“Peaceful.....”

Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My stay at HSH was just what I hoped it would be.....relaxing. This is a small, charming resort away from all the hustle and bustle of the beach. Nothing fancy here, just like home away from home. The views are incredible and my room was cozy and comfortable. It's a very clean property and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They really want to make your stay memorable. I had a wonderful massage on the cliffs from Novelette, (just ask the office to contact her for an appointment). The food was delicious and we even had live music during dinner. Because the property is small, you get to know who is staying there with you. There was a guy hanging around the yard sometimes, I think his name was Godwin. He was the only one that I didn't get a good vibe from. He seemed to not belong there and to be honest, I'm not sure why he was there. Other than that, Tina, Tracy Ann, Dino, Chris, Kim and so many others on staff deserve a shout out for being awesome. I look forward to staying at HSH again. Irie!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jenniferdee52

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Let me start by saying I travel to Jamaica every several months and have always stayed on 7 mile beach. This trip I wanted something different, more relaxing. Well HSH is definitely the place to find peace. The staff is extremely friendly. Upon arrival, Tina was there to meet us with a huge smile on her face and upgraded us to the pent house. It was my birthday and she remembered which was so impressive. I am use to a totally luxury hotel and this was not that. But it was the most comfortable room you could imagine. Breath taking view, inviting bed, hot water. I just loved it. Thank you HSH for helping me find my peace. I will return !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Lovinglife6367
charlie r, Manager at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

It's wonderful to hear about your amazing stay at our property! ! We strive to give our guests the best vacation experience possible and we are delighted to hear our staff did just that! They will be so happy to hear about your kind remarks.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just want to say the Food is to die for, it was very tasty. The rooms were cozy and i felt quiet relax actually the view from my room was awesome to wake up to daily. Oh, i also met the hotel manager her name is Tina, she was so friendly. charlie the owner he's super, very nice guy! Kim was hilarious we talked for hours and Tracy-Ann the waitress was amazing, she was quick, and blended some great drinks for me over the few days i was there. (Hopefully the name's are correctly spelled, sorry guys thin memory). To sum it up all the staff was a delight to talk with and view was amazing! Keep up the good job guys, looking forward to come again!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Morceta
Reviewed 2 May 2014

A surprising jewel in the long chain of hotels and resorts between Long Bay and Westend. A true boutique place for both people who want a peaceful vacation or party folks that need to rest in-between. At the bar on the cliffs, though, spontaneous get-togethers happen quite often and may soon turn into a more private party atmosphere with the friendly bartenders taking over the DJ part.
Foods and drinks are excellent, prepared by the well-trained chef with finesse and love. if you want to avoid the crowd or join only when going out, while enjoying a more sophisticated Jamaican management and staff, this is the place.
Cliffs and terraces above excellent snorkeling pools, swimming pool, cliffside bar & restaurant.
By car: 5 min to Rick's café, 5 min to downtown, 10 min to the party mile along Long Bay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andreas C
charlie r, Manager at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for your great review of our property. We're ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed our gorgeous property, friendly staff and delicious food. Sounds like you had an incredible stay and we can't wait to welcome you back for another!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am truly amazed at the rave reviews that I am reading and am actually wondering if they are made up or not. My stay at Home Sweet Home was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. We stayed in the "penthouse suite" - the view and balcony were great, but that is about all - very rustic, no lock on the door and no screens on the window. There is virtually no security on the premises and I had a local walk up to the penthouse suite and knock on our door solicitating us. The bar/restaurant is a joke - the bartender very unprofessional and the food was not good at all. The pool area was not cleaned the entire week of our stay - dirty glass and ashtray remained there from the Day One. I would not recommend this place to anyone - do yourself a favor and look elsewhere to stay in Jamaica

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ellen M
charlie r, Manager at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

We're so sorry that you had this unfortunate incident during your stay at our resort. It is also disappointing to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations during your visit. Please accept our apologies as this is certainly not our standard.

Regarding your overall experience, we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments, for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My friends and I spent four nights at this retreat overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Upon arriving we were greeted with warm smiles and hospitality. The view was breath taking and the tropical surroundings let us know we were in paradise. Although I preferred to be on a beach, the views and staff made up for lack of on site beach. This was my first time to Negril and I cannot wait to return. Tina was amazing and always took care of our needs. We also met Godwin, who is an ambassador of Negril. He showed us around to food and fun , he made our trip unforgettable. We were also very close to great places, Rick's Cafe, 3 Dives and Push Cart restaurant. I recommend visiting all three. The ladies and gentleman that serve the on site restaurant were great, but the food service need some attention. Other than the food service, I highly recommend this gem in paradise as a great getaway for a couple or small group of friends.

Room Tip: I did not mean to say terrible for fitness center because there was none. I recommend room 16, great...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Allison B
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We spent an excellent week here in February 2014. It's not as polished as some resorts, remember it's called Home Sweet Home, but Charlie (owner) and Tina (manager) bent over backwards to look after out every need. Godwin was our driver (highly educated, smart and honest, important in Jamaica). We have family in Kingston so we have some experience. we highly recommend this property especially if you want tranquil. Experience the local eateries, several within walking distance (don't forget Godwin, he will take care of you. He also is an excellent tour guide. If you want to experience 7 mile beach for a day pay an all exclusive resort for a day pass. We will be back. JD and Danella

Room Tip: On ocean vs ocean view if possible
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple