“What a great place!”

Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We had such a great time at Home Sweet Home. It was exactly what we were looking for...a no pressure, relaxing getaway where no one bothered us. Very different from the larger all-inclusive resorts...and for the better. Terry's Cliff Side resturant served up some great breakfast and dinners (some of the best we found on the island). The staff was very friendly and extreamly helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable - not a bad room on the whole property from what we saw. We are booking for 2 weeks next year!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike135
There are newer reviews for Home Sweet Home Resort

Reviewed 25 May 2009

Last July was my first trip to Jamaica. My husband had been there a dozen times over the years and had carefully planned this trip to please both of us. We contacted Home Sweet Home - looked good on the website - and Charlie encouraged us to try the penthouse room. We spent two delightful days and nights there on the cliffs, and then moved down to the beach as we had planned. This summer we are returning to Negril and have booked our entire trip at Home Sweet Home. I've been thinking about the hammock on the balcony of the penthouse all winter long. It looks directly out to sea or down to the bottom of the water. I could turn and see my husband sunning at the pool, or down to the cliffs where I laid out every day. I'd get hot, jump off the cliff, and climb back up to the rocks again. I could see the outdoor restaurant and bar - delicious. It was quiet, cool even in July, and refreshing. I read two fat books in that hammock, napped, and just entirely enjoyed myself. I am usually that traveler who needs to plan almost every hour of a trip, but this hammock taught me otherwise. This year we'll use Home Sweet Home as our "home" base, my husband will scout and wander and arrange our comings and goings, our transportation and meals. I will let him do it all - I've already got my books picked out! Thanks, Charlie, for providing such a retreat!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank texwondoog
Reviewed 1 May 2009

We stayed at Home Sweet Home for 8 nights in April and thought it was a very nice little hotel.Only 14 rooms so we knew it would be quiet and thats what we wanted this trip.Room was cleaned very well each day and the staff was very friendly and helpfull.
Terrys restaurant and bar service is very good!! Meals are cooked to order so if you see it listed on the board it is very fresh.Bar has pretty much anything you are looking for and more considering the price of imported liquor in Jamaica.
This hotel is about a 10 or 15 minute walk from more restaurants and bars and about 30 to 40 minutes walk to down town Negril,very handy for banking and shopping etc..Route Taxis are always close by and you can go to town in one for a couple bucks.
Very nice pool to cool off in if the ocean is rough and if it is calm,take a jump off the cliff or go down to the ladder and enjoy a swim in the ocean.Also nice watching out over the ocean for Dolphins which we saw a few times while there.
This hotel is nicely located to be able to go out and have fun on the beach or at a bar or club and then come back and relax in a peaceful environment(unless we are there),then its a little noisier.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank billndonnar
Reviewed 11 March 2009

HSH is in the area of Negril called the cliffs. It doesn't have any of frills of the All_Inclusives which makes it so romantic. It's the perfect hideaway. When my boyfriend and I pulled in and saw the view, I was like okay, let's take it. But when the agent took us to our room, I felt like I was home. All the rooms have ocean view, we had a cushy king-size bed, nice furniture, flat panel tv, and HOT WATER! Everything was perfect. We spent a wonderful two nights. I love HSH. Will definitely come back and the rates are very good.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank karbAtlanta
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Inna excellent location, this hotel is great. Beautiful place with a special jamaican style. The restaurant is very good, great food and service (big up Kerry and Ann!). The rooms have a view of the sea and the place just make you feel IRIE.

Jah Luv
dubdem sound system (Brazil)

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dubdem
Reviewed 23 January 2009

With the number of hotels at affordable prices in Negril, you have to be crazy to waste your vacation here. things have not been updated since 1974. The only way I would consider this hotel again would be if I stayed in the deluxe room with the great view. i read trip advisor before going and boy was I steered wrong, which makes me really wonder who is actually writing theses reviews. I was even asked not to write a bad review here on my departure. Maybe they do this to everyone. The view from the cliffs is AMAZING, but it can be seen at a more modern place down the road

Stayed: July 2008
3  Thank the0b
Reviewed 22 January 2009

Stayed at Rm. 11, family of four, there is enough space for six people.
The pros: 1) Awesome ocean view, feels like you are almost hugging the water when out in the balcony. Loved having our breakfast in the balcony; on-site restaurant prepares good breakfast, , very calming and relaxing to just sit by the balcony. 2) wonderful staff- friendly and accomodating , from driver Chris driving us to/from airport, Charmaine at office, Terry and the girls in the restaurant, house-keeping does good job with cleaning room. Reservation/arangement directly from owner went smoothly 3) reasonably -priced considering the above pros.

The cons: 1) The place sooner or later needs maintainance works, paint chipping off walls, rusted locks, garden can look better. Our toilet was in the upper floor, noise of the toilet flush in the middle of the night can wake you up. 2) awkward snorkelng area- difficult to use stair for water entry/exit ,with the wave breaking right on the stair area. We walked to Xtabi to snorkel several times. Xtabi has better stairs and calmer water with good food at the restaurant and fun to hang around nice staff.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family