travelbug1995
jttaylor63, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you so very much! We hope to see you again soon as well. Callaloo omelet is one of my favs as well. :o) It's so great to know that we've been discovered on the cliffs. very happy to know that you had a terrific time and had the opportunity to experience our new face of the property. More good things to come. Can't wait for your to return!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I planned a seven night summer vacation this past summer and stayed at the Home Sweet Home Resort in Negril Jamaica...our experience was exceptional! The resort is nestled on the Cliffside and we woke each morning to beautiful ocean views and amazing sunsets. Each day we would jump off the cliffs and spend the afternoon snorkeling or sunbathing on the cliffs. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant provided excellent cuisine and daily specials at very reasonable prices. I recommend Home Sweet Home Resort if you're truly looking for a relaxing, tranquil and unique vacation in Negril.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pdldeleon

Thank you so much for taking the time to review. It was awesome to have you all with us this summer for your vacation. We're excited for you to come back and see even more changes we're making since your stay. Thanks for everything and hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I took my family to Home Sweet Home for vacation - what a blast! Beautiful cliff-side views, crystal clear water (great for snorkeling), and fun for the kids to jump off the cliff into the sea. And nice for the adults to lay out in the sun on the cliff-side pads which is perfect for Island drinks. The new ownership are great people, create a fun atmosphere, and will make sure that you enjoy your stay too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill M

You guys are such great people. We loved having you with us and are really looking forward to your return to see all we've done since you stayed. Our new menu you and drinks are definitely something to look forward too. Hope to see you real soon! :o)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

When I think of home I think of family and friends, laughter and good times. From the moment you arrive at HSH you are welcomed with smiles, a rum punch and a cooling cloth. After a long flight and a long ride from the airport - this was just the start of a week of feeling home. Tina, your welcome is nothing short of brilliant! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left you ensure that every detail was attended to.
Imagine heading down to the pool in the early morning and just when you begin to think you should get up and find some fluid - there is one of the 'staff' - bringing you a cold glass of ice water. Hmmmm, where does it go from here.
Taking a break from all your worries, wouldn't you like to get away? Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.
Being on the cliffs at HSH was a welcome relief from the craziness of a beach resort and the impersonal nature of an all inclusive.
The restaurant and the special attention from Chef Rickie of the menu under Terry's watchful eye kept us coming back for more.
Learning how to play dominos from Richard and Monty is moments I will treasure. In fact there are so many moments that made each day special.
John, and all of you who put in their extra time in planning that excellent partee, thank you - it was over the top.
There are things that John and Kim are working on to make this resort even better. I look forward to seeing all the future upgrades. It is easy to overlook small imperfections when you are surrounded by friendly smiles, good food, music, sunshine and laughter. Made some new friends and enjoyed a special week with the BFFs.
Nancy thanked everyone ... and I add to that! Appreciate all that you did and do for your guests. It was my Home Away from Home for a week.
xo, Crystal (shine like a diamond)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank WaterfordGroup

You all are the best! Such a great group and so much fun! we are really looking forward to your next trip to stay with us. Can't wait to see everyone again. the family and friends atmosphere and reality of our place is exactly what we love and try to make special for all who join us. Can't wait to see you all again and have more good times rolling!! Warmest Wishes to All!! Thanks again!