“a great value for a great location”

Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #32 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Chesapeake, Virginia
“a great value for a great location”
Reviewed 24 February 2011

My husband & I were greeting by a warm, and friendly staff. Our room had a terrific view of the ocean from our balcony. Our room was spacious with a comfortable queen bed . The on site restaraunt had a varied menu with lots of seafood. We enjoyed our breakfast which was included. Shopping was nearby & we could walk into the town easily. We enjoyed climbing down the ladder into the ocean to snorkle. My husband, actually jumped off the ledge of the cliffs into the ocean. A first for him.
We look forward to staying here at Home Sweet Home again soon.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 February 2011

This resort on the cliffs of Negril has an ambiance all its own. The multiple sundecks right on the ocean are great for sunning, jumping off of and our favorite, snorkeling in the morning calm waters and seeing all the aquatic life practically right from our room. We saw Manta Rays twice while snorkeling. The friendliness of Charlie, Tina, Chris and Sycamore made our stay special. I have spent many vacations at large fancy corporate resorts, but the quiet charming atmosphere of this place will bring me back for another true vacation. I cant wait to come back

Paris, France
Reviewed 19 February 2011

the owner is just interested in your money and not very pleasant. The local staff is nice.

You have to wait more than an hour for a breakfast... if they accept to serve you.

The rooms are noisy and you feel like being in New York because of the traffic noise.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
Ok, here's the real story. These were 4 young folks from France, mid 20's, who booked 2 rooms for 15 nights. I agreed to accept 4 night deposit, with the balance due on arrival. This is a 30 night booking for my small hotel. They arrived at 2 in the morning, so I said we can take care of business tomorrow. Next day, one person said he was very sensitive to noise, so I moved them to different room. I bought 2 new beds to replace the king, since they would be there for 2 weeks. Later in the day, I asked to settle up for the rooms, they informed that they had met some Italians and have to go to Ocho Rios in a few days. I told them that I turned down other request to honor their booking, and asked them to reconsider. Sorry, but we are shooting a film, and must go to Ocho Rios, we like it here, but we must meet our friends there. Negril is a small town, turns out they moved up the road to a cheaper place.
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I've traveled to Negril every winter for the past 20 years and stayed at various places on the cliffs, mainly the Blue Cave Castle. I've had many friends who have stayed HSH who loved it. I've visited and eaten and drank there many times. This was my first year staying at Home Sweet Home and I found it ... sweet! Our room was as nice as any we've stayed in. Not for those looking for upscale accommodations and snap-to service. This is real Jamaica - a little funky, slow and relaxed.

cloquet
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This is our third stay at HSH and each time gets better. Rooms clean, staff pleasant and upbeat. Charlie was on hand this visit and kept busy tending to the gardens, repairing window screenings etc. Snorkeling was great, breakfast was great, calaloo omelet, banana pancakes. Friends brought their instruments and vocals and we had quite a few jam sessions with Charlie.
We have finally found our Jamaica Home after losing Drumville Cove, it even has a giggle pool by the ladder leading into the ocean!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Ashland, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Located on the west end of Negril- I love the relaxed, kicked back vibe of the cliffs. And Home Sweet Home is my choice destination in Jamaica. Host/ owner Charlie provides a wonderful atmosphere- he's very laid back and projects an 'all is good' vibe. Plus, he's a pretty good gutarist- so, all you musisian types, make sure and pack that string instrument because you don't want to miss jammin' w/ Charlie!! The staff was a real treat. Terry's Jamaican breakfasts were outstanding. Somehow there is nothing better then a cup or two of Blue Mountain Coffee served by Sycamore and then treated to a leasurely, casual meal. Dinner there was also great- altough there are a number of nice spots within walking distance. The rooms were clean and roomy.
Both my wife and I love to snorkle and this area on the clffs provided some great scenery- lots of fish and crystal clear water.
Normally, we tend to go to the island every 2-3 years, however, we are talking about an every year vaca at Home Sweet Home.

new brunswick, nj
Reviewed 12 February 2011

nice hotel. great location, perfect sea access, nice staff. the penthouse upgrade is very worthwhile.