“Exceptional Value in Paradise”

Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Exceptional Value in Paradise”
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We have stayed at HSH 6 or 7 times and love the place! The friendly staff sees to it that we have everything we want or need. The rooms are modest but clean with incredible views of the sea. We are within walking distance of many good restaurants although Teri the Chef is a wonderful cook, and close to the mini market if we needed to purchase anything. We really like staying up on the cliffs and avoiding all the hassles of the beach i.e., sand, hustlers, and pesky sand flies.
We plan on returning in the fall for another relaxing stay at HSH!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Manitoba
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We had a fabulous stay at HSM Feb. 14-18th. Charlie makes you feel like it’s your second home the minute you arrive. The views from the resort are breathtaking! Our room was spacious and being able to lie in bed and look out over the pool and the ocean was amazing. I spent many mornings on my laptop sitting on my patio enjoying the sounds of the waves and the views. Free Wifi is really a nice bonus. Terry is the cook for HSH and that girl can cook. Breakfast was served daily between 7 – 9 on the breakfast plan, or you could order anything from the menu at any time. Every evening Terry has a list of featured items for dinner to choose from but she is willing to make you anything, you just need to ask. One of the best meals I had on my entire two week trip in Negril was one made my Terry...mango garlic shrimp....it was unbelievable. Sicamore is the bartender, waiter etc. and he’s a great guy with lots of energy and a super sense of humour. Tina is the manager and was so helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and would go back in a heartbeat. There is something so nice about being anywhere at the hotel and to be greeted by your name. You just don’t get the personal treatment and attention that the owner Charlie and his staff give you, at any other places I have stayed.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Charlie, Tina, Chris, Sycamore, Terry, and Deano, what a great bunch. Thanks for taking such good care of us and making us feel so comfortable. You have really captured the true laid back vibe of all what a Negril vacation should be. Can't wait to feel the warmth of the Jamaican sun again, and to swim in that beautiful blue sea right at your front door.
John and Lisa from Toronto

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 24 February 2011

My husband & I were greeting by a warm, and friendly staff. Our room had a terrific view of the ocean from our balcony. Our room was spacious with a comfortable queen bed . The on site restaraunt had a varied menu with lots of seafood. We enjoyed our breakfast which was included. Shopping was nearby & we could walk into the town easily. We enjoyed climbing down the ladder into the ocean to snorkle. My husband, actually jumped off the ledge of the cliffs into the ocean. A first for him.
We look forward to staying here at Home Sweet Home again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 February 2011

This resort on the cliffs of Negril has an ambiance all its own. The multiple sundecks right on the ocean are great for sunning, jumping off of and our favorite, snorkeling in the morning calm waters and seeing all the aquatic life practically right from our room. We saw Manta Rays twice while snorkeling. The friendliness of Charlie, Tina, Chris and Sycamore made our stay special. I have spent many vacations at large fancy corporate resorts, but the quiet charming atmosphere of this place will bring me back for another true vacation. I cant wait to come back

Paris, France
Reviewed 19 February 2011

the owner is just interested in your money and not very pleasant. The local staff is nice.

You have to wait more than an hour for a breakfast... if they accept to serve you.

The rooms are noisy and you feel like being in New York because of the traffic noise.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
Ok, here's the real story. These were 4 young folks from France, mid 20's, who booked 2 rooms for 15 nights. I agreed to accept 4 night deposit, with the balance due on arrival. This is a 30 night booking for my small hotel. They arrived at 2 in the morning, so I said we can take care of business tomorrow. Next day, one person said he was very sensitive to noise, so I moved them to different room. I bought 2 new beds to replace the king, since they would be there for 2 weeks. Later in the day, I asked to settle up for the rooms, they informed that they had met some Italians and have to go to Ocho Rios in a few days. I told them that I turned down other request to honor their booking, and asked them to reconsider. Sorry, but we are shooting a film, and must go to Ocho Rios, we like it here, but we must meet our friends there. Negril is a small town, turns out they moved up the road to a cheaper place.
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I've traveled to Negril every winter for the past 20 years and stayed at various places on the cliffs, mainly the Blue Cave Castle. I've had many friends who have stayed HSH who loved it. I've visited and eaten and drank there many times. This was my first year staying at Home Sweet Home and I found it ... sweet! Our room was as nice as any we've stayed in. Not for those looking for upscale accommodations and snap-to service. This is real Jamaica - a little funky, slow and relaxed.